Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update: I also added LED side lights up front and tied them into these backup lights
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=533373&viewfull=1#post533373

Well this turned out to be a all day project. I've had all of the parts for some time now.
I needed to run the Ford Trailer camera wire harness all the way to the rear of the RV. And at the same time I wanted to run the wires for my backup lights. It was quite a task.
The camera wire harness goes from the harness in the battery compartment out the side wall into the propane compartment, then down the frame along my HYD brake line the back into the frame right behind the drop frame. Then I fished it all the way back from the basement to the hitch, then from there up and over to the new camera. Thanks to a lot of help from DW (Rhonda) I had her inside the basement pulling wires for me and pulling the fish tape. I had to call her out to help 3 or 4 times today.
I ran the backup light wires along side the camera harness from the pinbox all the way back to the lights.
I feel like a contortionist, trying to bend my fat body into places it doesn't fit. I'll pay for it tomorrow.

d5d7e681f3b980e73c0c5744017aedb3.jpg

4d7d3d62fae674cd2ccc7a01f9a5fb6f.jpg

27621860efc49826f820c9eac8bdb787.jpg

fdf8cbd9e3c85359771047f4fd783c09.jpg

5885fb2caa954d62ca2a005df4557010.jpg

0777d985ab17fd982b52c18db5dd5807.jpg

Oh ya I put LED light bars down both sides of my hitch mounting channels too.

I should be able to see when I'm backing into our spot at night now.

These light will work when I put the truck into reverse and also if I turn on #4 Up-fitter switch in the truck.

cb9a079040a1e7fdeb6e1d8a9a59f5ae.jpg

bd56350148ddeb9da985bf2aff364945.jpg

I ran out of daylight so I didn't get the pictures of the 2 cameras.

Tomorrow !!!!

After looking at these pictures on here I think I might switch out the light for white ones I just found on Amazon.

71XZQdFU7gL._SL1082_.jpg

Just Ordered them, they will be here Saturday !!!!

Here is the the new white lights installed.
816a55ae23a6fe2af99189c96c8b89d2.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nbomar

Well this turned out to be a all day project. I've had all of the parts for some time now.
I needed to run the Ford Trailer camera wire harness all the way to the rear of the RV. And at the same time I wanted to run the wires for my backup lights. It was quite a task.
The camera wire harness goes from the harness in the battery compartment out the side wall into the propane compartment, then down the frame along my HYD brake line the back into the frame right behind the drop frame. Then I fished it all the way back from the basement to the hitch, then from there up and over to the new camera. Thanks to a lot of help from DW (Rhonda) I had her inside the basement pulling wires for me and pulling the fish tape. I had to call her out to help 3 or 4 times today.
I ran the backup light wires along side the camera harness from the pinbox all the way back to the lights.
I feel like a contortionist, trying to bend my fat body into places it doesn't fit. I'll pay for it tomorrow.

Oh ya I put LED light bars down both sides of my hitch mounting channels too.

I should be able to see when I'm backing into our spot at night now.

These light will work when I put the truck into reverse and also if I turn on #4 Up-fitter switch in the truck.

I ran out of daylight so I didn't get the pictures of the 2 cameras.

Tomorrow !!!!

After looking at these pictures on here I think I might switch out the light for white ones I just found on Amazon.

Just Ordered them, they will be here Saturday !!!!

Rigid lights are the best around! I have many sets on my different vehicles. I have an amber set of driving cubes from my old Rzr that then went into my duramax fogs, then on my new Honda pioneer. I have one that has recently started getting condensation in the housing. I called rigid and they said "no problem" issued an rma and are rebuilding the housing and resealing everything 4 years old and no questions asked on fixing it. That's service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

sweet mod jerrod
Thanks Dave the last few trips out for one reason or another we have arrived to the campground at night.
The lights have been sitting on my workbench and on my tado list for a long time.
While we are backing into our spot with a flashlight a keep wishing I had this Mod done.
Now that it's finally done I'm sure we will not arrive to the campground at night anymore. LOL

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I tell you Jerrod, Heartland needs to hire you, OR better yet, you open up an rv modification shop. You would make a killing. Wish you were over on the east side of the Mississippi. Would love to see the 365 up close and personal.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I've always said that if I had to do it, that would take the fun out of it.

