New subscriber to Millenicom but not happy so far

aRAYwego

After reading the great comments by JBeletti and others, we were convinced to become Millenicom subscribers. Since receiving the unit, we have had two nights of no WiFi and now are experiencing slow speed and very little signal. They sent a signal to reset the jet pack to make it work after the issue of being down for two nights. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Is there a way to boost the signal strength? The only devices connected are 2 phones and a PC. Please help, becoming very frustrated.
Thank you
James and Sheila

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
After reading the great comments by JBeletti and others, we were convinced to become Millenicom subscribers. Since receiving the unit, we have had two nights of no WiFi and now are experiencing slow speed and very little signal. They sent a signal to reset the jet pack to make it work after the issue of being down for two nights. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Is there a way to boost the signal strength? The only devices connected are 2 phones and a PC. Please help, becoming very frustrated.
Thank you
James and Sheila

Have you had good reception at this location before the two nights of no service?

I ask because I don't have millenicom, but do have a mifi device I use while traveling for my work. I have always had good reception, until one RV park in Colorado Springs. According to the provider website, I should have had excellent 4g LTE coverage. I could not get a steady connection of any kind for 2 days -- then, when our next door neighbor moved out, Voila! I got good reception again!!

So could it be a factor of lots of users on a tower, or a bandwidth hog, right nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

How many campgrounds have you had this issue with your Millenicom device?

Reason I ask is that I am at a campground where I get 1 bar of 3G only data service on my Millenicom device. I then connected an external antenna to it and got it up to 3 bars of 3G. That said, Internet access is till slow and not 100% available. At times, we can't use our Verizon phones for phone calls here either.

So - why is this? Because I am in a poor Verizon voice and data coverage area. My guess is that you are in the same situation.

When you relocate to a known high Verizon signal area, if your signal does not improve, I'd suggest you try to get Millenicom to send you a new device or if you'd prefer, cancel your service with them if you're within their cancellation period.

azbigfoot

I have had Millenicom since January. I've only had issues at one campground in Junction, TX where I couldn't get a signal. Everywhere else has been either 3G and mostly 4G.

Have you had any success with your Millenicom device? How many good nights versus the two bad nights? Are you sure you are not over you usage amount? Can you drive around to find a better signal and see if it works?

I will say I have seen one problem. Seems like certain high volume websites lag a lot. Two I definitely notice are Google and Facebook. Not all the time but certainly they load much slower than others. If I do a factory software reset that seems to improve the connection speed to those two sites.

aRAYwego

We were using the WiFi available through the park (Oasis RV Park, Las Vegas, NV). It was really bad and they gave us a booster to plug in and that helped immensely. However, it is not secure in any way. That scares me! This is the only campground we have been in since receiving the unit (we live here). We are going on vacation in 7 days and will be traveling several states so we will test it then. We are right on the strip in Las Vegas and Verizon is the main carrier here so I am not sure it is a Verizon issue. I have been noticing lately that the phones also have low signal here and switch to 3G sometimes. The two bad nights we had Millenicom had no info why it happened. I received an email stating that they had to deactivate and reactivate our device. Not sure what caused that problem. I guess we just thought for the money we are paying it should be running faster than it is and have a better signal strength. Thank you all for your responses. Hoping we see some improvement on vacation so that we know if it's our location or not. Will keep you posted on our situation. Thanks Everyone.

Bohemian

If cellular service is bad, it's bad. Coverage across the country is not excellent everywhere, or even existent is some places.

You can add a cellular booster or a Yag antenna or both. They will help if there is a marginal cell (3G/4G LTE). This will not help if there is no cellular service.

You can also get wifi boosters and antennas to get the camp service better.

danemayer

It looks like there's a Verizon tower very close to the park. Perhaps the tower is down or there are just so many people using that tower that service is poor. There's also some web chatter about problems like this caused by a recent Verizon software change.

aRAYwego

We walked around the park a bit and the signal improved in some areas. We have a couple large buildings to our east. I'm sure the amount of people in the area utilizing that tower is slowing things down. Hopefully things get better with time. DH gets very frustrated with not being able to access this forum! Thanks for all the input.
Sheila