Project LM 365

Power247

I made the same 'mod' to the fence at our old house. Totally worth the time and effort. Nice job!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks
I did the neighbors side too so it would all match. They take good care of everything while we're gone all the time so I'm happy to give back to them. We have wonderful new neighbors now. That's a big difference from the last ones.
It will all get sealed/stained next week. I hope that's not too soon on fresh wood ?

Power247

Thanks
I did the neighbors side too so it would all match. They take good care of everything while we're gone all the time so I'm happy to give back to them. We have wonderful new neighbors now. That's a big difference from the last ones.
It will all get sealed/stained next week. I hope that's not too soon on fresh wood ?
If it's pressure treated and still wet feeling you should wait a few weeks and let it dry out some. It will take the stain/sealer much better

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Thanks

Always a good thing to take care of the neighbors. I'm hopeful I will have great neighbors in CO. I met 7 of them that I needed to get signatures from for my zoning variance. In isolation, they were all very nice. But some of them didn't think that all the neighbors were nice. We shall see.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I gave the water heater a little attention today.
After talking to Jim B. and reading other things on here about replacing the Anode rod every once in a while. I figured I had better do it.
I had my toy hauler 10 years and never touched it... I didn't even know it was a thing, until this forum.
So I jumped on Amazon order all of my parts and within a few days they were all here.
Today I had a little bit of time to take a look at it.
I flipped the pressure value up and removed the Anode rod it was actually stuck in the crap in the tank I had to work it in and out to get it past all of that gunk.
This is only 15 month old. :/ I can't imagine how bad my toyhauler must have been after 10 year's. LOL
Well I flushed out the tank with the little wash tool Jim told me to get and a bunch more came out.
Well it all good now.
I guess I'll have to start doing this annually.
01f998ba592384fa199f9c9ec98e0903.jpg

b7f117e2e5b70f309aa5e2beefecf9c0.jpg

d100d7cae7a7c7a6c09e2c222f6e3996.jpg

9aa843d4bb36309c5295db679f79ca94.jpg

1cd75fc069e0f7bc96695c13b1fa29bb.jpg

Thanks Jim once again.
I will put one in my kit of goodies along the new heating element and the other thing you had me order. Ready to help out any of my camping family members.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

oldelmer1

Jerrod,

If I'm going to be home for more than a month, I take mine out each time. I use a little sand paper on it to remove the crud and it cleans up like new.

jbeletti

Jim I can't believe it was that bad already.
Thanks again

As I understand it, anode rod life is mostly a function of the composition of the water that is passed through it.

My sense of your 10-year toyhauler anode rod is that you didn't have one - that you had an Atwood water heater that uses a glass-lined tank where no anode rod is needed. That, or your rod was GONE except for the wire and you just never knew it :)

ksucats

Harder water means shorter anode rod life. Its job is to sacrifice itself to protect the tank itself - all those white granules and flakey stuff (at least that is the color of mine when I flush my water heater out) are the minerals that have been taken out of the water through the chemical reaction with the materials in the anode rod. When we were on well water here I would change out the anode rod each Spring as we prepared to go to New Mexico to visit the family. When we returned I actually took the rod out and drained the water heater. Most times the anode rod was already down to the wire, just as Jerrod's is albeit not quite as wide a gap, by the end of two months of use. Depending on the number of home football games I would replace it or reuse and then remove it again when winterizing. Now that we are on city water I can get a full season off of one. Regardless, as Jim mentioned, those with Atwood water heaters don't have an anode rod as those tanks are glass lined.

Jerrod: Great work on the fence / gate as well. Oh, to have the mechanincal skills you display !!!

Bones

Very nice fence. I pulled out my anode rod and checked it at the beginning of the season. I think by this last upcoming planned trip I will be pulling it out and replacing it as I am going to semi winterize the camper after this trip. I'm sad to see our season come to a close.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dave sorry to hear your season is ending. That must suck. I don't think I could handle that. I guess that's why there are so many Snowbirds that flock down to Arizona for the winter.
Rhonda and I have 1 to 3 trips per month booked the rest of this year and January of next year mostly all on the coast. I think we're getting our moneys worth out of this one.
Life is good

Bones

Dave sorry to hear your season is ending. That must suck. I don't think I could handle that. I guess that's why there are so many Snowbirds that flock down to Arizona for the winter.
Rhonda and I have 1 to 3 trips per month booked the rest of this year and January of next year mostly all on the coast. I think we're getting our moneys worth out of this one.
Life is good

Our season goes with school and the girls have a lot of after school activities and games on the weekends. unfortunately that puts a kink in the camping ability and being able to plan trips. typically what happens now would be calling places at last minute to see if they have any availability?