How do you like this ??
A little country boy ingenuity !!!
I got the 72lbs up there by myself. And with out hurting anything. LOL
0f48b10276d21e13b85dd3e009bb0084.jpg

a80de9f6cbeab251971403a25e7cebcd.jpg

3a963e6cf4e73fe7009afc17827b8f89.jpg

21567af55a9c48f9eb17bbd327bceb23.jpg

d63d55bd50f8a6e613ed629d6f44b281.jpg

I almost had to break out the winch on the Jeep.

7e0c50d4579e6db4772c896f08c5686e.jpg

It's mounted

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update 7/8/16
Update on our new Dish Travler-1000
WE LOVE IT !!!!
What a difference from the little King Dish we've been using.
The HD quality is a lot better too especially in the bedroom, now that there's a Wally in there.

Update 6/29/16

After spending the afternoon activating and programing the Dish Wally box I have found that the Dish 211z is a better box for me. The only benefit I can find on the wally is the RF remote, that is nice not having to point it at the box to operate it. With the Wally you can not record your shows even with the hard drive attached. They say you can watch movies from a hard drive if they are already on there. Also you can not Stop, Pause, and Rewind, Live TV like you can with the 211z. (With Hard Drive Only)
My first choice would be the Hopper and the Joey's but I still want to be able to use my portable King Dish when needed, and it wont work with the Hopper
Bottom line here is I'm sending back the Wally and getting a 211z & hard drive

Dish is done 6/28/16
Mounted the dish this morning and ran the cables before the Sun was able to hit me.
Then went inside and installed the new Wally box and sat control box.
All is working perfectly.
I tryed to use a 90° coax fitting on the back of the box, it was bad and not letting the signal get to the Wally.
Fixed it now and ready for next week on the coast.

Link to the rest of the install
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=493652&viewfull=1#post493652
ee5198eadc128718acce65ed38b947fc.jpg

I found this small rack at OSH to hold the boxes and still get air to them. Also I can still use the other side for my clothes.

64899d6ca2fb692d97290d1da809369c.jpg

Last edited:

Bones

Dish is done
Mounted the dish this morning and ran the cables before the Sun was able to hit me.
Then went inside and installed the new Wally box and sat control box.
All is working perfectly.
I tryed to use a 90° coax fitting on the back of the box, it was bad and not letting the signal get to the Wally.
Fixed it now and ready for next week on the coast.
ee5198eadc128718acce65ed38b947fc.jpg

I found this small rack at OSH to hold the boxes and still get air to them. Also I can still use the other side for my clothes.

64899d6ca2fb692d97290d1da809369c.jpg

Looks good Jerrod. Why is the plate longer. Does the dish fold down on that plate when not used? What keep that thing from catching the wind and pulling up on it?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya Dave it has a little wheel that rolls down that plate when it goes down into the stowed position. The thing is built pretty well so I guess the wind doesn't bother it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update 7/8/16 Water regulator
This definitely made a nice difference. I have it set at about 55psi and now the shower feels like home. :cool:
Another successful Mod to improve our time spent in the RV.

Water regulator Mod...
I installed a good quality water regulator with the gauge. I used 2 - 45° hose bibs that I found at Camping World. I then made a support out of a closet hanger support that i had in my junk drawer.
Sense I use the quick-coupler system it needs to be firm and supported.
Also because of the weight of this regulator.
I also had to put a 45° brass fitting on the gauge so it will face the right direction.
d4f92947a3a86b9970d1ba98cea2c4a0.jpg

76c141c41dee3ffd9424875d6b448b83.jpg

c15beb09b2849b8f0950f4087d75d52a.jpg

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update on the Dish Wally verses the 211z

Update 7/1/16
Summery - When the Dish Network lady on the phone told me, that with the new Wally box I would not be able to pause and fast forward, rewind, or record live TV even with the hard drive I was ready to ship it back to them. Although it sounded wrong to me that there new technology would be missing that feature, I figured she knew what she's talking about. WRONG !!!!
I ordered a new Dish 211z box and the 1TB hard drive. Well after my fellow Heartlander and new friend Rich H. tried his (Wally box and hard drive) and it worked perfectly !!!! I plugged the new hard drive into my Wally box and formatted it, It works perfectly as Rich said it would. Thanks Rich
So now I have to try to catch UPS and refuse the new box or send it back. It is very frustrating when you talk to customer service and they don't know what the he%$ they are talking about Grrrr :/
If you don't know then don't answer the question.
So now I have the 211z in the living room and the Wally in the bedroom both with hard drives, this gives them the ability to Pause, rewind, fast forward, and record, shows. Just like the Hopper at home.
If I didn't have the portable King Dish and only had the new Travler 1000 on the roof I would just go with the Hopper and the Joeys
Never a dull moment around here.

