Travel Map/Heartland Owners Club

'Lil Guy'

I just ordered the stick on travel map for the TT. Going to place it on the slide out. Only exposed when slide is open. Saw one like that on my maiden voyage with this TT. Don't want to cheat to look like a vet, but we've camped in New Mexico and Colorado with our pop up camper. Does that count? Again, don't want to just start putting stickers on that aren't merited. Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread. Also, how would you recognize a Heartland Owners Club member at the campsites in case you might want to inquire about joining? Do they display a 50 foot banner or what? I belonged to a Triumph Riders Group when I had my bike. Enjoyed the get togethers and lots of great knowledge exchanged. Was thinking the Heartland group would be the same. I appreciate what I've learned here and hope to be able to return the favors later to some other start ups. Thanks again for the help we've received and have a great day.

VKTalley

Hi Baker! Everyone does their travel map differently. There is no right or wrong way to use it. My hubby (MCT) and I only put a state on if we have camped a night in that state. I know others who add a state if they drive through that state and even others who don't add a state unless they camp and do an area attraction in that state. So, as you can see, it's whatever you want to do!
On the Owners Club members, most of us have our plate (license-plate size) attached to our back ladder. Any club member would be glad to talk to you. You can also find more information by clicking on the Owners Club button at the top of the forum thread and/or contact Jim Beletti, president of the club. Also, check out on the first page of this forum, on the side bar, all the different rallies, find some in your area, and go!!! They are a lot of fun and you get to meet some great people who are more that willing to share ideas and tips with you.
Hope this helps you and who knows, maybe we will see you on down the road! If you do see us, please stop in and say HI!

'Lil Guy'

Thant's what I figured on the map. We stayed in the high desert of N Mex. in a hail storm. That will let you know how small a pop up camper is with the pull out beds on the end. Tripping over each other for two days. Got a lot better when we stayed in the park out of Santa Fe. The wife and I will probably join the HOC soon. I've always been a loyalist, whether with Penn reels for salt water fishing, Triumph motorcycles, or our hew TT. Of the ones we looked at (a bunch), tis heartland TT seemed so much better built than the others. Lightweight and solid. Pulls great and just the right size for DW. I'm already thinking of a diesel and a larger TT. Taking it out again in a couple of weeks and going to take a couple of weeks off the 1st of August. Not sure which way we're going to go yet. Again, thanks for the reply.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Welcome to the Heartland family!

The Heartland Owners Club is free to join for the first year, so there is no reason not to join!

Our Colorado chapter had a Spring Shakedown campout last weekend at Cherry Creek State Park just south of Denver . . .

While we didn't go, I did stop in Saturday evening after I got out of work and spent a few hours sitting around the campfire chatting with those who were there . . . had a blast!

And in three weeks we will be attending (with our camper in tow) the Colorado Chapter Rally down in Colorado Springs!

As for the map, we don't have one on our trailer, but I do have on in my sig line here.

If I've been there with my camper or our old one, then I have it marked on the map.

I have camped in three other states, but those were either when tent camping or RV'ing when I was a kid, so have not marked those on the map.

'Lil Guy'

:DFree! What's $70.00 when you have my money.lol Seems like a small price to pay for that plaque and key fob. Looking at the rally here in Texas. Would be nice to meet some other Heartland owners and chat a bit. I wonder if a drink around the campfire is permissible? Could have a big bearing on my going to a rally. Wife and I both enjoy an occasional cocktail, especially around a campfire, nice dinner, sporting event, etc.... On a serious note, I'm looking forward to filing up that state map. Got big plans. Just need the time to go. Retirement is in about 18 months if I live that long. Hope to run into you and everyone else who has chimed in on my rookie questions. Later and have a great day. down the road

danemayer

Would be nice to meet some other Heartland owners and chat a bit. I wonder if a drink around the campfire is permissible? Could have a big bearing on my going to a rally. Wife and I both enjoy an occasional cocktail, especially around a campfire, nice dinner, sporting event, etc....

If there's any restriction on alcohol, it would be a matter of park policy, not club policy.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Please join us at the Texas Rallies! We always have a good time. In fact, the Rally in Bullard is next to a winery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Do they have any rallies for the little guy TTs? Also, do they have valet parking so the wife and I don't make to big of an ado at the site if it's back in parking. We'll check into the rally at Bullard. We have property near there and go up that way quite a bit. Again, thanks for the replies. Do you know how small our 21FBS looks next to those big 5th wheels?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Do they have any rallies for the little guy TTs? Also, do they have valet parking so the wife and I don't make to big of an ado at the site if it's back in parking. We'll check into the rally at Bullard. We have property near there and go up that way quite a bit. Again, thanks for the replies. Do you know how small our 21FBS looks next to those big 5th wheels?

We started with a North Trail! And a few of our other NTX chapter members did, too. You are welcome, no matter what coach you have!!

A NorthTrail at the rally:

u7e6ate5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk