Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just installed on of my Cradle Kit's on my living room slide topper.
I had this one on my bench sence the dealer tried to put it on my kitchen slide, and they said it wouldn't work. After further research I've found that it is about 3/4 of an inch to close to the slide. I Emailed Dometic yesterday and they got back to me this morning.
He said they make 2 step-out blocks 1 is 1/2" and 1 is 3/4" so I'll order another cradle kit and the blocks and get it on the kitchen slide. That's the biggest slide that really needs it the most.
We'll see if this stops my pudding problem too.
It definitely took the sag out
ecfea970f9319b139e6b86111e937c13.jpg
d7c09fdbaaf0cc81ddf27cdccb2db115.jpg
23ecf3a784c32c50f56541d3c2f9f001.jpg
2a352b47a6b23d61c9ef71a805d93fc8.jpg
354b37c15c1c8b134b57eaf76b9589e9.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm thinking I might remove the outer piece and just run this one open. As I don't like the awkward look of this one on the camp side.
968a787c61f5474901c6a68f5a03d0db.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,

What fasteners did you use to mount the cradle bracket to the exterior wall? Looks very functional.

Because of where it's mounted I had to go with a combo. After figuring out the height it needed to be I drilled the bottom holes and they are through the flange right above the top of the slide room, to close for a nut to be installed. So I used a 14-1" stainless steel screw on the bottom and 2- 1" X 5/16 stainless Alan bolts then after I tightened them up I could feel there was still about 3/8" extra bolt. I removed the bolts and cut them down 3/8" and reinstalled.

this pic is the extra screws and bolts not the actual ones I used
bd607bc2f87d10cdb20291b9f3f6d178.jpg

pday1213

Jerrod,
Did you have a pic of how far down you moved the bolts? Was going to look at the bolt holes and see if I can duplicate the same positions. No impact wrench here, but do have torque wrench to tigghten back up. What torque setting did you use? I have the same Bighorn 3270RS. Thanks
Yes his had plenty of slack in the lines. We just pulled the bolts and slid them down. I would think you should have a bunch more hose inside the frame rails you could pull out if you need to.
At first I had him underneath holding the wrench and me outside running the (1/2 Dewalt impact driver) and after a few legs we found no need for the wrench. You can hold those fine threaded belled nut with one finger. Same with putting them back on.
As long as they're not painted I'd think.

kdubinwa

No worries... we're in the same boat. I'm barely coping with strong reading glasses and a big phone.

I just realized what you said here. I really need to get a bigger phone or stronger glasses. Well I guess you all know my water pump issue is fixed. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like you chose a level that put the slightest crown in the center of the awning. Is that right?

Because of where it's mounted I had to go with a combo. After figuring out the height it needed to be I drilled the bottom holes and they are through the flange right above the top of the slide room, to close for a nut to be installed. So I used a 14-1" stainless steel screw on the bottom and 2- 1" X 5/16 stainless Alan bolts then after I tightened them up I could feel there was still about 3/8" extra bolt. I removed the bolts and cut them down 3/8" and reinstalled.

this pic is the extra screws and bolts not the actual ones I used
bd607bc2f87d10cdb20291b9f3f6d178.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,
Did you have a pic of how far down you moved the bolts? Was going to look at the bolt holes and see if I can duplicate the same positions. No impact wrench here, but do have torque wrench to tigghten back up. What torque setting did you use? I have the same Bighorn 3270RS. Thanks

This is my third attempt this forum keeps deleting my post when I hit enter :/

Can you believe it I don't have any pictures. LOL
We dropped them down 2 bolt holes down to 11.5 inches off the ground. If you plan on using the Snap-Pads I think that is a good height. If your not going to use the Snap-Pads I would drop them down a bit more. Maybe down to 10" off the ground. That will give you about 5" of travel after they touch the ground.

As for torque I just pulled the trigger tell it stopped moving.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod I thought the cradle bracket was suppose to wrap around the tube?
It's under there. There is no adjustment in any way of how tight you can get that outer roller. Only 1 bolt hole
" light bulb" I have a drill ... LOL
I'm just going to take that outer roller bracket off

kdubinwa

I like the lower bracket only. It didn't look like the upper bracket did squat anyways.

Please let us know how it helps with rain pooling on the topper. That is a bigger hassle here in the northwest even more than having the awning sag a little.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I will give you an update if we get any more rain here. If not I'll make it rain
It definitely looks a lot better that's for sure

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

No worries... we're in the same boat. I'm barely coping with strong reading glasses and a big phone.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like you chose a level that put the slightest crown in the center of the awning. Is that right?
Very slight if any at all. I used my 6' level across the top as a straight edge and came out as close to perfect as I could with 2 hands standing on top of an 8' ladder ..

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update on my #@*%$^ water pump issue.
We are dry camping for a few days, so trying out my pump system now. Well now when I turn on my pump switch it will run and build up the pressure then shut off like normal, but then it will just continually grunt.
(gerrr-----gerr-----gerr-------gerr------gerr-------gerr-----gerr------gerr) sound like the dove that's been sitting on my chimney at home trying to fine a mate....
So my plan is when I get back home I'm going to move the one-way check valve to the soft line on the inlet side of the pump instead of where it is now.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update on my pump problem.. Good news
I've dug into my basement and removed the one-way check valve from the pressure side of my pump.... No more gerr---- gerr----gerr :) and so far the pump has not cyceled on it own for no reason yet. Wait and see. Happy so far.
But now until I find a way to install a one-way check valve before the pump to stop my fresh water tank from filling up while on city water.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks Dan he called me after he talked to you this morning. That's what made me dive into it. I did find a small leak. When I get back home I'll hunt down the brass fittings and change them out.

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Water pump mystery solved
Last night I was thinking about this and figured out why it was doing the (gerr----gerr----gerr) thing. The one-way check valve was only 6" away from the pump, this was holding all of the head pressure on the other side of the check valve, so there was no volume of pressure pushing back. When the pump would build up press and shut down all of that pressure was being held from coming back and keeping the pump off. When it would turn off there was only 6" of back presser, this was causing the gerr gerr gerr.
So I hope nobody installed there check valve where I did yet !!!!
I will now find a way to install one on the suction side of the pump some day soon.