Update 6/29/16
After spending the afternoon activating and programing the Dish Wally box I have found that the Dish 211z is a better box for me. The only benefit I can find on the wally is the RF remote, that is nice not having to point it at the box to operate it. With the Wally you can not record your shows even with the hard drive attached. They say you can watch movies from a hard drive if they are already on there. Also you can not Stop, Pause, and Rewind, Live TV like you can with the 211z. (With Hard Drive Only)
My first choice would be the Hopper and the Joey's but I still want to be able to use my portable King Dish when needed, and it wont work with the Hopper
Bottom line here is I'm sending back the Wally and getting a 211z & hard drive

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=493740&viewfull=1#post493740

Last edited:

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Hey Jerrod !! We're ALL new to this lifestyle, Owners club, and this forum. I REALLY Love reading your posts. I've seen you mention "OSH" several times. What is it ?? Thx

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

LOL OSH
Orchard Supply Hardware might be a west coast thing...

BTW Bill & Sue welcome to the forum

Last edited:

ksucats

Two questions I guess: Is the traveler an automatic device - that is does it find the satellites or do you have to program them into that electronic box before hand? Also, it appears to actually be lower than your vent covers / Air conditioners. Is it so when stowed? Looking for something to 'complement' our VuCube.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes just turn it on and watch it go.. it does all the work on its own. And yes it stows pretty low
I actually haven't stowed it yet to see how low with the shield on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
The travel'r does not raise the height of your trailer at all as it is lower in profile that your AC when stowed. It is fully automatic as long as you have AC Power.

Rod

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update 7/1/16
I just ordered this light weight tripod to see if I can mount the outside antenna to it. This way I can move it around depending on where I'm parked and what way the antenna needs to be facing. With this setup you do not want the outside antenna facing over the coach. So depending on how you are parked and where the cell tower is, having it on the roof TV antenna was part of my problem. Now if I mount it to the tripod and use that huge RG11 coax I think it should work good. I think I will try to tie into the coax under the slide so I won't have to run it through the window. DW wasn't to hip on that look.
b83cea0d-1e32-4bdd-bf7f-f9f278c27182_1.8704414c43e29307aeaab69e81500efb.jpeg

Post date of 6/30/16

All of my Wilson booster replacement parts came today.... It's a different antenna so it back to the drawing board to see if I can make it work I think I might just make the antenna portable for a while and see how that works.
We'll see
Jim you weren't kidding this RG11 coax is huge

74268c8daf6c5f6e815f8221108868f0.jpg

60470a479e8c258d240dd6242f1cd90c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update on the Dish Wally verses the 211z

Update 7/1/16
Summery - When the Dish Network lady on the phone told me, that with the new Wally box I would not be able to pause and fast forward, rewind, or record live TV even with the hard drive I was ready to ship it back to them. Although it sounded wrong to me that there new technology would be missing that feature, I figured she knew what she's talking about. WRONG !!!!
I ordered a new Dish 211z box and the 1TB hard drive. Well after my fellow Heartlander and new friend Rich H. tried his (Wally box and hard drive) and it worked perfectly !!!! I plugged the new hard drive into my Wally box and formatted it, It works perfectly as Rich said it would. Thanks Rich
So now I have to try to catch UPS and refuse the new box or send it back. It is very frustrating when you talk to customer service and they don't know what the he%$ they are talking about Grrrr :/
If you don't know then don't answer the question.
So now I have the 211z in the living room and the Wally in the bedroom both with hard drives, this gives them the ability to Pause, rewind, fast forward, and record, shows. Just like the Hopper at home.
If I didn't have the portable King Dish and only had the new Travler 1000 on the roof I would just go with the Hopper and the Joeys
Never a dull moment around here.