New Escapees (Xscapers) Members

Sniper

We did it. We joined Escapees, the better half like the Xscapers Club so we joined. Thanks everyone for the advice on joining. Makes us feel like we are one step closer to "living the dream". Now if I can just figure my around their site and forum LOL :)

Sniper

Glad to hear you're one step closer.
It made us "feel" that way anyhow Bob. Getting a lot of full timing info there so far, but the more I read the more confused I feel. I tend to overthink everything. LOL Comes from 20 years in the U.S. Army I guess. :confused:

8amps

We went to Escapees rally in Tucson this past March (2015) where they launched the xscapers. Really seemed like a great plan and it was nice to meet the people involved. Learned lots at the Escapees rally, still trying to implement some of it (like a practice go out the fire window). Sniper, I am an overthinker too and while I didn't do 20 years in the military, I am a major planner. Suffice it to say, our full timer adventure which started October 2014 has not gone as planned but is/has turned out different in wonderfully unexpected ways.

Sniper

We went to Escapees rally in Tucson this past March (2015) where they launched the xscapers. Really seemed like a great plan and it was nice to meet the people involved. Learned lots at the Escapees rally, still trying to implement some of it (like a practice go out the fire window). Sniper, I am an overthinker too and while I didn't do 20 years in the military, I am a major planner. Suffice it to say, our full timer adventure which started October 2014 has not gone as planned but is/has turned out different in wonderfully unexpected ways.
We plan on making as many events as we possible can in the next 18 months to get as much "inside" info as we can. We've got a lot of good info from these forums, things I would have never dreamed of. I admire spontaneous folks, but it's just not how I roll, can't do it. LOL For our upcoming two week trip out west, I have every single stop planned to include the exit number for all fuel stops, rest stops and ETA's. I do this for every trip even if it's just a weekend getaway. My much better half does make me stop that once we get to our destination. LOL