Bedroom and Bathroom heat?(vents blocked)?

arisce

We went camping this past weekend and had to put the heat on.Well,first of all,the remote to start and regulate the heat is a pain in the ***.When I finally got the furnace to work,I noticed that the vent in the bedroom(and bathroom) does not blow as hard(barely noticeble) as the ones in the living room or kitchen.I'm thinking that they are blocked by something left behind.Now before I go off the deep end has anybody experienced this situation or have an explanation.Thanks!

Cheryl

When I use the air conditioner, I notice that if I close the main vent (kitchen) I get better flow in the bedroom. I leave it open during the day and close it at night.

arisce

I closed all the vents in kitchen and living room and it did not make a difference in the bedroom.Thanks for the suggestion!

phranc

I have/had a similiar problem.. When factory installed furnace the bent a piece of the plenum and caused a leak.This did not allow the full force of furnace air to be directed intothe ductwork. A mechanic at the dealer made a almost perfect fix by using some of the silver metal tape to cover the opening at the plenum..On the 3600 this located under the kit counter next to slide .. I still do not as you do not have sufficent air coming from my bedroom vent .And bath vent air is meager..Upon some investigation I found the flexible hose that feed the BR has several sharp bends in it and causes a restriction.This hose is located behind panel you would remove to winterize.Most likely will take to dealer for repair . If I don't ,it is not too hard to shorten hose about 6 in and reroute through the tangle of water lines ..I am more concerned about the plenum and will wait to see how it goes in colder weather..

jbeletti

Floor Plan of Bighorn 3600RL attached

Arisce,

I believe phranc is referring to the kitchen (kit) counter next to the kitchen (appliance) slide-out room.

Jim

Attachments

• 3600RL-large.jpg
    3600RL-large.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 14

phranc

Thanks jim, thats exactly what I meant.. And Cheryl ,you can access part of the furnace from a louvered panel in that Kitchen Base cabinet..Panel just pulls off and will snap back on..

Cheryl

Sadly for us, the furnace probably won't be an issue - at least not for a long time. We still have to (I'm going to have to use the bad word here) work:( and will only get to use our camper in the summer with the rare occasional weekend late spring early fall.