I would love to make a trip out east some day. Right now we can only be gone 7 days at a time. There is talk of going paperless some day and then we would be able to do our work from anywhere.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
check mark.png And understand. It's more fun doing something on your own rig than trying to satisfy a customer. Training horses was the same way, loved getting results with my own than training someone else's horse.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

In the process of running my wires from front to rear. I needed to gain access up into the underbelly. At the rear of the RV. The corpilast is sealed up to the rear cap and I also mounted my 2" receiver hitch over the top of it. So pulling it down at the rear was not really an option.
So I made 3 cuts in the bottom and bent it down. I was able to sit up inside the hole and run my wires to where I needed them.
Then to patch it back up I screwed in a small piece of old fence board up inside, then screwed the door flap to the board.
Next put a few feet off of my 180' roll of patch tape.
Now I have easy access up there anytime I need to get in there.

6d6b5996f27374804075f4f3a7fc50b4.jpg

b5e4f5c6355c9da5ee44c111c8efbce4.jpg

da66cda84ab29a7d2e1968719a09c2ce.jpg

1e2b5ab996e8b4dfc2dc86cc95d14ad5.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In the process of running my wires from front to rear. I needed to gain access up into the underbelly. At the rear of the RV. The corpilast is sealed up to the rear cap and I also mounted my 2" receiver hitch over the top of it. So pulling it down at the rear was not really an option.
So I made 3 cuts in the bottom and bent it down. I was able to sit up inside the hole and run my wires to where I needed them.
Then to patch it back up I screwed in a small piece of old fence board up inside, then screwed the door flap to the board.
Next put a few feet off of my 180' roll of patch tape.
Now I have easy access up there anytime I need to get in there.

6d6b5996f27374804075f4f3a7fc50b4.jpg

b5e4f5c6355c9da5ee44c111c8efbce4.jpg

da66cda84ab29a7d2e1968719a09c2ce.jpg

1e2b5ab996e8b4dfc2dc86cc95d14ad5.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, this makes entry into the belly, and then resealing, look not too difficult.

But you do have to be careful when cutting.

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
I put backup lights on mine. The hardest part was drilling the holes. I also tapped into the wall lights to steal 12 volts and added a switch to turn the lights on from inside the rig, you know, to see the boogie man. The lights are LED and really bright

cf5004fa0bf8fd0e680aa1f1f8f72ed5.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Today I had time to hook up the truck and go get it washed. I was excited to try out my new backup camera system and see if the backup lights work in reverse.
We I hooked up plugged in and put the truck in reverse, hit the proper button on the touch screen to choose the trailer camera :)
Nothing !!! Still getting the blue screen :'(
I wiggled a few plugs with no luck.
I had to go to get to the truck wash ahead of the croud.
When I got back home I started troubleshooting the wire harness that took me an entire day to install. I ran a jumper wire from the plug in the front compartmnent along the ground all the way back and up to the top of my ladder. Then checked continuity though each wire. There at the plug going into the camera one of the terminals inside the plug had pulled out. Because that wire was shorter then the rest of them. After fixing the the problem and reconnecting the harness it works perfectly.

The top camera if the wireless Furrion camera system that works "perfectly" while driving. I can see cars behind us and keep an eye on the bikes.

As you can see here the new Ford camera is a much bigger and better picture but as of now it only works in reverse..

bebdb29448303571eb9ff93a0c2d090a.jpg

d2222cbaa6f8b5062d9eaf72763764d1.jpg

e8cbec503f71f7d3e03259268050573d.jpg

bcf2e797adee2f4c2709f0da50393ed3.jpg

sjandbj

As usual the lights look wonderful. Just the time I think you have done everything to the rig a new mod pops up. I was wondering how you were going run the wires from the front to the back. That tape is great stuff. Any pictures of the new camera?
Thanks for taking the time to share all your projects with us. It takes a lot more to take pictures and document the steps. Once again thanks.

Steve

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Steve check the post right before yours. I just posted them.
We might have hit send at the same time.

Definitely not as pretty as the Furrion setup but a much better picture.

41bf836458199d65fd0651859c43a982.jpg

sjandbj

Steve check the post right before yours. I just posted them.
We might have hit send at the same time.

Definitely not as pretty as the Furrion setup but a much better picture.

41bf836458199d65fd0651859c43a982.jpg

Sweet...Well now all we need a hack to the sync system to allow the back up camera to be on be on when moving forward.