Air compressor discussion

GWRam

Has anyone with the Viair 450p used it to power air tools? Air wrench, nailer in addition to pressuring high psi tires?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The small Viair compressors do not have regulators, so if you did hook a tool to it, you would be running at 150 psi. Too high for an air nailer. And with no tank, it would be running constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Has anyone with the Viair 450p used it to power air tools? Air wrench, nailer in addition to pressuring high psi tires?

You need a "volume" tank. There is only one 12 volt compressor I know that can run an air tool with no tank, but it still is suggested to have the storage. And it is pricey, $1500

GWRam

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll have to weigh that back and forth. Nice compact 12v inflator always in camper like 450p and just bring out pancake compressor from my workshop when need for repairs or remodels. I just rearranged and cleaned out my basement and don't really want any more weight in basement or lose any more space than needed. My pancake is pretty heavy. A lot heavier than the 12lbs viair 450p. And any compressor for part time use at $1500 is a little steep even it will do everything.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That's how I do it. I bring the air nailer compressor along if I'm planning something that needs it. It does get used at the storage yard, running off my Honda 2k genny (which I don't carry in the rig, either).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk