Vacuum won't start

moonshot

I have the eureka in my new 015 cyclone 4200. It has never worked. I checked the power at the outlet and it is fine. I've tried the power to the vacuum outlets and there isn't any there. I tried to look for a fuse but cannot find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rob

jimtoo

Re: Vacuum wont start

Hi moonshot, Rob,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in soon with some information for you.

Jim M

This is link to owners manual that may give you some help. We have a great bunch of repair and operators manuals under the "Tools" tab at the top of the page. A lot of them are written by Heartlanders that actually use the appliance or what ever. Really good information there.

danemayer

Hi moonshot,

I think there's a fuse for the 12V circuit on the Eureka unit. Check the label on the fuse box cover. Also, the LEDs that light up next to blown fuses will light only if there's a load on the circuit. So you would have to insert the hose as though you were going to vacuum, and then check the fuses.

moonshot

Hi Dan & Ann, Thank you. I've looked all over the actual vacuum and cant seem to find a fuse there. It shows one in the picture, but it is not where it shows it on my unit. I will try to look at in the fuse panel. Whoever wrote in my fuse box must have been 2 years old because I cant read it.
Rob

moonshot

Hi Jim & Bette,

Thank you. I looked at the owners manual and there is nothing that I can find about a fuse on the unit and no darn troubleshooting. I'm going to try to look at the fuses and see if I find anything.
Rob

danemayer

Sorry, I did mean the fusebox, not on the Eureka unit. Unfortunately, labeling of the fusebox isn't always 100%. If you insert the hose to use the vacuum, and one of the fuses has a red light next to it, that'll be the one to look at. If you unplug the vacuum hose and look again and the light is off, that's definitely a blown fuse on the vacuum circuit.

moonshot

Hi Dan & Ann,

I checked all fuses and they seem fine. I checked to see if there it power to the outlet that powers the vacuum and that is fine. I tested the low voltage wires comeing from the vacuum and nothing. I think it should be 24v. I crossed the low voltage wires which should start the vacuum, nothing. I checked the breakers and they are all on. Any other ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Rob

moonshot

Hey Dan & Ann,

After the hours of testing everything and talking with you, i kinda figured i was looking at a new one. this is my first new RV and i'm getting a little upset with all the fixes i'm making. The closest Heartland dealer is about 140 miles so its a pain. I love the machine though :)
thank you for your help.
Rob

porthole

Retired

The wires for the "on" circuit are 22 or 24 gauge and may have either come loose from the back of the wall plate or have broken at the wall terminal. or the vac end.
My two outlets are wired in series (vacuum - basement wall plate - L/R kick plate), so if the basement connection was bad it would not work at either wall plate.

moonshot

Hi Duane/Debbie,
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately they have to send me a new one. I got on with tech support and we went through every scenario and he said its DOA. :)
Rob