fender trim

builderod

We recently bought a 2011 Greystone and had a blowout which ruined a fender trim on the drivers side and don't know where to go to replace it. Can anyone help?

danemayer

Hi builderod,

You can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Pictures may help get you the right part(s). Our rig has j-wrap with trim covering the joint where the j-wrap and sidewall come together. Usually it's the j-wrap that's damaged when a tire blows.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X 2 on what Dan said. You did not say what tires you have. If they are the "Blowmax" get rid of them ASAP. If one let loose...the other 3 are not far behind.

Jim.Allison

Plastic fender trim is available on the open market, some of it may be proprietary, but they seem to run about 180 each. The people that sell them have a visual selector. I found several sites, some better than others. As far a BlowMax is concerned, Ditto on the "if you lost one the other three are not far behind", Some have lost the second on the very next trip, and even one person lost the other 3 on the same trip and got stranded down in Big Bend for a couple of days. I dont know the details of that story, and the DW might have filled the thing full of rocks, but with blowmax I would believe anything at this point. Get them off your rig. BTW my comprehensive was $0 deductible on my Blowmax damage. Unlike liability and collision, comprehensive claims are not likely to raise your rates (unless you have a lot of them) perhaps that will solve the plastic fender issue at no cost.

Charlie263

Plastic fender trim is available on the open market, some of it may be proprietary, but they seem to run about 180 each. The people that sell them have a visual selector. I found several sites, some better than others. As far a BlowMax is concerned, Ditto on the "if you lost one the other three are not far behind", Some have lost the second on the very next trip, and even one person lost the other 3 on the same trip and got stranded down in Big Bend for a couple of days. I dont know the details of that story, and the DW might have filled the thing full of rocks, but with blowmax I would believe anything at this point. Get them off your rig. BTW my comprehensive was $0 deductible on my Blowmax damage. Unlike liability and collision, comprehensive claims are not likely to raise your rates (unless you have a lot of them) perhaps that will solve the plastic fender issue at no cost.

Wow my 2014 Torque 380 has 3 axles full of blowmaxes. Wish I had known when I bought it, and I would have told them to change them out or no deal Howie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk