CY4200 Installing a dishwasher below the oven

Eno-Onmai

Hi All

I wanted a dishwasher and this one is supposed to be pretty good, using only two gallons of water. Fisher Paykel DD24SCX7 DishDrawer 24" Stainless

Hope this helps and maybe Heartland will see it and consider offering this as an option. See the pics with notes. When I removed the drawer and drawer slides under the oven, I did so very carefully. The cabinet frame front joints have screws accessible from the inside. There are staples and nails used as well, but with a pry bar and a little patience you can actually remove everything in your way. I removed two pine supports to the plywood shelf, under the oven, but left in place the one in the back, as it was not in my way, along with the plywood itself. I used the wood I scavenged during this process to form a long block to locate in the back of the opening for the rear of the dishwasher to rest upon. There was some romex curled up in the back that needed to be tied to the left side wall and the gas feed to the stove may need a push backward to make room for the dishwasher.

The obstacle you will need to deal with, if your unit is like mine, is a drain line running along the floor, left to right from the kitchen sink, and at the front of your opening. Remove any wood that will prevent this pipe from resting upon the floor. It is likely that, it will move downward, but maybe not as far as you would like. Time for the heat gun from Harbor freight. Careful, it gets hot fast. On my install, I need to flatten the Plastic pipe about 3/8" for 6 or 8 inches on the right side to get the clearance I wanted, so that the dishwasher would slide over the pipe. I ran water through the pipe to confirm that this procedure did not cause any leaks.

Check out the pics, spend a day, and a little money, so you can enjoy a campfire and a scotch, instead of washing dishes.

Looks like I cant post any pics as a matter of policy. If the moderator will kindly, email me, I will send the pics and the moderator can post them.

jimtoo

Hi Eno-Onmai,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sounds like you did a good job and as soon as you answer this you will be able to post the pictures yourself and add any comments.

Thanks

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
i have never understood the need for a dishwasher in an RV. For a couple of reasons. 1. The extra weight 2. It takes away from valuable storage space. 3. You have to prewash dishes to remove food particles from the dishes so the food particles do not get into the gray tank. Keep in mind the gray tank is not for food particles as it could cause issues with the tank (odors, stoppages etc) 4. Extra electrical load. 5. Extra water usage
JHMO

AAdams

I believe that is the same one a friend of ours installed in their non-Heartland 5th wheel. I do know it was a Fisher-Paykel. They love it, says it is quiet unit and works well. Unfortunately the way our Road Warrior 390 is there is so limited amount of space in the kitchen there is no way I could put a dishwasher in.

Eno-Onmai

Hi All,

Here are my pics. I now have permissions to post, so Im dangerous. . . .

Hi All

I wanted a dishwasher and this one is supposed to be pretty good, using only two gallons of water. Fisher Paykel DD24SCX7 DishDrawer 24" Stainless

Hope this helps and maybe Heartland will see it and consider offering this as an option. See the pics with notes. When I removed the drawer and drawer slides under the oven, I did so very carefully. The cabinet frame front joints have screws accessible from the inside. There are staples and nails used as well, but with a pry bar and a little patience you can actually remove everything in your way. I removed two pine supports to the plywood shelf, under the oven, but left in place the one in the back, as it was not in my way, along with the plywood itself. I used the wood I scavenged during this process to form a long block to locate in the back of the opening for the rear of the dishwasher to rest upon. There was some romex curled up in the back that needed to be tied to the left side wall and the gas feed to the stove may need a push backward to make room for the dishwasher.

The obstacle you will need to deal with, if your unit is like mine, is a drain line running along the floor, left to right from the kitchen sink, and at the front of your opening. Remove any wood that will prevent this pipe from resting upon the floor. It is likely that, it will move downward, but maybe not as far as you would like. Time for the heat gun from Harbor freight. Careful, it gets hot fast. On my install, I need to flatten the Plastic pipe about 3/8" for 6 or 8 inches on the right side to get the clearance I wanted, so that the dishwasher would slide over the pipe. I ran water through the pipe to confirm that this procedure did not cause any leaks.

Check out the pics, spend a day, and a little money, so you can enjoy a campfire and a scotch, instead of washing dishes.

Looks like I cant post any pics as a matter of policy. If the moderator will kindly, email me, I will send the pics and the moderator can post them.

