ATF: Landmark - Where do you attach the Trav'ler satellite on the roof for a pre-wired new Landmark

meagle

I am going to have the trav'ler satellite installed on my 2014 pre-wired Landmark fifth wheel. Since the cables and wires are pre-installed where does the satellite dish attach on the roof? Also, I want to use a dual HD receiver from my home as I did with my previous RV. Any issues with the Landmark with being able to view more that one channel on different TV's?

SeattleLion

We have the Trav'ler. The coach is prewired with one RG6 to the bedroom and one to the living room (attach jumpers in UDC). The Trav'ler uses a SWM setup. Be sure your receivers are current enough to work with SWM. SWM means one cable to each receiver, not two. The Trav'ler can support up to four receivers. We have two. Dish mounting is simple enough. Your dealer will find a good spot. We got ours as far forward as we could.

meagle

We have the Trav'ler. The coach is prewired with one RG6 to the bedroom and one to the living room (attach jumpers in UDC). The Trav'ler uses a SWM setup. Be sure your receivers are current enough to work with SWM. SWM means one cable to each receiver, not two. The Trav'ler can support up to four receivers. We have two. Dish mounting is simple enough. Your dealer will find a good spot. We got ours as far forward as we could.

Thank you for the information. I did not know if the satellite dish had to be mounted in a specific area on the roof to have access to the cables.

SeattleLion

Thank you for the information. I did not know if the satellite dish had to be mounted in a specific area on the roof to have access to the cables.

The cables come out on ours over the bedroom (closer to the bathroom). You can easily run the roof cable anywhere you want. Our dish is only a foot or two away from where they are in the roof.

jbeletti

The satellite prewire (coax and data cable) are near the center of the coach roof (side to side). You can identify the location by finding a white blank wall plate near the center of the bedroom ceiling. Pull the plate off to reveal the cables.

Terry H just installed a Trav'ler on his new coach. He carefully read the instructions and noted that a clear radius of x inches needs to exist around the dish turret. Based on the radius required, he elected to mount his dish ahead of the front AC unit. He told me the data cable was long enough to reach his dish.

On my current coach and the 2 prior to it, my Trav'ler dish is mounted behind the front AC unit. Behind the AC unit leaves the Trav'ler a bit more protected from tree limbs and such. But it may not fully meet the clear radius requirement of the dish, though I've had no interference issues with mine.

Bobemuzzy

I am going to have the trav'ler satellite installed on my 2014 pre-wired Landmark fifth wheel. Since the cables and wires are pre-installed where does the satellite dish attach on the roof? Also, I want to use a dual HD receiver from my home as I did with my previous RV. Any issues with the Landmark with being able to view more that one channel on different TV's?
meagle
There is a ceiling joist drawing in this thread that shows where the roof is supported for a satellite dish for the Savannah.

Last edited by a moderator:

shelsay

Since the Landmark line is now undergoing a revamp, why not an option for factory installed Trav'ler?