LM365 - Induction Cooktop

jbeletti

For those wondering exactly what Heartland is using for the standard Induction Cooktop in all LM365 floor plans, I have information for you.

We're using the True Induction model S2F3. Here's a link to the product website.

Note that while the Induction Cooktop is a standard item in LM365, you may option a gas range in place of the Induction Cooktop.

Here's a picture I took today:
2015 Ashland Prototype - Kitchen - Induction Cooktop.jpg

Some specifications:
Power1800 Watts
Voltage120v / 60 Hz
Temperature Range150°F - 450°F (exact temp. settings)
Level SelectionSelecting settings 1 through 10
Max TimeSet timer up to 150 minutes
MaterialGlass Ceramic top
Unit MeasurementBase measurement: 23.5" width x 15" length x 3" height. Glass top measurement: 24 3/8" x 14 15/16"

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Jim,

One question -- for those of us who prefer the gas range top, will we still be able to get a gas oven or will that no longer be an option??

Garypowell

Jim. You may recall we put this True Induction unit in our 2008 3010 after I removed the stove and burners. It has worked flawlessly ever since. Can't speak to their customer service because we have never needed it.

The only complaint you will get is that the total cooking power you are able to get is a total of 10. 2 on one 8 on the other or 3 and 7 for example. As you move one past this limit of a total of 10 the other burner drops its value.

In ours there was a "flaw" in that if you ran one with the 1 - 10 range and the other on temperature you could put them both on max heat. Not sure if they have fixed that or not.

But folks will love this cooktop.

T

TomMontague

Jim,

One question -- for those of us who prefer the gas range top, will we still be able to get a gas oven or will that no longer be an option??

Yes - the option for regular gas cooktop and oven is still available. If ordering you might want to also upgrade the propane tanks from 30# to 40# since you will need additional propane.

porthole

Retired
Yes - the option for regular gas cooktop and oven is still available. If ordering you might want to also upgrade the propane tanks from 30# to 40# since you will need additional propane.

The Landmarks have downgraded the standard propane tanks to 30 #'s ?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
LP cooktop/oven doesn't use all that much fuel. We have spent over 100 days in our BH using 12v & propane to cook , make hot water , & run the furnace while using shore power or dry camping. In that time (we keep a log) have only filled a 30# tank 7 times several of which the tank wasn't completely empty. Unless your wintering over and running the furnace constantly, 30's are more than adequate.

T

TomMontague

Good to know - sounds like we made the right decision making 30# standard on the all new LM365's. Of course - anyone needing or wanting the 40# tanks are optional or can be added at any time. Have a great weekend.

porthole

Retired
So I am confused - a new program towards making the flagship Landmark a "365" living trailer is going to be equipped with tanks that are 25% smaller then was was standard?

I don't really fill my current 30 pound tanks that often, but, if the 40's were standard in the Cyclone I would have enjoyed not filling the tanks 25% less frequently.

How many cubic feet larger is the Newport?

travelin2

Good to know - sounds like we made the right decision making 30# standard on the all new LM365's. Of course - anyone needing or wanting the 40# tanks are optional or can be added at any time. Have a great weekend.

Oh I didn't say it was the right decision , I said the cooktop conversation just doesn't use that much LP to warrant 40# LP tanks. Other factors also enter in to the equation. If we were snowbirds or going to ski country in the winter where heating was the priority , I'd want the 40's and maybe even carry a spare.

T

TomMontague

Remember - bigger doesn't always mean better. We are trying to build a better coach - a more energy efficient coach. The exterior paint, to the option for a 3rd 15000 btu a/c, the EMS system, whole coach surge protection, to the induction cook top and residential refer. Standards and options that decrease the need for propane and make it easier to just hook-up, plug in and live. Retirement should be easy - filling heavy bottles and towing them around shouldn't be the norm. We are trying to build a coach that doesn't need as much propane - in fact it would be awesome to have a complete 110v coach. Actor Robert Dinero has one and it operates no different from his home. Pretty nice. Have no worries however - 40# bottles are always available to people who want them.

Have a great weekend.

travelin2

"Standards and options that decrease the need for propane and make it easier to just hook-up, plug in and live."

Tom , I totally understand your thought process as I see those sentiments echoed here on the forum. My comment was directed to the post that if one chooses LP over induction cooking the need to have higher LP capacity. IMO if that's the only discussion , 30's are big enough. Depending on where one spends the winter months is a factor in determining LP requirements. In my coach the furnace is the energy hog in terms of LP usage not the gas cooktop and oven.

T

TomMontague

I understand completely - and you are exactly right. Our challenge is trying to build a coach that meets the majority of the needs out there at a price point that people will pay. We are working hard and appreciate your input.

Look at the differences in responses to just this thread - it's hard to try and please everyone. At the end of the day the more we communicate and research what's new and how people actually use our coach in the field the better we will do at our job moving forward. We care and we want to be the best. Hopefully as we move forward more and more people will see that... :)

sgtbigb

Tom, very interested in the LM365. When will it be available and how more it will cost over current units?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Tom, very interested in the LM365. When will it be available and how more it will cost over current units?

McGeorges Rolling Hills in Ashland, VA has a Newport in stock. Be sure you are sitting down when you see the MSRP.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I understand completely - and you are exactly right. Our challenge is trying to build a coach that meets the majority of the needs out there at a price point that people will pay. We are working hard and appreciate your input.

Look at the differences in responses to just this thread - it's hard to try and please everyone. At the end of the day the more we communicate and research what's new and how people actually use our coach in the field the better we will do at our job moving forward. We care and we want to be the best. Hopefully as we move forward more and more people will see that... :)

Tom, I agree with your assessment however I disagree with the decision to downsize the propane capacity. Especially for those of us who like to dry camp and use our propane generators. It just means I'll have to upgrade to 40# tanks next time we look at a new Landmark. The biggest problem I see is the fact that the cost of a new LM365 is fast approaching the "out of my limit" financial consideration when I have to "add" all these upgrades.

T

TomMontague

I understand what you are saying and I can't argue but keep in mine In the past you had to option for gen prep - you had to option the hitch package just to get surge protection. Today gen prep is standard on all coaches along with surge protection. 30# tanks help decrease the base cost just a little bit and if someone wants the 40# tanks you can upgrade for a minimal charge. We are really trying to keep the new LM365 close to the price of the past Landmarks. Obviously the price is a bit higher but if you compare apples to apples - not base prices because you can't compare because of all the things that are standard today that weren't even offered on the older Landmarks. Fully loaded - apples to apples we aren't much more money than where we were. Thanks for the open and honest dialog. Talk soon.