water comming from what looks like a overflow never stops

texasron

Noticed when hooking up to city water after move, pouring out of a looks like a over flow located on the door side in the rear of my 2012 Bighorn 3685.
Thanks

texasron

just checked , for some reason It just started I have my valve set for CITY hook up city water hooked up but for some reason it is filling my fresh water. Any solutions?????

sjandbj

You might want to look at this post. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...Filling-Itself-oops!?highlight=anderson+valve
Jim had the same problem and replaced the anderson valve.

Regards,
Steve

danemayer

Hi texasron,

It could be the 4-way Anderson Valve allowing water to leak between CITY and TANK settings, or it could be the internal check valve in the water pump. There's another thread on this today that is believed to have been fixed by changing the Anderson Valve.

If you want to take a look at the 4-way Anderson Valve, there's a service manual located here. At least one owner had a problem with a damaged o-ring. Another had a small piece of rock stuck in the inlet.

texasron

Thank you, I just went out and rotated the valve to all positions, thinking this might fix the problem as I basically have never switched before. Rechecking now, hopefully the valve had some trash in it
Thanks

etcmss

hope your selector valve cycling fixed it. I had a similar problem on first use after winterizing. Used the valve in the winterize position, put trailer to bed. On next use we were on our way to Florida, first stop....hooked up to city water and none got inside, valve was set to city, after cycling the valve 180 degrees it now works for city water in but points to the wrong source (directly down and not labeled). Probably will get new valve now that I read Jim's post.
Gary.

TedS

If this looks like your Anderson valve, City setting is pointing down.

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 39

jbeletti

hope your selector valve cycling fixed it. I had a similar problem on first use after winterizing. Used the valve in the winterize position, put trailer to bed. On next use we were on our way to Florida, first stop....hooked up to city water and none got inside, valve was set to city, after cycling the valve 180 degrees it now works for city water in but points to the wrong source (directly down and not labeled). Probably will get new valve now that I read Jim's post.
Gary.

Gary - as Anderson labels the valve in the mold, I'm wondering is Heartland reversed 2 lines in the back? I'd start there before I replaced the valve.

etcmss

went back out and looked at positions and my selector valve and it is OK----didn't read it right. Thanks for the assist.

donr827

went back out and looked at positions and my selector valve and it is OK----didn't read it right. Thanks for the assist.
After I had the same problem I took a black permanent marker and labled so my antique brain would not make the mistake again.
Don

jbeletti

Ron - the fix on mine was replacement of the Anderson valve. May have been going bad internally cause water to leak from City to Tank.

Likely unrelated to my "other issue" where water pours out the City water inlet when the pump is on by where the valve is left on City, this was caused by debris (small rock) preventing the swing check valve from closing. It's that little white ball looking think inside the City water inlet.