ATF: Big Country - Differences in early 2015 3950FB models

farside291

What are some of the differences in the early 2015 3950FB models? I have a 2015 model that I purchased in May of 2014. I noticed from time to time while looking at other owner pictures that mine doesn't have some of the features others have. Like for example, the solid surface stove cover and a built in radio. The built in radio I now have learned was put in place of the pull out desk. Are there other features that were not available in the earlier model years of the 3950FB and can any of them be retrofitted to mine?
Thanks, Bill

dbbls59

Manufacturers just pick a date and say units made after this are next years models. Actual changes may occur any time throughout the year.

farside291

Thanks for the reply, I am aware of that but that's not really what I'm asking. I am curious as to what feature were available for the late 2015 3950FB model that were not available in May 2014 when I purchased mine.

VKTalley

Thanks for the reply, I am aware of that but that's not really what I'm asking. I am curious as to what feature were available for the late 2015 3950FB model that were not available in May 2014 when I purchased mine.

Bill, check our blog as we just bought a 2015 Big Country 3950FB back in March. Malcolm (aka MCTalley) will be able to tell you when our rig was manufactured. I'd love to see pictures of yours to compare to ours.

farside291

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have been following the blog. Your unit is almost identical to ours. We opted to get recessed sinks and we have the pull out desk (which we love) and we dont have the solid cover over the stove. I plan on performing some of the modifications because I think there great ideas. We did replace the home theater receiver with a samsung unit and change the bedroom tv to a series 5 42 inch samsung and the living room with a samsung 50 inch series 6. Added a table top ice maker because the water where we camp is very bad and dont want to use the water in the fridge. So blew out the line and keep it shut off. As the ice makes I just dump into the icemaker in the fridge. Plus this way I dont have to worry about freezeing.

VKTalley

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have been following the blog. Your unit is almost identical to ours. We opted to get recessed sinks and we have the pull out desk (which we love) and we dont have the solid cover over the stove. I plan on performing some of the modifications because I think there great ideas. We did replace the home theater receiver with a samsung unit and change the bedroom tv to a series 5 42 inch samsung and the living room with a samsung 50 inch series 6. Added a table top ice maker because the water where we camp is very bad and dont want to use the water in the fridge. So blew out the line and keep it shut off. As the ice makes I just dump into the icemaker in the fridge. Plus this way I dont have to worry about freezeing.

Not a problem! Our frig does not have an ice maker in it (which I don't miss) and we have the table top icemaker that I do the same them....fill the ice bucket in the freezer. We bought our rig from the dealers stock. Not sure about the stove top covers, but I love mine!

Where in Texas are you located?

farside291

My wife Norma and I are located in Fort Worth and we mostly travel for business with the occasional weekend trip. We thought the icemaker and water in the door was a great idea until we found out you cant use it in the winter.

farside291

I don't mean to seem rude for taking so long to reply but I missed your reply! We are located in Fort Worth but spend a lot of time in Lufkin for business travel. We think we have most of the bugs ironed out of ours just trying work through a bad water pump filling the fresh tank right now. Other than that we really like the unit. I am considering replacing the king pin with a MOR/ryde for a little more comfortable tow. But really that's about it.

VKTalley

I don't mean to seem rude for taking so long to reply but I missed your reply! We are located in Fort Worth but spend a lot of time in Lufkin for business travel. We think we have most of the bugs ironed out of ours just trying work through a bad water pump filling the fresh tank right now. Other than that we really like the unit. I am considering replacing the king pin with a MOR/ryde for a little more comfortable tow. But really that's about it.

Not a problem! I understand long delays...I'm guilty of that too. :rolleyes: Glad to hear that you have worked out the bugs. We are in the Pacific Northwest visiting our daughter and her family.