Good quality fresh water hose?

Jimnkarens

Has anyone had first hand experience with a really good quality fresh water hose that doesnt kink or get so stiff that you cannot coil it? I dont mind paying a higher cost for a really good hose. I have bought and replaced so many that I could have bought one really high quality one. Wish some company made a really good self-coiling hose.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have paid as much as $60 for "kink free" hoses and they still kink.

I'm assuming you mean a hose for your rig? I would just get a good drinking water quality white hose from Walmart, Camping World, or an RV supply house and replace as needed.

We used one of these for over three years of fulltiming, with no problems. Look HERE.

IMHO, most coiled hoses I have seen are small diameter and will restrict flow.

(Don't know how we survived all those years drinking from plain garden hoses) Trace

GWRam

Camco has a blue colored drinking hose 10' 25' 35' and 50' lengths. Walmart carries the 35'

Westwind

Bought the Blue and now I use it to wash the trailer and truck. I kinked and kinked so I went back to the white Camco, I usually look for connections that are easy for hands that don't work the way they did at 40 (I used to say 20). Because we use water filters, water softener I have custom cut some short lengths of hose and added fittings to make it
easier to use. I then connect them to a long hose for water supply and coil it under the trailer. I do need to get a good water pressure gauge.

ncrzrbk

I bought one from camping world. Don't remember the brand but looks like a firehouse. It never kinks and is expandable like a fire hose. Works great!! I actually purchased two of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MTPockets

Camco has a blue colored drinking hose 10' 25' 35' and 50' lengths. Walmart carries the 35'
I have one if these. It's stiff and it does kink. Mine has two places where it kinked, and now it kinks in those same two spots every time I get it out. I only use it now for a spare and if I need longer run to wash the truck or trailer.

GWRam

I have one if these. It's stiff and it does kink. Mine has two places where it kinked, and now it kinks in those same two spots every time I get it out. I only use it now for a spare and if I need longer run to wash the truck or trailer.

We have been using ours about 7 months so far with no problems, but I will watch out for kinking issues, good so far.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's not all about the hose. Keep in mind the fittings.
I have been using hoses from RV Water Filter Store for six years and have not had a bit of a problem.
I say hoses because I have a couple of different lengths.

Peace
Dave

Wharton

I highly recommend the Rvwaterfilterstore.com for all water related items. He know his stuff and is very helpful. Filters, hoses, pressure gauges etc. Talk to him.