Project LM 365

esscobra

Jerrod
-

have you started the generator using the new batteries yet? I know you posted the vendors response to your question- wondering how they handle that especially that you can watch them with app- been holding off on solar/inverter setup until have seen some real world results using lithium batteries as they are what I am planning on installing as well

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes Gen starts just fine..
I did a 3 hour trip to Calistoga today and all went well, but the truck is not doing much at all.

I unplugged and raised the Jack's. Fridge invertor is on. Batterys at 96%.
Hit the road and the bluetooth app work well. I was able to watch what was happening with the system. Most of the time it was running in the negative state of charge. -1.6amp up to -7.3.
I did go into the positive side a few times but not very often. It danced around 0 a few times too.
When I arrived at the RV park I unhooked and hit level-up batteries were then at 93% holding about 13.5 to 13.3 Volts the entire time from start to finish.
Pretty amazing.

e97ee7a65f234cb80dc077b74defdcf0.jpg
84a88a7c349c1cacf700331d8238517a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

.....When I arrived at the RV park I unhooked and hit level-up batteries were then at 93% holding about 13.5 to 13.3 Volts the entire time from start to finish.
Pretty amazing.

Gotta love Lithium batteries. Glad this is working out the way we talked about. Looks like your dead refrigerator problems are behind you. :cool:

G_S

What do you need to have to connect with the LifeBlue app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

What do you need to have to connect with the LifeBlue app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just download the app on your phone and stand within 40' of the batteries and they pop up, then pick which one you want to view and it's all there.
Probably one of the easiest pairings I've done.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have been researching the 12V charging system from 2017 F350. I have missing fuses and relays in my fuse block, after installing some from another place it didn't fix anything. So I was reading some forums and found this. It might help a few of use that are chasing a dead horse.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums...iler-batteries-q-263_trailer_tow_02212017.pdf

Someone posted a device on another thread that would control the power going to the batteries if I run a wire straight from my alternator, which is what I'm considering.
What was that thing ??? I might need one.

ksucats

Interesting -- I had a battery issue with my LM not charging on a trip to New Mexico. Stopped at Rich Ford, Lomas and Wyoming in Albuquerque, where they checked the TRM module because I have the factory trailer brake controller. Found out that on my truck we had to 'activate' the circuit by using the paddles on the brake controller; pressing on the brake pedal did not activate the circuit. The mechanic and service writer who showed this to me were surprised as they also had a TB that said the brake pedal had to be pressed to activate the circuit. Regardless, I now use the brake controller to test my brakes which activates the line.

A neighbor of mine has SOB of travel trailer with a new 2018 F350 DRW and he was having a similar issue (coach battery not charging). I borrowed a circuit tester that looks like https://www.amazon.com/58270-7-Way-...r=8-3&keywords=7+pin+trailer+connector+tester and we checked both his and mine against it. Same thing on his truck, he has to use the factory brake controller to activate the TRM and charge the battery. All the other circuits lit up just fine -- lights, turn signals, brake lights, but not the battery charge circuit until we used the factory brake controller.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Interesting -- I had a battery issue with my LM not charging on a trip to New Mexico. Stopped at Rich Ford, Lomas and Wyoming in Albuquerque, where they checked the TRM module because I have the factory trailer brake controller. Found out that on my truck we had to 'activate' the circuit by using the paddles on the brake controller; pressing on the brake pedal did not activate the circuit. The mechanic and service writer who showed this to me were surprised as they also had a TB that said the brake pedal had to be pressed to activate the circuit. Regardless, I now use the brake controller to test my brakes which activates the line.

