Highest quality toy hauler.?.?.?.?

300winmag

Hey guys,

Been keeping an eye on the road warriors and cyclones for 2 years now (waiting for the right floorplan) but we are becoming more and more concerned about the lack of quality control from the factory.... to the point of us looking else where.
There is a huge list of head shaking things we have seen and more people are starting to speak up here and on other forums.
The nightmares I'm reading about are insane but one thing remains.... I still dont know where to get a better quality toy hauler that looks as nice.

My phone is about to die so can you all let me know what you think is a better option. Price range is up to 120K. Thanks

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hey guys,

Been keeping an eye on the road warriors and cyclones for 2 years now (waiting for the right floorplan) but we are becoming more and more concerned about the lack of quality control from the factory.... to the point of us looking else where.
There is a huge list of head shaking things we have seen and more people are starting to speak up here and on other forums.
The nightmares I'm reading about are insane but one thing remains.... I still dont know where to get a better quality toy hauler that looks as nice.

My phone is about to die so can you all let me know what you think is a better option. Price range is up to 120K. Thanks

You will always see the problems more than the good on the various forums. The real key to avoiding a lot of problems later is a VERY detailed Pre-delivery inspection with the dealer, followed by periodic preventative maintenance. Other must dos: Never hook up to water without an inline water pressure regulator, get a good Electrical Management System (such as the Progressive Industries 50 Amp), recaulk seams every year (roof and windows). Almost all RVs will have some issue come up after a few trips down our wonderfully maintained hiways. Catch them early and learn to do minor stuff yourself to head off the major problems.

TXTiger

More people complain than praise on forums, that's just human nature. All brands have some problems. Do a detailed PDI before you sign and accept your toy hauler. I have been very lucky that my Cyclone had very few problems or issues. If you don't need a big garage and only haul one motorcycle there are some new side haulers that look interesting you may want to look at. Send me a pm and I'll give you my cell # if you want to discuss the pro and cons of various toy haulers and side haulers.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
When I tore my roof a few years ago, I was told by a seasoned insurance company estimator that in his opinion, there is very little difference in actual quality of most RV's under $500K. Just more bells and whistles. The point being, that most are going to have problems.

Like Tony said, very few folks will come to a forum to tell of their great experiences with a product. Most come looking for answers when they encounter a problem. Trace

300winmag

Thanks for the replies but I'm not only talking about what I've read on forums. Sure there is a big increase in complaints because Heartland is trying to put more tech in which means more to break but they are also starting to sacrifice quality for looks just like voltage does... and we all know what heartland owners think of voltage LoL. Heartland is considered to be one of the better quality units from what Ive read in the past years and I can say first hand after 2 years of OCDing on every RV shop in Alberta that they are a better quality unit then most.

But.... and a big but...
I have seen first hand how their quality has gone down, I could go on for 5 minutes about the strangest things that should have been easily caught in QC but were left alone and shipped.(expecting the dealers to deal with it?) And how its getting worse and worse.
I am starting to think with the new tech the people that install couches, fridges, water lines, power lines and the like have less time because the shop needs more time to install the new stuff.
Which is why I am looking for the most reliable brand.. But like Trace said, if it's all the same under 500K I'm hooped.

What about the Tesla by Evergreen? Anybody heard anything good or bad?
Thanks for all your replies and thanks to the mod who moved the thread to the proper spot :)

chiefneon

Howdy!

I would say take a look at DRV Fullhouse. We fulltime and like our Cyclone 4000 but the one thing that keeps coming up for us is storage space. I've seen picture of the DRV Fullhouse but have not seen one up close and personal. DRV make a good unit and would have loved to seen one this time last year before we purchased our unit.

http://www.drvfullhouse.com/

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

branson4020

Icantre Member
Howdy!

I would say take a look at DRV Fullhouse. We fulltime and like our Cyclone 4000 but the one thing that keeps coming up for us is storage space. I've seen picture of the DRV Fullhouse but have not seen one up close and personal. DRV make a good unit and would have loved to seen one this time last year before we purchased our unit.

http://www.drvfullhouse.com/

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Oh sure, easy for YOU to recommend a 23,000lb gvwr trailer.:D

whp4262

I agree with boatto5er's post #2. Also any time you have many people putting something together on an assembly line like an RV and even airplanes you are going to have problems. Many times a production problem can be traced back to a new employee more often than a design problem. When I was test flying and people asked me what kind of things I did I would tell them I mostly try to keep the people on the assembly line from killing me or the customer. I've read many posts on this forum and a couple others as well. I think some are owner induced, some are made out to be bigger than they probably are and a small number stem more from buyer's remorse when the reality of the commitment actually hits them rather then the problems with the item they purchased. How well you like the unit makes a difference as well. When I had my motor home every little problem I had to fix would get me twisted up and with the Cyclone not so much. So what's the difference? I like the 5th wheel better. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westwind

We can all give you our opinion and that's just what it is "Our Opinion", you need to do the research and form your opinion on what you think is important, like a house frame and running gear is where to start and go from there. What's important to you is what should be the deciding factors. Remember in the World of RV's $$$$ don't make the difference in my opinion.

I've seen high end motor home owner's pulling their hair out.

TXTiger

Another thing to remember is that all manufacturers use the same components. No matter what brand you purchase you most likely will have a Norco or Dometric fridge, Atwood or Suburban hot water heater etc. so the difference is the build quality and most especially the customer service after the sale. A lot will also depend on the quality of the dealer who is your first line of contact regarding customer service so do shop around.

OEFVET

I am new to the Heartland family. Since I've joined the forum I am very impressed with the posts. This stream is a great example of it. Although everyone has an opinion, no one is trying to push theirs as the "only one that matters" Thanks for all the great comments!