Project LM 365

TxRoadWarrior362

Good for you and your wife! I was born in Walnut Creek and lived in Buckhorn in my younger life. moved to Winter Park Colorado in 3rd grade and graduated high school there. Went to Texas in 84 and never looked back, or thought of leaving this great state.

Dad drove for PIE out of Oakland for 34 years. Imagine if your company was in Texas, you might be retired by now....:cool:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'll share a little bit about me for those who are curious. Growing up my Mom & Dad had a cattle ranch in the Altamont (I'm sure most of you have herd of the Rolling Stones concert in the Altamont) and we also leased a big farm in Patterson CA doing mostly Alfalfa Hay and Corn. So, between the two we worked 7 days a week year-round. Nothing worse than having to go feed cows on Christmas morning after you open all of your new toys LOL. Myself I always liked the grease more than the Cow Sh**. It definitely smells better. Around 1979 (I was 12years old) the lease was up on the farm in Patterson and we moved all of that equipment home and started doing custom hay work in the hills of Tracy and Livermore. Doing hay on those steep hills is a lot of work. But all of those years I would much rather be on the ranch/Farm working then be in school. I hated school from day 1.. I went because I had to. My mind was always somewhere else either on work or Girls NEVER on school. I ditched most of high school then dropped out. Running equipment most of my life I was pretty good at it at a young age. I was running Crane putting up windmills at 16 or 17. then the windmill boom slowed down and my brother started a business digging swimming pools with Bobcats and little excavators. Working for your brother is not easy. Then a friend of the family that worked for Ryder truck said they were looking for a Mechanic so I thought what the heck. (That was the only Job application I have ever filled out in my life and I have never been unemployed). after 10 years at Ryder My Mom & Dad had started up a Sludge spreading business and needed some help I had just went through a divorce and decided it was time for a change. Moved back to the ranch and worked for them. (This is about the time that I met DW Rhonda and fell in love again. My son was 4 years old and a cutie, he was a lot of help in nabbing her. LOL) They bought a truck in 1997 and I started driving it hauling the cattle, equipment, and sludge around. Then that slowed down and I hooked up with a guy and started hauling Hazmat dirt. I got a lot a good trucking experience running with a bunch of old timers and learning the ropes from them. In 2001 (01/01/01) was the day Rhonda and I started our own trucking business and went out on our own. In 2008 things got tough when the guy we were working for lost the contract and left us hanging. We bought a Reefer Van and started trucking the 12 western states. While we were doing that we were offered that big contract that the other guy had lost a year or so prior. We gave them our bid and got the contract. Went from 1 truck and 1 trailer to a 9 trucks (Owner Operators) and 28 trailers leased to us. Now 2017 we run 11 owner operators, (sometime more) 38 End dump trailers, basically 24-7-365 days a year. I have done dispatch 7 days a week for over 7 years now. I did let one of our drivers do dispatch twice now for 1 day each time while we were out to sea on a cruise and my phone would not work. I quit driving my truck about 2 years ago. It just sits in my yard collecting dust. Thanks California "CARB" !!! We have a bunch of really good guys that do a great job and makes JRT shine above the rest of the company’s doing the same thing. We have no employees so things run pretty smoothly around here. That’s why I have so much spare time to tinker on things. Hope none of you fell asleep reading all of this. ��

Last edited:

TxRoadWarrior362

Thanks for the background Jess. I like following your posts, and the modifications/additions done to your rig. Look forward to seeing more mods.

Most of my farm and ranch friends here in Texas have the ability to fix, modify, or rig about anything they put their mind to.

:cool:

oldelmer1

Jerrod,

Great to hear you have succeeded in something YOU like to do.

Oh, and yes, we too like reading your posts and all your mods.....

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

New game
What the heck am I up to now ????
c9d61f49a5e8e99c037797378dfd7472.jpg
760fca7391bd2d80a3e7043acf5499c8.jpg
8cf4ae34c3d72f833f77d8704dcc55c8.jpg
e2454ee3a29f87a2b434da65222fd438.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is it to hold your glass plate in the microwave? (Folded to a u shape)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk