AmeriGo RV Club

olcoon

I got an email from an outfit called AmeriGo RV Club today. I don't recall joining it, and DW says she didn't, but according to the email we are already members! I sent an email to them inquiring what is going on, but they won't be open until Tuesday, I'm sure. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone has heard of them, and knows about them. Here is their website, from their website it doesn't sound too bad, especially if it's free, but I'm kind of skeptical.

danemayer

I also got the email. Showed up in the Junk Mail Folder. I'm trying to remember the name of the RV Social Networking site that a lot of us joined earlier this year. I'm wondering if this is the same outfit with a different name.

jbeletti

I got the same email... "Jim and Nancy, Your AmeriGO RV Club Digital Member Card is here!"

Here's a link to more info as to who they are and what their plan is.

Here's more on their President (formerly with Affinity/Goodsam etc.)

Here's all news for Amerigo on RVBusiness. Looks like Sue Bray left Goodsam for Amerigo too.

Curious as to where they got their initial mailing list. Maybe the Camping World database? :)

olcoon

My email had that in the subject line Jim, but I'm sure we all got the same email with different names. I'm not so sure about it coming from Camping World, or Good Sam's database, as with anything "official" I use my real name Ernest, in Good Sam & Camping World's case, so the name will match with the credit card. Not many things are under Roy, which is my nick name, also I'm not sure CW or GS have Sally's name. I've always been suspicious of unsolicited things like this, and even more so in today's world. Guess it's just the cop in me. Now my curiosity is really up as to where this is coming from. From what Jim has put in his response, I'm kind of feeling that this is a real organization, and not some type of scam. Or at least if it is they are really going all out! I'll keep everyone posted on if they reply to my email. If they don't I'm going to call them.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
I also received an email. I know I didn't join. They must have purchased a 'list' to get started. Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

olcoon

Well, the mystery has been solved. I got a reply from my email this morning from AmeriGo. Apparently when we went to the MO rally in Branson last Oct. on the registration paperwork there was something on there about receiving 3rd party emails. Naturally we didn't see it when registering, so we got the email. Apparently ABC Campground is a "partner" of AmeriGo Camping Club. So I can only assume that anyone who has camped at ABC Campground also got a free membership to AmeriGo, unless they saw the fine print & opted out of the 3rd party emails. Now I'm wondering how many other campgrounds have this on their paperwork!