We had to give up our Bighorn

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We had to break the news to the kids today. It was a tough conversation but we got through it pretty well.

Then it was time to tell them the good news............NoneNoneNone

In February Linda and I signed the papers for a new Landmark Augusta. We are graduating from our Bighorn of 3 years and we are very excited. For the first time ever, we are ordering what we want instead of buying off the lot. We will be getting dual pane windows, second a/c, slide-toppers, 14 cu ft. refer, 19” LCD in bedroom, dealer installed hitch receiver for a bike rack and MorRyde pin box. As always I have a few mods that I want to do but for right now I just want to get the camper to the house. The waiting is really hard but I know it will be worth it.
Well the new coach showed up at the dealership this past Thursday, and of course we could not resist the temptation to go and visit. So this Saturday we did just that. We got to see the new coach in person and we got some unexpected suprises. One of them was a new style set of steps. Apparently this is a new in production change from what I was to understand. They are (4) steps total with a radiused front edge. Very sturdy and really look nice. The other suprise was a new style latch for the sliding closet mirror doors. I know this will interest alot of current owners as the "old style" was nicknamed "skinner" or "flesh ripper". I hope that Heartland will continue to listen to the customers as it looks like they have for this latch.
We will get to take delivery the following Saturday and will go through a thorough PDI. Then it is home for loading which will probably take the majority of the weekend, just in time for our first camping weekend on the April 11th. Things are really coming together and we are very excited and fortunate.
Well enough for now. Later all,
Mark

Attachments

• 100_0344.JPG
    100_0344.JPG
    359.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_0346.JPG
    100_0346.JPG
    487.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_0348.JPG
    100_0348.JPG
    339.2 KB · Views: 123

jpmorgan37

Mark;

Congratulations and I know that you will be even more in love with the Augusta then you were with your 3500RL. (and some lucky person will be getting a fine, pre-owned coach)

Good luck and many miles of enjoyment.

John

Delaine and Lindy

Congratz on the new Landmark, great floor plan.:D I agree the 4 steps are great. However we didn't get the new sliding glass locks. We love the latch in our other 5er. Much better than any we have ever seen. See you in Branson. GBY...

jimtoo

Hey Mark, congratulations on the new Augusta, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

On a different note.. check out the steps, not sure how they work with a lever, but JimB fell because his were not deployed or all the way out and locked. Just a word of caution because these are a new thing. You might check with him to find out what happened with his.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Great news, Mark. When DW sees it in Branson I know what the conversation will be...again. If fact when the house is sold to the dealer we go. I like the laminated floor Heartland is using. Does yours have it? Did you go with the Good Year tires, too? Best of luck.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Congrats... on the new rig....very nice floorplan , many more great adventures. See ya in Branson. .....Ken

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Thanks for all the kind words of enthusiasm.

Tom, yes we did get the new laminated floors and we also received Goodyear tires. What an awesome rig. Can't wait to get it home

Mark

theharveys

Congratulations on the new Landmark. I am sure you will love it! I know we love ours. Thanks for the photos of the new closet latches. I am calling my dealer on Monday morning and ordering a set for our Landmark.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Congrats on the new Landmark. We have the 3670 Big Horn and the DW sighs everytime someone buys a new Augusta. You guys are going to cost me a lot of money before this is all over. lol
Enjoy, and see you somewhere down the road.
Fred and Elizabeth