Medium Duty Truck Insurance

SilverRhino

We are giving up our Dodge Ram 3500 and going with a Freightliner Sportchassis. I am getting ready to start shopping for insurance and wondered what company others, especially my fellow Texans, are using to insure their trucks.

Travel Safe!

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    797.4 KB · Views: 143
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 2011-11-11 18.02.28.jpg
    2011-11-11 18.02.28.jpg
    703.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4430 (1024x683).jpg
    IMG_4430 (1024x683).jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 141
Nice Rig

When we started F/T ing we checked into and went with Progressive. They would insure both the 5er and our dually. Did this through Caravan Ins at the Escapee park in Livingston Tx. Good luck.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We use USAA. If you are a veteran are someone in your family is a veteran I would recommend checking with them. USAA has always been the lowest of anyone we have looked into for our vehicles insurance. They refer us to Progressive for our 5er insurance but we still get a USAA discount with them.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

LBR

Waking up an almost 3 year old thread here rather than starting another of same value.

We purchased our 2003 5-series truck used in 2005 and just recently bought a new CY. I wish to insure both a toter and the TH with the same insurance company.

Which companies are insuring toter/5th wheels nowadays? Are there many of you are running a MDT?? Thanx in advance.

ksucats

We went with Explorer Insurance (policy written by National Interstate Insurance 1-800-929-1500) - they covered our F450 and LM 365 for less than what Farmer's Insurance wanted for just the truck alone. Have had a couple of claims over the years (bird strike requiring front cap to be repaired and then I backed into a railroad tie at home and did some bumper (fiberglass) damage). Super service on both and no increase in insurance premiums.

LBR

We went with Explorer Insurance (policy written by National Interstate Insurance 1-800-929-1500) - they covered our F450 and LM 365 for less than what Farmer's Insurance wanted for just the truck alone. Have had a couple of claims over the years (bird strike requiring front cap to be repaired and then I backed into a railroad tie at home and did some bumper (fiberglass) damage). Super service on both and no increase in insurance premiums.
Thanx! I will followup on this and give them my VINs for different quote coverages. It is difficult finding an underwriter who will accept the 5 series, and we will probably be stepping up into a used 6 series MDT toter for even more safer stopping and pulling power. Right now the TH is under one company and the truck is still under our commercial policy and that could become a can of worms should an accident occur.