free wifi or internet services

Grey Ghost

Ok, I will admit I'm a novice at this, but I've heard tell that there are a few sites out there that offer free access to R.V.ers. I've looked a Freedompop.com and find out it is not really FREE. Are there others that people are using and if so are you guys happy with it and is it safe. We travel mostly around the western states since we live in AZ. Sometime we are in campgrounds that don't offer wifi services and sometime we are in the back country with no service but like to ck out emails and would like to just surf the net once in a while. Looking for assistance in this area since we are really not very computer savvy. :cool:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We use the Verizon MiFi except I think they call it Hotspot now. I haven't heard of a free wifi service other than going to McDonald or Starbuck type places.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Ok, I will admit I'm a novice at this, but I've heard tell that there are a few sites out there that offer free access to R.V.ers. I've looked a Freedompop.com and find out it is not really FREE. Are there others that people are using and if so are you guys happy with it and is it safe. We travel mostly around the western states since we live in AZ. Sometime we are in campgrounds that don't offer wifi services and sometime we are in the back country with no service but like to ck out emails and would like to just surf the net once in a while. Looking for assistance in this area since we are really not very computer savvy. :cool:

I use Freedompop.com. It may not be free for all services but it does work well and is not too expensive if your not a really heavy data user.

JanAndBill

My DW and I have Verizon smart phones with a shared data plan. Either of the phones can act as a hot spot supporting up to 5 devices each. We haven't had a problem yet with signal or data overage.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We have the Verizon unlimited data plans on our iPhone's and activate the phones as hot spots to run all of our internet devices.

Rod Ditrich

dave10a

Some public places like library's, fast food, camp grounds and some government places offer free Inet. The thing to watch is security of your computer. Make certain you disks and other resources of your computer are set to "not share". Also your fire-wall inhibits the appropriate ports, TCP protocals and incoming traffic. Then make sure your virus protection is up to date.

Roller4tan

If you're out in the "back country" where there is no cell service, there will be no internet unless you're in campground that offers it or you have a satellite dish for it. my 2 cents