N*Compass Extended Warranty . . . a rip off!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
N*Compass (now known as 'Preserve') Extended Warranty . . . a rip off!

If you are in the process of buying a new Heartland Travel Trailer . . . or any other brand of travel trailer . . .

Don't sign on the dotted line for the N*Compass extended warranty!

They will hide behind fine print to opt out of coverage when you need them the most!

Take that from someone who needed them 1500 miles from home!

And they denied my claim and left me hanging . . . 1500 miles from home!

Don't waste your money . . .

Believe me . . . I know from experience!

If you buy the N*Compass (Preserve) Warranty . . . all you are doing is making one of their sales persons' monthly BMW payments!

They will not cover you!

They will leave you hanging not only 1000 miles from home, but anytime you try to make a claim!

Been there . . . done that!

They will do anything they can to try and make you think you caused all of your own problems!

Last edited:

Jim.Allison

I think they have to refund the unused term of the policy. For example if it is a 2 year policy and you have used 2 months then they have to refund 22 months worth. And I think the date is the effective date of the policy, many extended warranty policies do not kick in for 2 years from date of purchase.

justafordguy

I think all extended warranties are a waist of money, I don't know why I keep letting them talk me into buying them.:p

JohnD

I have contacted N*Compass and have started the process.

I was told by them that we have to contact our dealership (which we did), who told us that we needed to provide them with a copy of the warranty contract (which was done yesterday).

Haven't heard back from them yet.

I'll let you know how this works out.

JohnD

I have contacted N*Compass and have started the process.

I was told by them that we have to contact our dealership (which we did), who told us that we needed to provide them with a copy of the warranty contract (which was done yesterday).

Haven't heard back from them yet.

I'll let you know how this works out.

Well . . . here we are are over a week later . . . we have turned in our cancellation paperwork as they asked and have done what not only they told us to do, but what it says in the fine print . . . and have not heard one word from them as of yet!

Plus, we are looking at getting the trailer fixed this coming week!

We'll keep you informed . . .

RV extended warranties . . . most of them a ripoff!

JohnD

Re: N*Compass (Now Preserve) Extended Warranty . . . a rip off!

By the way . . . N*Compass, because of their track record, has changed their name to Preserve!

Don't fall for it . . . they will NOT cover you, no matter what!

Don't buy their warranty from your dealership, no matter how hard they try to sell it to you!

They've (N*Compass/Preserve) left us hanging on our own twice when we needed then the most . . .and blamed our problems on us both times!

Don't let them do this to you!

JohnD

Re: N*Compass (Now Preserve) Extended Warranty . . . a rip off!

In case you can't tell . . . I'm VERY passionate about this issue . . .

I usually learn my lesson the second time around . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

JanAndBill

Re: N*Compass (now known as 'Preserve') Extended Warranty . . . a rip off!

So John, is it safe to assume from your posts that you wouldn't recommend this extended warranty company???? LOL Actually i can't blame you. Few years ago we bought an extended warranty on a MH. 3 months later, and two days before Memorial Day, our auto A/C went out. Prior to completing the work the shop called the warranty company and explained that the compressor had come apart, what work needed to be performed and gave them a cost estimate of $1500 max. The company approved the repair, and the shop completed the work. When shop called the next day, for payment actual bill ($1250), the warranty company declined to pay because in their "judgement" the compressor failed because the seals failed and leaked out the refrigerant causing the compressor to fail, and their policy didn't cover damage caused by seal failure. Shop tried to explain that yes the seals were damaged, but it was because of a bearing failure in the compressor and that the low pressure switch would have kicked the compressor off had there been a leak, to prevent damage to the compressor. They wouldn't change their mind and we were up against a major holiday, so we paid the bill. I guess I could have argued the claim the following week, but based on my conversations already with the company, my opinion of them wasn't optimistic. Instead I cancelled the policy per "their" terms and the refund covered the repair. I'd never been suckered into one of these policies before and I will never be again. I set back a little every month into my "emergency fund" to cover the big ticket repairs.

JohnD

So John, is it safe to assume from your posts that you wouldn't recommend this extended warranty company???? LOL Actually i can't blame you.

Yes . . . that is a safe bet!

I know there are good companies out there providing warranties . . . we just got the wrong one.

I just want to make sure that nobody here gets taken by this company!

Or any other company that operates the same way.

Cperk

So John, is it safe to assume from your posts that you wouldn't recommend this extended warranty company???? LOL Actually i can't blame you. Few years ago we bought an extended warranty on a MH. 3 months later, and two days before Memorial Day, our auto A/C went out. Prior to completing the work the shop called the warranty company and explained that the compressor had come apart, what work needed to be performed and gave them a cost estimate of $1500 max. The company approved the repair, and the shop completed the work. When shop called the next day, for payment actual bill ($1250), the warranty company declined to pay because in their "judgement" the compressor failed because the seals failed and leaked out the refrigerant causing the compressor to fail, and their policy didn't cover damage caused by seal failure. Shop tried to explain that yes the seals were damaged, but it was because of a bearing failure in the compressor and that the low pressure switch would have kicked the compressor off had there been a leak, to prevent damage to the compressor. They wouldn't change their mind and we were up against a major holiday, so we paid the bill. I guess I could have argued the claim the following week, but based on my conversations already with the company, my opinion of them wasn't optimistic. Instead I cancelled the policy per "their" terms and the refund covered the repair. I'd never been suckered into one of these policies before and I will never be again. I set back a little every month into my "emergency fund" to cover the big ticket repairs.

They were correct that the low pressure switch would have shut the system off and protected the compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk