Extended Warranty

Redrider007

Are they worth it? What should I expect to pay? I've been told to cu the price in half. Looking into a 2015 BH 3010RE

porthole

Retired
Cut the price in half, divide by two, then offer 1/3 of that.

But it may still be over priced for the value.

Jim.Allison

I bought one, but I'm going to ask for the refund. Since I got behind the basement wall and found out there are no ghost, and I found out that internet prices on appliances are reasonable. I think I will risk the off chance of an appliance failure that I would be probably not be able to collect on anyway.

GOTTOYS

Most of these outfits you never heard of before. Huge profit item for the dealer. Look at the fine print and you will see they don't cover much if anything. Read the paperwork don't take the salespersons word for it. If you MUST have one wait until your factory warranty runs out, then look no further than Good Sam. If I bought any this would be the only one to consider....Don

Jim.Allison

I understand that these are refundable up until the year that they become responsible. Doe anyone know if that is a fact?

GOTTOYS

I understand that these are refundable up until the year that they become responsible. Doe anyone know if that is a fact?
Don't know if that is true. I would think every State may have some different laws regarding this. They are not really warranties but insurance policies and my be governed by your States insurance regulations. If there is any way to weasel out of paying it would be my guess that they will...Good luck, Don

danemayer

Check the contract to see what it says about cancellation. Good Sam Extended Service policies say:
Cancellation: This Coverage applies only to You and the unit described in the Evidence of Insurance. In the event of cancellation of this Coverage within 30 days of the purchase of the Coverage, We agree to refund the full purchase price to You, less any claims paid or approved. If this Coverage is canceled beyond 30 days from the date of purchase of the Coverage, We will calculate and make a pro rata refund based on time, less an administrative fee of $50.00.

Requests for cancellations may be received by phone or in writing.

We may cancel this Coverage for: 1) Non-payment of the premium or. 2) Intentional
misrepresentation or fraud in obtaining this Coverage or in the submission of a claim.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would not buy any warranty from a dealer...period. Most appliances in your BH have over a 1 year warranty anyway. The tires are warrantied by the tire manufacturer. Wait until after the 1 year HL warranty and look at Good Sam. I would however get a Good Sam "roadside assistance" plan. Reason, some insurance companies will not tow both vehicles if your TV breaks down....Good Sam will. I would call your insurance company and find out. AAA and Allstate wont.

SeattleLion

We have a plan and it has a $100 deductable and based on the contract, it appears to cover everything I worry about. We have the AAA RV premium plan for roadside service. It covers RV towing as well as our vehicles. The price isn't bad.

texasron

We have Coach-Net Premier plan $139.00 It covers unlimited miles $75.00 per claim. And will tow you to your desired location. Great Company to do business with.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Just a point of interest. Good Sams roadside is under $100 per years...at least ours is.

Bob, maybe AAA has changed their policy. We have AAA as a backup plan....but they told us at the time...they would not tow both vehicle if we needed it.