Project LM 365

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
I see that this "Project LM 365" tread has hit the 100'000 views mark today. I believe this is the first thread to hit 100'000 on the Heartland forum.
Thank you all for taking part in this adventure. It has been a blast for me.

I have read through all of your mods. There's so many that I have probably forgot a couple You have inspired me to copy some of yours and made me think of a few on my own. I'm sure you have done that for many others too. Thank you for your great ideas and the confidence that you have given us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Landmark Charleston
2016 Ram 3500
Mega Cab
Dually
3:73 Axle Ratio

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ron's installer does all lines exposed and just screws them into the corpilast. So you will be completely fine running it underneath. I had to make it look good. :)
Our friends 2014 Landmark has the crossover line zip tied right to the axle and no rubber brake line to the caliper. That was the factory install..
After 2 years it already broke from vibration. The line has to have some give it will expand and retract from heat and cold.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I see that this "Project LM 365" tread has hit the 100'000 views mark today. I believe this is the first thread to hit 100'000 on the Heartland forum.
Thank you all for taking part in this adventure. It has been a blast for me.

Good morning Jerrod. You my friend have much to be proud of here. While you have the most documented modifications and a very highly viewed thread, fellow club member Duane Clause (porthole) currently holds the "Most Viewed Thread" title.

Based on your modifications trend coupled with your thread view trend, 2017 may be the year your thread goes over the top.

This all said, and I know you share this view - we're not in a race on this forum. We're all here to share and learn. And you, Duane and so many others are tops in the "sharing department". Congratulations my friend for hitting 100k views and thank you for your contributions!

Threads with High Number of Views.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Good morning Jerrod. You my friend have much to be proud of here. While you have the most documented modifications and a very highly viewed thread, fellow club member Duane Clause (porthole) currently holds the "Most Viewed Thread" title.

Based on your modifications trend coupled with your thread view trend, 2017 may be the year your thread goes over the top.

This all said, and I know you share this view - we're not in a race on this forum. We're all here to share and learn. And you, Duane and so many others are tops in the "sharing department". Congratulations my friend for hitting 100k views and thank you for your contributions!

View attachment 49077
Wow I hadn't noticed that. He is way up there.
Thank for pointing that out Jim.
You ,Duane, and many others here are the ones that inspired me and gave me the confidence to dive in and do what I can to make our RV better then it already was.

This forum has been incredibly helpful to me and many others.
Thanks Jim for all you do.

Jerrod

RoadJunkie

Ron's installer does all lines exposed and just screws them into the corpilast.

Actually, on the units I've seen for John's (Ron's installer) work, he supports the brake lines using the existing self-tapping screws that support the Coroplast into the frame and not into the Coroplast itself.

The LM365 is a super install but I'm wondering about the Teflon tape on the elbow off the actuator. Clearly one would not use Teflon and potentially interfere with a taper connection compression seal, but OK on the pipe thread? Well, I didn't know if using the tape was something I would do, so I googled whether Teflon tape would dissolve in a brake fluid environment. I read mixed reactions.

Bob.jr

Do you think an 8' or 7' coiled cord would work just as good as the 12'?

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Do you think an 8' or 7' coiled cord would work just as good as the 12'?

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
I'd worry about a shorter cord trying to pull out of the plug when you make right turns.
Just that plastic cap holding it in there.
The 12' is the perfect cord.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That's for sure Dave I can't wait to hit the road next Monday or Tuesday
My son has just flown in for a week. I haven't seen him since he graduated December 2015. So this week is going to go by fast

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Happy New Year Jerrod, Look forward to more of your great mods this year. The Titan brake job portrayal is excellent. We are about to use your help on that one.

Hogan

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update on the incredible Ford F 350 and our trip to Lake Havasu
Well first off the air bags put the ride over the top.
I cannot believe how good this truck rides.
The air bags leveled the truck, took the springs off of the overloads, and eliminate the little bit of chucking we had on that first trip to Jackson without the bags.

We left home Thursday night in a horrible rain storm. Rain and wind for the first 130 miles.
The truck was averaging 6.7 to 6.9 in that storm running about 60 to 65 mph.
Then after we hit the dry roads the milage went up to about 8.3 mpg average
Cruise control set at 66 mph.
We topped off in Bakersfield and hit the road again 65 mph up the Tehachapi Mountains no problem.
My gross weight is really close to 28,000 lbs
The truck doesn't even know the Landmark is back there.
It takes off from the stop signs and heads up the on ramps like a sports car.
And now with the new disc brakes it stops just as good.

The heated messaging seats are amazing. Kinda stinks that they turn off after about 20 or 30 minutes and you have to turn them back on. Must be to make sure your still awake. LOL
What an awesome trip to Lake Havasu.

Well our spot on the lake is one of the best spots in the park.
And the weather is perfect.
Thanks Garry for throwing a great AZ rally
Looking forward to the next one already.

3dc6c7e170efb364fb144f6591821484.jpg

a742753a09b57435f70f6dc5f61a259b.jpg

d0df7ec15ac41ad487632915d996012f.jpg

1bc04debeffef8bb45f4d3ac466de582.jpg

83e7ab1ef0c83d4dae7baf9fc53ed382.jpg

1a31d592934cdfe0d2c3e6d956af25eb.jpg