1-Ton Chevy dually Duramax.

whp4262

So I finally retired my 1-ton dodge with the 5.9 cummins and 260000 miles. Re
sygezepe.jpg
placed it with a 2013 Chevy LTZ dually diesel. Haven't pulled the toy hauler yet but looking forward to it soon as I get the Reese under bed rail kit installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Love that color! ! You will enjoy towing with the Duramax/Allison combo....best rig we ever towed with!!

ILH

My wife caught me looking and just rolled her eyes. She'll never understand... ;)

alex00

My old Ram was that color. I miss that deep maroon. The new Ram's maroon missed the mark. Great looking truck!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ooooh, pretty! Guess I'm the only gal that drools over red duallies?!

whp4262

Just made a trip from Fort Worth to Oklahoma City running empty with the truck. Mileage isn't bad for a dually.
uquny8ez.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nice looking truck (sorta a twin of my 2009 GMC). I get the same mpg running "empty." Need running boards for the crew cab? I've got a set available for a reasonable cost. I replaced them with stainless steel nerd bars that extend to the dually flare.

Edit: Oops, looked at the photo on the computer and saw you've got some nifty steps on yours. Couldn't see them on my phone.

Last edited:

Subdrv

Nice truck, I looking to replace my ford with a 2015 GMC dually next week as soon as I get the Ford out of the shop.

DocFather

Just made a trip from Fort Worth to Oklahoma City running empty with the truck. Mileage isn't bad for a dually.
uquny8ez.jpg

I would love to see that pulling the 4100 unfortunately it is 10 mpg less. HA! HA!

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Love that color! ! You will enjoy towing with the Duramax/Allison combo....best rig we ever towed with!!

I have the same Color with my 2005 2500K - with 250,000 miles on it. I agree best truck, no best vehicle, I have ever owned! and the 19mpg is not so far off my 21mpg hi-way running empty especially at 70mph. I have found the sweet spot is between 55-65 where I can get the beast to yield upwards of 25/mpg ( not towing of course )

Miltp920

Is that hand calculated or truck computer display? I need to slow down I guess. Mine gets 9.5 towing 15,500 and the best I ever did was 19.5 empty, probably at 65mph. my truck computer seems to be 2 mpg off what I calculate. I think my tires are bigger than what came on GMC stock.

I have the same Color with my 2005 2500K - with 250,000 miles on it. I agree best truck, no best vehicle, I have ever owned! and the 19mpg is not so far off my 21mpg hi-way running empty especially at 70mph. I have found the sweet spot is between 55-65 where I can get the beast to yield upwards of 25/mpg ( not towing of course )

scottyb

My 07 Chevy got 7.0 - 9.0 mpg pulling the 4100. My computer mileage was never even close to actual mileage. Usually 1.5 - 2 mpg higher. My Ford get about the same as the Chevy but the computer seems to be a little closer. More like 0.5 - 1.0 mpg off.

RVNEWBIE

I have the same truck in white pulling our Key Largo. Pulls like a dream and the creature comforts of the LTZ are great too!

Joe

RVNEWBIE

I ALMOST broke 20 with mine from Atlanta to Tuscaloosa. 19.9....I was pleased. My wife's FX4 only gets about 16 on the interstate. And it is only a F150.

Joe