Project LM 365

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Perfect Erika, how do you like it ? and is it holding up ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We got the same one put on our previous hitch, a Reese, back in 2012. JayC has that hitch now, and I'm sure it's still holding up great. So when we went to Elkhart in 2014, we had one put on our B&W. it doesn't fit as well on this hitch, but it does the job.

Only compliant is that the welded buttons can rust if not painted, and if they extend above the teflon, they wear on the hitch plate, rubbing off the paint and then rust. I've repainted the buttons a few times. ;)

But no more kingpin mounted teflon disks needed, ever!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

Jerrod nice hitch plate. That would work nice on mine. I scratch my 5th wheel when backing up to hitch up because the disc hasn't hit yet. Glad your getting the truck soon I'm sure it will be a nice vehicle. It will be interesting to see how it hooks up and levels out with your rig. I saw a new ford dually yesterday in a parking lot.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Erika, the Reese hitch that we bought from you is working great. No problems with probably close to 10,000 miles on it pulling the LM.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Erika, the Reese hitch that we bought from you is working great. No problems with probably close to 10,000 miles on it pulling the LM.

Good to hear, Jay! I was specifically talking about the teflon plate welded to the top, it's still doing its job, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Ok the grill hoist is over the top cool....but i aint retired yet and aint got time fo dat!!....luckily i got a ramp up the back of my trailer...so i use this from costco

Its super handy and folds up tiny!!

Now that lube plate i do want...where to order and how did u weld the buttons on??.is it no longer removable/replaceable???

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

I have one of those fold-up dollies too. Used it yesterday to move some real heavy boxes around the house. Really handy.

But - they won't lift my smoker up into my RV :( May need MORryde or someone to construct v2 of the Jerrod Lift :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod nice hitch plate. That would work nice on mine. I scratch my 5th wheel when backing up to hitch up because the disc hasn't hit yet. Glad your getting the truck soon I'm sure it will be a nice vehicle. It will be interesting to see how it hooks up and levels out with your rig. I saw a new ford dually yesterday in a parking lot.
Dave this is 10 years of abuse on my Reese and I've always used the Teflon disc.
08ac6495dd8eb11616fd20ff192a426c.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I've herd alot of good things about the B&W and I like the release better. No more pulling my shoulder out of socket releasing the Reese.
Hope I like it. Also no flopping side to side when going around turns.
Clunk clunk.

Bones

I've herd alot of good things about the B&W and I like the release better. No more pulling my shoulder out of socket releasing the Reese.
Hope I like it. Also no flopping side to side when going around turns.
Clunk clunk.

Yeah my hitch has jammed on me twice trying to get it to release. Yes it does have play in it too and it seems to be wearing on one side of my pin. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm a truck Driver I like a real fithwheel hitch. The ball hitch you have to be more precise when hooking up too. You can't just aim and get close.

IronJ

I'm a truck Driver I like a real fithwheel hitch. The ball hitch you have to be more precise when hooking up too. You can't just aim and get close.

And that makes what difference with the 90 cameras you will have??..

Lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish