Project LM 365

mlpeloquin

Update on the incredible Ford F 350 and our trip to Lake Havasu
Well first off the air bags put the ride over the top.
I cannot believe how good this truck rides.
The air bags leveled the truck, took the springs off of the overloads, and eliminate the little bit of chucking we had on that first trip to Jackson without the bags.

We left home Thursday night in a horrible rain storm. Rain and wind for the first 130 miles.
The truck was averaging 6.7 to 6.9 in that storm running about 60 to 65 mph.
Then after we hit the dry roads the milage went up to about 8.3 mpg average
Cruise control set at 66 mph.
We topped off in Bakersfield and hit the road again 65 mph up the Tehachapi Mountains no problem.
My gross weight is really close to 28,000 lbs
The truck doesn't even know the Landmark is back there.
It takes off from the stop signs and heads up the on ramps like a sports car.
And now with the new disc brakes it stops just as good.

The heated messaging seats are amazing. Kinda stinks that they turn off after about 20 or 30 minutes and you have to turn them back on. Must be to make sure your still awake. LOL
What an awesome trip to Lake Havasu.

Well our spot on the lake is one of the best spots in the park.
And the weather is perfect.
Thanks Garry for throwing a great AZ rally
Looking forward to the next one already.

3dc6c7e170efb364fb144f6591821484.jpg

a742753a09b57435f70f6dc5f61a259b.jpg

d0df7ec15ac41ad487632915d996012f.jpg

1bc04debeffef8bb45f4d3ac466de582.jpg

83e7ab1ef0c83d4dae7baf9fc53ed382.jpg

1a31d592934cdfe0d2c3e6d956af25eb.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

When you add the Trailair FlexAir hitch it will even get better. I installed a shock air pump in front the storage bay permanently connected to the FlexAir. Easy to check the air pressure and add if needed.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I've been running the TrailAir pinbox for 12 years now and won't go without it.
It's is an amazing ride and you can see how much it helps watching it in the mirrors.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The last 2 weeks have been amazing. First week in Lake Havasu then this last week in Half Moon Bay. We've been through a few major rain and wind storms sitting right on the California coast line.

We had a lot of wind and rain hitting us in Half Moon Bay and after a few day I was sitting at the table and noticed my socks were getting wet from the carpet under the table. Of course it was coming in from the outside TV cabinet. I think it was from having the latch adjusted to loosely. I readjusted the latch pin and dried everything out. so far so good. I checked with Steve (Tikidawg) next to me and his was wet also. Hopefully we have the problem fixed now.

Next on a good note "My Air Bags"
I hooked up to come home, hit the button on my remote up a few to many times then back down to what I thought was 55 psi. We hit the road and after a half hour of travailing I noticed that we were bucking a lot and had a really terrible ride. Then I thought something is not right here. I checked the remote and found that it was only set on 35 psi. I bumped it up to 55 psi and you could completely feel the difference as the bag pumped up to the set 55 psi. IT WAS A NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE The rough ride and the chucking completely went away.
That right there told me the Air bag install was well worth every penny. $1300 well spent

Bones

The last 2 weeks have been amazing. First week in Lake Havasu then this last week in Half Moon Bay. We've been through a few major rain and wind storms sitting right on the California coast line.

We had a lot of wind and rain hitting us in Half Moon Bay and after a few day I was sitting at the table and noticed my socks were getting wet from the carpet under the table. Of course it was coming in from the outside TV cabinet. I think it was from having the latch adjusted to loosely. I readjusted the latch pin and dried everything out. so far so good. I checked with Steve (Tikidawg) next to me and his was wet also. Hopefully we have the problem fixed now.

I hooked up to come home, hit the button on my remote up a few to many times then back down to what I thought was 55 psi. We hit the road and after a half hour of travailing I noticed that we were bucking a lot and had a really terrible ride. Then I thought something is not right here. I checked the remote and found that it was only set on 35 psi. I bumped it up to 55 psi and you could completely feel the difference as the bag pumped up to the set 55 psi. IT WAS A NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE The rough ride and the chucking completely went away.
That right there told me the Air bag install was well worth every penny. $1300 well spent

I love my air bags and the auto level. I'm getting water in my basement door now all of a sudden. I've got to figure out what changed.

TxRoadWarrior362

What air bags do you have? Did you have to purchase the compressor and remote separate, or did it come as a complete kit? Sorry, I didn't read previous posts to see if you have a discription.

Actually I tried to go straight through but there are a few heater tubes in the way I actually drilled a hole in one that was up agenst the driver's side frame rail. My trailer has a 14" sqare hole with a patch over it in the corpilast, not sure why it's there but it was in the perfect place for me.
I went directly over the front axle. I drilled the holes with the 1-1/8 step bit and used the Truck glad hand seals as grommets
336c94783eab75077e8f0964331604c6.jpg

Then I had to bend and form the line on one side, connect it and succure it.
Next was to gently do the same on the other side, putting a few extra bends in it so if I needed extra line I had it.
After it was all connected I ZIP tied the line to the cross member up inside the access hole. Then reinstalled the cover over the hole and used my shield repair tape for the first time.
844aec585132766a7702a995650b2439.jpg

I hope some of that made sense.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help

Jerrod

Jerrod

As we both have the same models. Your Coroplast cut on your driver's side is in the same place as mine, except that mine was open to the elements. Had to go to the rv store where they supplied me with enough tape to attach to the inside top and the bottom of the hole to secure the three cuts edges.

I am puzzled to why someone needed access to that area, and not tape it when they finished. Never thought that I should have to drag my backside around the bottom to see everything was okay. Had the Ashland for over a year before I found it. Just got my unit out back from the service center. I have some issues that I will pm you about.

Shawn Hanna

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here's a new product from RV lock.
It's a indoor wall mount remote.
You can program all of your door latches individually and also program all of them to the ALL button.
At night you can hit the "ALL" button and lock everything up at once. Or if your stepping out to get something you can unlock 1 individual door.
1235fe9a91b94bd755f2c3d98e139e4b.jpg

4223e6accbbe39efcdded293f2e36c32.jpg

8bfc388704717e1c8baeebd947e9926b.jpg

BigGuy82

Here's a new product from RV lock.
It's a indoor wall mount remote.
You can program all of your door latches individually and also program all of them to the ALL button.
At night you can hit the "ALL" button and lock everything up at once. Or if your stepping out to get something you can unlock 1 individual door.
1235fe9a91b94bd755f2c3d98e139e4b.jpg

4223e6accbbe39efcdded293f2e36c32.jpg

8bfc388704717e1c8baeebd947e9926b.jpg

Where did you get that? It's not even on the manufacturers website yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Mine leaked when in 2012 when the rig was new. The factory put an extra screw in the top center of the door frame. That removed the flexibility and they re-siliconed . Also the Riva weather seal was slipping down. You can squeeze the Riva seal and compress the metal inside the rubber. That helps it stay in place when opening the doors.
The other water in the basement came from the water valve so new o rings and tighten up all the Pex fittings. The shower access panel exsposes the Pex fittings. Had one leaking there as well, the water would drop and run down the wires and into the basement. That one was hard to find. So I think that about covers my water in basement. No leaks for 5 year's.
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dave my basement door leaked once too. All it was is the the seal had pulled down on top a little bit. I pushed it back on with my hand and it hasn't leaked sence.