Best Protectant

'Lil Guy'

Getting ready for our 2nd trip this weekend and brought our NT21FBS home to clean up. Washed her and applied the 303 to everything. Easy on and off. However, lots of square feet to deal with.lol Don't know how you big rig owners do it. This stuff said space age UV protection. It also says if you get it on to heavy, use water to remove?????? Will rain remove all of my hard work? Also, is anyone else using it. Sure made the rubber look good. However, the TT looks nice but you can tell it is not a good wax job. Just trying to keep her looking nice even if it is the "Little Guy" on the block. At least this way, when I pull into one of your Rallys you can say here comes that little guy but it sure looks clean. I think I'm getting a complex. Looks like I'm getting off topic too. Again, is the 303 protectant good for the TT including the roof? Thanks in advance

dave10a

303 is the best and does not wash off after it dries. I have used it for many years and it really works well. It does not remove oxidation but it does protect decals, paint and rubber stuff as good as anything else including wax. The trick is to apply it before things oxidize.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't think you want to use it on the roof, but others may chime in.

We were NT owners, I understand your feeling of being the little guy. You're not "little", you're just efficient! I think owning a 5ver = a lot more to worry about than a travel trailer, so take your time and enjoy the simpler life!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunset4k

OK, I'm kinda a newbie at some things so I have to ask, what is "303"?? Can I get it at campers world or walmart ??

'Lil Guy'

Walmart didn't carry it. Not sure about CW. Most boat dealers have it and are real proud of it. I got mine online. Cheaper that way. It goes a long way. Being a newbie here, I just used it and can't really tell you much about it other than it is easy and quick to apply. If it does what it says, I'm happy. Still need to find out about it being used on the rubber roof. Reason I wanted to try it was to use one item instead of having to wax the fiberglass and do the decals separately. Maybe it doesn't really go that far come to think of it. Remember, my TT is really small.

MTPockets

I tried 303 (got it at Camping World) once..... I heard about a product called Rejex.... tried it and wow... It too is a protectant that is not a wax, and it does not remove oxidation, but if you want a shine, water beads up, goes on/off like a liquid wax... Use it on rubber, plastic, decals, window glass, etc.... I love this stuff... My Big Horn is now 2 1/2 years old, constantly in the sun and shines better than new.... For more detail about the product www.Rejex.com .....

Hunter11

I have used 303 Protectant for many years now on our trucks, boat and RV's. It is a very good product which also has UV inhibitors in it. I have a 1 quart spray bottle and buy it by the gallon and refill the spray bottle. The last time I bought it was at Amazon. I would not use it or any other product on the roof.

Hunter11

MTP, I used Rejex on our last unit and just ordered two more bottles to do the new Landmark with. Great stuff if you follow the directions.

mbopp

Another 303 user here. Not on the roof, but I use it on all the rubber door and slide seals. Never tried it on decals....

As far as the 21FBS - For the 2 of us it works just fine. If our daughter and her husband come along they sleep in a tent but we set up a small pack 'n play in the TT for our granddaughter. Camping to us means "base camp," so we don't hang around the campground much.

Hunter11

Jim, if you have your own spray bottle I would try and find a gallon of it. That is what I do but like I said I use it on our trucks as well as the RV. It works great on all the rubber gaskets on the storage doors and I use it to treat the slide seals. I am not sure if you are going to use it on your whole trailer if a quart spray bottle would be enough.

Medic403

Thanks, I will go ahead and get a gallon and use it on everything also. Is it better to rub it on or spray it on and what do you use to apply it and wipe it off?

SeattleLion

I tried 303 (got it at Camping World) once..... I heard about a product called Rejex.... tried it and wow... It too is a protectant that is not a wax, and it does not remove oxidation, but if you want a shine, water beads up, goes on/off like a liquid wax... Use it on rubber, plastic, decals, window glass, etc.... I love this stuff... My Big Horn is now 2 1/2 years old, constantly in the sun and shines better than new.... For more detail about the product www.Rejex.com .....

I used Rejex on my sports car. It is great stuff, but it is a lot of work. You need to apply, let dry and wipe off. Considering the size of my Bighorn, I'm not sure I am up to that task. The wiping off isn't as easy as I thought it would be. The first time I used it, I put too much on and it took forever to wipe off, the second time I used much less and it was easier, but not effortless.

MTPockets

I used Rejex on my sports car. It is great stuff, but it is a lot of work. You need to apply, let dry and wipe off. Considering the size of my Bighorn, I'm not sure I am up to that task. The wiping off isn't as easy as I thought it would be. The first time I used it, I put too much on and it took forever to wipe off, the second time I used much less and it was easier, but not effortless.
It is a job, but not much different than waxing. ReJex must be applied in temps under 85 and no sun or rain for 12 hours. I do mine in the evening in sections. Front cap one evening, rear cap another, then sides in four steps.. Over the course of a couple weeks I'll get it done in a total of 6 hours work. It's worth the effort (opinion)

pegmikef

Jim, if you have your own spray bottle I would try and find a gallon of it. That is what I do but like I said I use it on our trucks as well as the RV. It works great on all the rubber gaskets on the storage doors and I use it to treat the slide seals. I am not sure if you are going to use it on your whole trailer if a quart spray bottle would be enough.

Plus it is considerably more cost effective by the gallon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...:15684181,k:303+aerospace+protectant+1+gallon

Manzan

I have been using the 303 since I purchased my trailer. I use it on everything except the roof and it looks great. Spray it on, wipe it off and buff. I find that the rain pretty much cleans the trailer after a trip. Use it twice a year. First time I used it, the towel I used to spread it around after spraying was wet so put it on the black trim on my Suburban. It was 8 years old at the time and all the black plastic was grey. Wiped on the 303 and all was black again. Did it again last year, (2 years later) just because. Nice having an 11 year old TV that looks so good. Trailer and Suburban sit outside year 'round but then, it is Seattle.

'Lil Guy'

What is the best product for oxidation before using 303 or Rejex?

If you already have heavy oxidation, I think you'll have to buff it off with some kind of polishing compound, removing the dry oxidation and a oxidized layer of gel coat. There are some good you tube films of doing this on a boat which should be the same. That's why I'm trying to find the bet stuff for preventing it from happening now. You're up against some labor I don't want to have to do.lol I also checked the Rejex site and it doesn't say anything about vinyl or decals. If the 303 does it's thing, seems like the way to go for me. Very easy to apply and use.

szewczyk_john

I bought mine at one of the Goshen rallies. Got a great price plus some freebies. I am hoping the seller is as the Urbanna rally as I could use another gallon soon.