Attachments

• CycloneDish1.jpg
    CycloneDish1.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 259
  • CycloneDish2.jpg
    CycloneDish2.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 214
  • CycloneDish3.jpg
    CycloneDish3.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 213

Retyred

PICT0020.jpg
We have a 2006 Grand Canyon the dishwasher was an option. I do not think there are any negatives as others have suggested about to these machines. We use it every day, and it does a great job, only the odd large pan has to be hand washed. We do not miss the oven at all, we rarely used when we had one in other RV'S. It is to bad that Hartland does not use these on their new 360. Martin

Last edited:

danemayer

We have a 2006 Grand Canyon the dishwasher was an option. I do not think there are any negatives as others have suggested about to these machines. We use it every day, and it does a great job, only the odd large pan has to be hand washed. We do not miss the oven at all, we rarely used when we had one in other RV'S. It is to bad that Hartland does not use these on their new 360. Martin

The Landmark 365 page on the Heartland website does show an optional dishwasher.

BLHFUN

Love, love, love this idea. Thanks for sharing and posting the pics. This is my new winter project!

porthole

Retired
i have never understood the need for a dishwasher in an RV. For a couple of reasons. 1. The extra weight 2. It takes away from valuable storage space. 3. You have to prewash dishes to remove food particles from the dishes so the food particles do not get into the gray tank. Keep in mind the gray tank is not for food particles as it could cause issues with the tank (odors, stoppages etc) 4. Extra electrical load. 5. Extra water usage
JHMO

Dishwashers are like washers and dryers, level up and dual pane windows.

Those that don't have them seem to be in the camp of not useful, a waste of money., excessive extra weight etc.

Those that do have these luxuries love them.

We have 3 of the 4, and are very pleased with the decisions.

The next trailer will have 4 for 4 of these options.

Chocolate and vanilla (vanilla being the better flavor).

As for pre washing to prevent food particles from going from the dishwasher to the grey tank - doesn't washing or pre washing in the sink put food particles in the tank?

When we wash dishes now in our way to tiny sink, as much as possible gets wiped off into the garbage can first. It would be no different if using a dishwasher.

Remember it was not to long ago people scoffed at the idea of a fireplace in a camper.
Our next one will have that as well.

We, too, will have a dishwasher in our fulltime rig. Even if we only use it when we have full hookups (which should be 75% of the time) it will be worth it. As for storage, you can get some back by using the dishwasher to store some stuff during travel, such as soap dispensers and other junk that you put out on the counter when parked.

All the other manufacturers use the Fisher Paykel, including high-end motorhomes and fifth wheels. They are only about $700 bucks. I'm not sure why LM chooses the non-drawer style, and I don't see the advantage of the type they install. Seems more likely to leak around the door seal to me. But if we get a LM, it will have one installed.

Roy

jbeletti

All the other manufacturers use the Fisher Paykel, including high-end motorhomes and fifth wheels. They are only about $700 bucks. I'm not sure why LM chooses the non-drawer style, and I don't see the advantage of the type they install. Seems more likely to leak around the door seal to me. But if we get a LM, it will have one installed.
Roy

In the LM 365 floorplans, the dishwasher option is "under-the-sink" and the sink is in the free-standing island in the center of the coach. I am told the depth requirement for the Fisher & Paykel is more than we can create in a center island with opposing slides. LM is not a wide-body coach (like a Cyclone or a DRV). This is why the Furrion brand is used. I've now had both the F&P and the Furrion and while the Furrion is no F&P, it's adequate for Nancy and I.

John287

How has this worked out for you so far?. We are thinking about going to an induction cooktop and add the dishwasher in place of the stove(we have not used it in almost two years now). It looks like a pretty straight forward install.

Hi Everyone! We finally have a contract on our home. It is contingent on our buyer selling hers. If all works out we plan on ordering the 4200 to full-time in. I love your drawer dishwasher Eno-Onmai!! Has anyone installed one of these in the cabinet where the small fridge is? I would also like to have a micro-convection oven as opposed to just microwave. Can these upgrades be included when ordering a unit?

Garypowell

Those who are interested might look at this thread for my adding of an Induction Cook top..... //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...uction-Cooktop-in-3010RE?highlight=dishwasher

Or this one on adding a dish washwer..... //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...asher-in-Kitchen-cabinet?highlight=dishwasher

The dishwasher was first about 2.5 years ago and the induction cook top about 2 years ago. Both continue to work well and I can't tell you which we enjoy more. The dish washer water supply line did develop a leak but I had put a large plastic tub below all of the connections so it did not damage. I had used a plastic fitting and switched to brass and it solved the problem.

There have been no tank problems to report.