Clear Coat Finish on Front of Landmark

Last August I purchased a new (2014) Landmark and really like it. This past weekend I was waxing the entire Rv and noticed that the clear coat above the Landmark logo on the front is not smooth--has an "orange peel" texture/feeling and it is dull. My Landmark has full body paint ( which is supposedly a multi-thousand dollar upgrade) and two coats of clear-coat according to the Heartland website. The clear coat finish on the rest of the unit is very smooth and shiny. The next time I have it in for service I am going to ask Camping World to sand ( 1000 and 2000 grit sand paper) and buff out the clear coat--under warranty.

Anyone else deal with this issue? I keep it in a covered storage area when not in use.

Thanks

Richard

danemayer

You might want to discuss with the factory to see what they recommend. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

travlingman

Ours was the same way when we got it. Also had some places on both sides. Took to dealer and they buffed it out. Said they usually catch this, not uncommon, but missed the areas on mine.