AC/DC Voltage Monitor

adam

Good Afternoon,

I have a new Landmark Key Largo and would like to see what other members have installed to monitor DC battery and AC voltage inside your units? I have a TRC 50 amp pedestal surge protector that gives me L1 and L2 power and amp display but its outside and I would like a display inside to watch over my batteries at rest and park AC power. I use 4 - Trojan 1275 deep cycle batteries.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Adam Hunter

Cjackg

I use this simple Voltmeter wired directly into the 12v Fuse Panel...
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=30478&d=1404267970

adam

Yes, just the small Magnum inverter that Heartland includes with the residential fridge option it is a pure sine 1000W. It would not be compatible with a Magnum voltage display to the best of my knowledge.

Adam

wdk450

I use the display from the Progressive Industries EMS HW50C to monitor (and protect) my AC power. It comes in real handy when running on a 30 amp park supply to keep too many consumed amps from blowing the park pedestal breaker.

For the 12 volt side, I found some really cheap 12 volt DC DVM modules on E-Bay. I wired one to the "Test" switch on my tank/systems monitor, so it comes on when I press the switch. The other is by my slides pump, the ground side permanently connected, and I just touch the positive wire to the positive pump wiring connection if I want to check voltage there.
Here is a link to the meter - they have gone up in price - I used to get 2 of them for what they charge now - $3.29:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-3-3-17V-...300?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c828a4f04

Jim.Allison

Check to see if Magnum offers a remote digital interface that can provide the information you want.

The bogart will monitor data concerning batteries and charging. But nothing on AC.

I think you might be able to put a second remote on your EMS. You would need to check with the manufacturer on that one. Also you could very easily do what someone else said and that is hardwire a volt meter so that you can monitor from the inside. You wuld have to make it safe though.

But if you are going solar, you will be stepping up in charger/inverter and solar. All that can be put into some very compact and useful digital displays.

Yes, just the small Magnum inverter that Heartland includes with the residential fridge option it is a pure sine 1000W. It would not be compatible with a Magnum voltage display to the best of my knowledge.

Adam