2016 Cyclone 4200

jam20ster

Just took delivery of our 2016 4200 today. Purchased from Explore USA in Canton, Tx. I have to say I'm very impressed with the customer service already. We where on a rv trip at the frio river and our sales guy drove 6 hours one way for us to sign the papers so we could pick our unit a couple of days later. Super impressed! They did a 2 day PDI where they went through entire unit, running all systems for 2 days before we arrived to do our pdi with the service guy. All went very smooth and like I said before super impressed! We traded up from a 2013 keystone sprinter that we bought new and probably had close to 15K miles on. We camp a lot! Originally put the deposit over the phone on what was a 2015, but got sold before our sales guy realized. The GM honored the same price in the 2016. Price was also $13,000 cheaper than anywhere else I found up to the point of buying.

Now on to a question. Before I get blasted I did search, but did not find any sufficient answers.

On the a/c system which all 3 of mine are domestic, it doesn't give me an option of auto???? It shows fan/cooling/heating. I set it on cooling and it only shows the desired temp. My last a/c System in the keystone would show set temp then show current temp and then cycle on desired temp is achieved. My new a/c's are cooling the unit but never cycling???? Am I doing something wrong?

jimtoo

HI jam20ster,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members that have a newer unit will jump in soon with some help for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

danemayer

On the a/c system which all 3 of mine are domestic, it doesn't give me an option of auto???? It shows fan/cooling/heating. I set it on cooling and it only shows the desired temp. My last a/c System in the keystone would show set temp then show current temp and then cycle on desired temp is achieved. My new a/c's are cooling the unit but never cycling???? Am I doing something wrong?
Hi jam20ster,

You probably have Dometic Comfort Control II thermostats and should be able to set the FAN mode to AUTO. Here's a link to the thermostat manuals. Take a look at page 5 of the CC II manual.

pcardoza

When you set the thermostat to FAN, can you not use the +- keys to cycle through the different fan settings? Hi - Lo - Auto

OEFVET

You put it in fan mode then the + and - buttons will cycle it to high, low, or auto. Then press the mode button until you place it in cool mode.

Remember on the 4200 you have an additional switch to only allow 2 ACs to run at the same time.

jam20ster

Thanks for the info. What an easy fix. Can't believe I didn't see that the first time. The tech when he was going through the pdi brought up a/c system and since I've been rving for years, said oh I know how that works. Boy was I wrong.

jam20ster

Got the unit home today and man it was tough backing in to driveway. Also realized I have to modify my fence in order for it to fit under my carport in backyard.

Had what I thought was my first problem, but after researching I was able to fix.

Turned on the generator to run a/c's while we cleaned out rv, but no power to unit. Generator ran just no power inside. I called the dealer and he explained it might be a transfer switch (think that's what he called it) and that I should call heartland and they would send a mobile tech out at their expense, since my dealer is a 4 hour drive. I decided instead to research this and found that several people talked about checking for loose wires. Low and behold I took off the junction box cover to find 3 white wires hanging with electrical tape but not connected. It appeared at one time they were but maybe just came loose over the ride home. Anyways, connected wires and all is good. Seems to be a common issue but easily fixable.