A neighbor of mine has SOB of travel trailer with a new 2018 F350 DRW and he was having a similar issue (coach battery not charging). I borrowed a circuit tester that looks like https://www.amazon.com/58270-7-Way-...r=8-3&keywords=7+pin+trailer+connector+tester and we checked both his and mine against it. Same thing on his truck, he has to use the factory brake controller to activate the TRM and charge the battery. All the other circuits lit up just fine -- lights, turn signals, brake lights, but not the battery charge circuit until we used the factory brake controller.
Very interesting.
I haven't tried that yet but it will be one of my next tests.
Thanks for sharing.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just a quick update on the charging from the truck. I did some more testing and more research. I basically come out pretty much like Duwan (porthole) has been saying all along. The truck is only supplying about 2.amps my fridge is drawing about 6.amps so I'm not gaining anything while traveling..

Lifeblue has a relay I can install along with a good healthy set of wires from my truck batterys back to the RV to give it a real chance to charge up from the truck.

I will wait a while and watch things for a bit. Then decide if I need to do that or not.

I more than likely will do the mod some day in the near future.

Sowie

Has anyone checked to see if Chevy and Ram are similar?I’ll check my 2017 3500 Chevy and report back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I update on the Lithium Ion battery system and my Go Power solar charging system.
With my current Solar control board set on setting #2 for AMG batteries, the batteries were at 86% - 13.3 volts when we arrived to Pahrump NV. But when I checked the Go Power controller in my cabinet it was reading 100% 13.3 volts & 0 amps charging...
I called Go Power and he said they are working on a new controller that will work better with the Lithium Ion battery. It should be out around the first of the year. So I guess I will wait :/

I have ordered the charging relay for the truck from LifeBlue and will work on that upgrade when we get back home.

CarterKraft

Just a quick update on the charging from the truck. I did some more testing and more research. I basically come out pretty much like Duwan (porthole) has been saying all along. The truck is only supplying about 2.amps my fridge is drawing about 6.amps so I'm not gaining anything while traveling..

Lifeblue has a relay I can install along with a good healthy set of wires from my truck batterys back to the RV to give it a real chance to charge up from the truck.

I will wait a while and watch things for a bit. Then decide if I need to do that or not.

I more than likely will do the mod some day in the near future.

Did you ever determine if the 12v pin is actually getting power. I have been having some 7 way 12v+ power problems that I thought were due to a failing house battery but after changing the battery I still can't "hear" the voltage increase from the trucks charging system through the tank jack as I could on my previous truck.

I think I am either not understanding how the TRM and the charging circuit works or it isn't working at all.
I found a mention of bypassing the TRM module with a short cable and if I can get my Ford wiring diagrams to work I may try that. I don't want/need a babysitter for the trailer charging circuit outside of a fuse...

The bulletin mentions brake pedal application, others are mentioning brake controller manual activation, not sure what difference it would make as I bet both will turn on the brake lights.

ksucats

I can only talk about my own experience with my 2017 F450. Both the brake pedal and the brake controller turn on the brake lights. However, on my truck, and a neighbors 2019 F350, we have to use the brake controller to activate the TRM circuit that then activates the power (charging) line to the 7 way plug. We tested this using a tester similar to https://www.amazon.com/58270-7-Way-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PM50R89DRVE3FNCA0BTK . Rich Ford, Albuquerque NM, is the one who told me about it when we arrived with dead coach batteries and I went to them for help. They had a much fancier tester but the results were the same, Brake Controller is what activated that part of the plug.

BTW - Neither my F420 or neighbors F350 have a plug to put in a circuit breaker like the manual says to do. In fact, that place in the fuse panel is blank - nothing there to plug into even if we wanted to.

carl.swoyer

I got FREE shipping Ken :) lol

Kinda scary to think it was the same price as the Moreryde IS will be. :/

Free shipping! Oh boy! 949.00 each lol. I'm certain that shipping was included.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Free shipping! Oh boy! 949.00 each lol. I'm certain that shipping was included.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
That was for the Battle Born 100Ah batteries. I did 2 of the LifeBlue 150Ah batteries with the bluetooth, they were a bit more.
You can figure you'll pay about $10 per amp hour.

Last edited by a moderator: