Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm also working on a slide latch to hold the pin in just as an extra piece of mind.
I'm 99.9% sure it won't bounce out but I think I can loose the
.1% of worry with a simple solution.
That and the brakeaway cable also.
I have a few ideas already.

I asked my powder coating guy about how it will do over the magnet and he looked at me and said "in 18 years I've never been asked that question before" I guess we'll find out soon.
I have have a few days next week to work on it.
And I'm going to make one for myself now. It worked perfectly. It was way easier than what I'm doing now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Kathi-27

Jerrod, found the magnets at home depot. also they had 3/8 pin with ball lock on end to help stop pin from just popping out, fyi thanks for the info

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod, found the magnets at home depot. also they had 3/8 pin with ball lock on end to help stop pin from just popping out, fyi thanks for the info
That might work good thanks 👌
We'll just drill the hole out just enough to be able to pull it out with the bar but not to big, so the ball will still hold it in. I'll try that.
Thanks
Jerrod

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dave you will be hooked. You can't get a better connection... and sealed too !!!!
Of course there's a little more work involved at first but you'll never have to worry about that connection again.

Bones

Dave you will be hooked. You can't get a better connection... and sealed too !!!!
Of course there's a little more work involved at first but you'll never have to worry about that connection again.

I have had many uses from time to time for something like this to keep weather out so they will be good to add to my tool box. I am really hoping I might be able to get disc brakes this year but not sure. Gotta talk the wife into it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I highly recommend the disk brake upgrade. For your family safety !!!!
I will never own another large RV without disc brakes. That would definitely be on the very top of my Mod's list.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just found some small magnets at Ace Hardware.

They are super strong, maybe to strong

d91756270e6cbf1a3c210d03cf4feef9.jpg

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I highly recommend the disk brake upgrade. For your family safety !!!!
I will never own another large RV without disc brakes. That would definitely be on the very top of my Mod's list.

I absolutely agree with Jerrod on this!! By far the best upgrade I have found and I also will not own another fifth wheel that does not have disc brakes. The difference is astounding!

Rod

richheck

Seasoned Member
I agree with both of you, I had the liberty of ordering mine from the factory with the disc brakes. They are the greatest.

Bones

I wish I could tell the DW. She said we are doing upgrades to the girls playroom not the camper this year. I will have to ride around like a lot of people on drum brakes for a bit more time. I will be able to get them on eventually and upgrade the suspension.

Kathi-27

was real happy with it. keep coming up with great ideas. wife not always happy sometimes. keep spending money.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here's the finished product. I'm calling it my "T-Rex bar" for people with short arms that can't reach there hitch !!! LOL :)

736aeb4847b00e3f0ccb25bde0344bd6.jpg

9e3ec1452d1bc17213b97513793ecbda.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I just placed a magnet at the base of the pin lock hole and it will definitely hold that pin in place and keep it from ever bouncing out. But it's a little harder to pull the pin out now.
c9ebb33015618f298035b520aa3ed0d6.jpg

a942aa4c6aa0702ae6408d088ab501a8.jpg

I also just bent up another one out of Aluminum stock. No heat just by hand and a rubber hammer.
It's really light but I think I like the feel of the steel one better.
Right now the glue is drying on the magnets so after they dry I can do some testing.

33c5024cdf0d5e79ccf287607babf21a.jpg

Also another note. The powder coating prosses weakend the power of the magnet so I sanded it down and JB welded another one on top of the first one.

8d1440efd9e4f3d7a2843db2d40cc9f9.jpg

Bones

I just placed a magnet at the base of the pin lock hole and it will definitely hold that pin in place and keep it from ever bouncing out. But it's a little harder to pull the pin out now.
c9ebb33015618f298035b520aa3ed0d6.jpg

a942aa4c6aa0702ae6408d088ab501a8.jpg

I also just bent up another one out of Aluminum stock. No heat just by hand and a rubber hammer.
It's really light but I think I like the feel of the steel one better.
Right now the glue is drying on the magnets so after they dry I can do some testing.

33c5024cdf0d5e79ccf287607babf21a.jpg

Also another note. The powder coating prosses weakend the power of the magnet so I sanded it down and JB welded another one on top of the first one.

8d1440efd9e4f3d7a2843db2d40cc9f9.jpg

I can see it now. That pin is gonna go flying :)