EZ Pass (toll) Charges

HOOKERUP

I never thought it was true but I am mistaken..EZ pass charged more for my return trip back to NJ than where I was going to.I guess Pa. wants NJ people to stay in NJ.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: EZ Pass charge

Probably the fee set by the state you are entering.

If a vehicle is registered in California, the state is going to try to charge yearly registration fees, based on the number of miles you have driven between registration dates. Even if 95% of the miles are driven in another state! So, nothing would surprise me.

It remains to be seen exactly how this will work. Trace

pegmikef

A little off the subject, but refers to toll roads. I just learned that if you have Texas DV plates TXDot owned toll roads are free in Texas. (Note, I haven't tried it yet)

MCTalley

A little off the subject, but refers to toll roads. I just learned that if you have Texas DV plates TXDot owned toll roads are free in Texas. (Note, I haven't tried it yet)

At least on the TxDOT roads in the Austin area (Loop 1, SH 130 and SH 45) (website). They advise to check with other Texas toll authorities to check their particular rules.

Edited to add trivia: I worked on a lot of the software that detects vehicles and processes the transactions through those toll roads.

wdk450

Probably the fee set by the state you are entering.

If a vehicle is registered in California, the state is going to try to charge yearly registration fees, based on the number of miles you have driven between registration dates. Even if 95% of the miles are driven in another state! So, nothing would surprise me.

It remains to be seen exactly how this will work. Trace

Trace:
I wonder if California is going to sock it to us for the multi-axle fees like they currently do on the bridges and toll roads. A car over the San Rafael bridge is something like $5 - my rig is $20. I try to plan to stay off of toll roads and only cross toll bridges in the free direction, if I possibly can.