Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This morning I had time to do my manual switch install for my electric tonneau cover. I has this cool idea to hide the switch inside my tailgate behind the step. So when you want to open without the remote you can just push the button on the Ford tailgate step it pops out a bit and the switch is hidden right there in side. You can't see it. Also if you really needed to you could pry up the step when the tailgate is closed and get to it. Not that easy though cuz the tonneau cover seal holds it down. I also have the master power switch on my #5 up-fitter switch. So if I'm in a bad side of town I can kill power all together.

b2542ae7e6bd5c9332bb0671ad21fc54.jpg

2697ed05ba50ee4478a25d21e66285dd.jpg
8d28814a18ee3bb214592a4236f5c999.jpg
6f12de040e59920f3bf772e8b9f484ba.jpg
a025386939f46cce02a4c40be0110d60.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

paulh

Jess-

Do you have pictures of where you mounted them?

Here's another example of mounting the sewer tubes behind the drop frame and of also a sewer fittings storage box. Hope this helps too.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 205
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 198
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 198
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 187
  • #5.jpg
    #5.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 196
  • #6.jpg
    #6.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 189

paulh

This morning I had time to do my manual switch install for my electric tonneau cover. I has this cool idea to hide the switch inside my tailgate behind the step. So when you want to open without the remote you can just push the button on the Ford tailgate step it pops out a bit and the switch is hidden right there in side. You can't see it. Also if you really needed to you could pry up the step when the tailgate is closed and get to it. Not that easy though cuz the tonneau cover seal holds it down. I also have the master power switch on my #5 up-fitter switch. So if I'm in a bad side of town I can kill power all together.
2697ed05ba50ee4478a25d21e66285dd.jpg
8d28814a18ee3bb214592a4236f5c999.jpg
6f12de040e59920f3bf772e8b9f484ba.jpg
a025386939f46cce02a4c40be0110d60.jpg

Jerrod - Nice job on the tonneau cover switch. Your ideas and ability to execute are unmatched. Just a hint: stay out of the bad side of town.

oldelmer1

Guys, I just ordered one direct from d&w. The "super slider" is adjustable to various widths.

They do have one that is not a slider and exactly 60".

Ours measured 68" I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the exact 1 I ordered, but a lot more than $30.51.

Oregon_Camper

Here's another example of mounting the sewer tubes behind the drop frame and of also a sewer fittings storage box. Hope this helps too.

How often do you need 3 sewer hoses? I added a 2nd underbelly holder like yours (and 2nd hose) but I think I've used it 1 time in 2 years. Can't imagine needed 3. :confused:

paulh

How often do you need 3 sewer hoses? I added a 2nd underbelly holder like yours (and 2nd hose) but I think I've used it 1 time in 2 years. Can't imagine needed 3. :confused:

It's not about needing to use 3 hoses at once. I carry a 5', a 10' and 2 - 15' to acommodate any situation and have used them all.

Oregon_Camper

It's not about needing to use 3 hoses at once. I carry a 5', a 10' and 2 - 15' to acommodate any situation and have used them all.
Well sure.... That makes a lot of sense. ..... Now I feel silly for asking. 😢

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

paulh

Well sure.... That makes a lot of sense. ..... Now I feel silly for asking. ��

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

No problem. It's just nice to have choices. For instance, my sewer drain at home is less than 5' from my coach so I'd just be tripping over longer hoses.

TxRoadWarrior362

Jess-

probobly not the correct thread. But when storing your 5er and hooked up to 110 shore power, what are the do's and don'ts? Keep the battery disconnects on? Turn breakers off? Let the fridge cool, or not? We have had our RW at the dealer for warranty work or on trips with little storage time. Not sure how I should shutter the unit if not in use for extended periods of time.

Tim

paulh

Where did you get that sewer fittings storage box? Nice setup BTW.

I wish I knew how to link a previous thread but in short it is custom made to fit using 24 ga. "Black matte" sheet metal with an access hatch from JR Products.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jess-

probobly not the correct thread. But when storing your 5er and hooked up to 110 shore power, what are the do's and don'ts? Keep the battery disconnects on? Turn breakers off? Let the fridge cool, or not? We have had our RW at the dealer for warranty work or on trips with little storage time. Not sure how I should shutter the unit if not in use for extended periods of time.

Tim
We actually have the 50 amp service and leave everything on all of the time. Fridge on and stocked. AC on 87° in the hot summer and the heater on in the cold winter.
We usually go out once or twice a month sometimes more.
So we are ready to roll !!!!
We have solar on the house so power bill is not a issue.

TxRoadWarrior362

We actually have the 50 amp service and leave everything on all of the time. Fridge on and stocked. AC on 87° in the hot summer and the heater on in the cold winter.
We usually go out once or twice a month sometimes more.
So we are ready to roll !!!!
We have solar on the house so power bill is not a issue.

well......that's not much help! We have 50 amp at the house, but not at storage. :cool:

Bones

Jerrod your storage box is almost exactly what I want to do. I really want to get that stuff out of the basement to free up room. Did you uses an open grate type mesh for the bottom of the storage box?

- - - Updated - - -

I use 3 hoses every trip. I have two more backups and one spare hose not in use.

IMG_20150913_124909.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Not my box set up...
That box and 3 tubes is all Paul's set up.... I just have 2 storage tubes and use 2 15' Rhino hoses. I can make them any length I want from 5' to 15' and any length in between with awesome design. It's pretty cool. And I still have the drawer plans in my head and haven't got to it yet.

Bones

Not my box set up...
That box and 3 tubes is all Paul's set up.... I just have 2 storage tubes and use 2 15' Rhino hoses. I can make them any length I want from 5' to 15' and any length in between with awesome design. It's pretty cool. And I still have the drawer plans in my head and haven't got to it yet.

Whoops. My bad

Kathi-27

jerod have a question for you if you don't mind. your mod of changing to alum steps. there was not much info on the change out you posted. was it a straight bolt in or did you have to do some mod to get them to fit? ours just arrived today planning on changing out this weekend. was just not sure how much problem I might have. they measure out as about 1/2 to 3/8 wider than factory steps from what I can measure laying on the ground. any help would be great, thanks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Easy job
Mine was a tad wider also but it fit right in. I used a floor jack and a block of wood to set it on and jacked it right into place.