compare wifi components---wifi ranger-Jefa-Hawking and Techno

danemayer

I get all that Dan. But in the last park we were in (Bath Rally), by the time Monday night rolled around I would estimate that less then 10% of all the sites had trailers on them. And of that 10% maybe half had people on site.

I'm still trying to come up with the best solution for us.
Campground or cable wifi where available (we are cablevision subscribers) AND sufficient and supplemented by OTA, using our existing verzion account.

I'm ok with limiting bandwidth hogs with regards to netflix or hulu etc. I just want to be able to open an email and then an embedded internet link within a reasonable amount of time.
Duane,

There are lots of other contributing factors. You can have an excellent signal and get stepped on by other WiFi/MiFi devices on the same channel assignment. I did some speed testing near one of our access points and got results of 600Kb/sec, which is pretty slow. Then using InSSIDer3 software, I saw that there were multiple devices using that channel assignment (1 - 11). I changed to another channel that had less stuff on it and speed went to 3 Mb/sec.

I've noticed sometimes that performance can drop off to nothing after a particular rig arrives, and clears up when they leave. I suspect they're running equipment that steps on everyone else's signal, but I haven't gotten to the bottom of it. Next time it happens, I'll be scanning to see if I can figure it out.

All that to say that you might want to try changing the channel assignment in your Network Device or Router properties.

Bohemian

I honestly see no difference in your Yagi and my antenna/booster.

It's not MY yagi. It's a yagi. Yagi is directional and needs to be aimed. It provides a stronger received signal and a stronger broadcast signal in it's aimed direction. If you are already getting a strong connection it does nothing. It simply operates better over longer paths with stronger signals. Otherwise, no difference.