Project LM 365

sjandbj

The new Ford TPMS sensors will not fit on the 17.5 Landmark wheels... :(

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That just sucks. Unfortunately when your on the cutting edge or new products this is the only way to find this stuff out. Ford did not put much thought into this option when it comes to RV's. Work trailers might be a different story.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here's what it looks like without the air bags. I will be adding them to get a better ride.
8620c9a986611bba0e80236b8cb02578.jpg

36b4b72c5330b14ca8539579e958ed9a.jpg

As it sits here My front SnapPads are at 9.5" and the rear SnapPads are also at 9.5"
Perfectly level !!!!!!
18f24a8e2992c9d84d0d30c4b269bd60.jpg

ded6310b81af3842249f2ae027c7d56c.jpg

Bed height unloaded
58"
a9cf4948abb5272a2c8207c828d2d7dd.jpg

Bed height loaded
54". No air bag's
f0e2183f07014f4875831271782069d4.jpg

Top of bed rail to the bottom of the trailer is 8.5"
Pinbox not aired up all the way.
Could go up 1 more inch.

16c11d1b38dbf8026792fbf5dc921f45.jpg

1f72631e1ce4907bc748825ae2914774.jpg

So all in all I think I'm close enough to perfect. When I add the air bags it will pump it up 2" more maybe :/

I think I could move my pinbox up on the trailer 1 more bolt hole if I have too.

Last edited:

IronJ

I was told you could swap those ford tpms stems off the sensor??? Do they seperate/un screw??

And i tried to tell people the higher bed was not a big deal...lol...

Your setup looks awesome...but thats all moot...because looks and tpms aside, i know DARN WELL that truck brings a smile when you tow!!!!...

Im not a fan because i like ford, im a fan because ive towed with/owned them all...some things are subjective, but the overall towing performance of that rig is NOT....

now that mine is deleted and tuned its literally the difference between a stock 7.3 and a stock 6.7....no comparison what so ever!!

If only it wasnt so expensive to play towing fun games!!....lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Kathi-27

Jerrod. from your post you pull a lot. was wondering if you have had any problems with spring hanger flex our shackle problems or have you already installed cross members on hangers and wet bolts. figured with your mods your close to max weight and parking your rig at home you have to really cut sharp.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

No I haven't done anything there yet. I have plans to change the entire suspension over to air ride suspension soon.
Either Dexter or Trailer FlexAir "I think the other one is called".

I did have that problem my toyhauler and had to repair a broken hanger and beef everything else up.
I don't have any houses across from me so it dose make things a lot easier to back in. And I try not to make U-turns or any other sharp turn if at all possible.

Kathi-27

No I haven't done anything there yet. I have plans to change the entire suspension over to air ride suspension soon.
Either Dexter or Trailer FlexAir "I think the other one is called".

I did have that problem my toyhauler and had to repair a broken hanger and beef everything else up.
I don't have any houses across from me so it dose make things a lot easier to back in. And I try not to make U-turns or any other sharp turn if at all possible.

thanks for the info.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Overall the rig to your new truck looks pretty good - congrats. We did add the Firestone AirLift bags to our truck because it squatted more than we would have liked it to but only added about 30-35 lbs of pressure to level it. We also added CenterPoint AirRide to the LM to soften the interior ride. For some reason our 2015 coach rode extremely harder than any of the other 4 coaches in the past. I have ridden in the camper and now she is much softer traveling down the road.

sjandbj

Nice job on Grill lift V2. Looks sweet. Soon you will be able to put out a large catalog with all the mods and package them giving Black Friday specials. So much for retirement after that.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Jerrod, I guess I should have checked here first, before I posted to the other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I wanted to comment about the brakes on the new F350...
With to GMC I have always had trouble in a panic stopping situation. Also I was getting a pulsating peddle going down big mountains. I turned the rotors and it didn't make a difference, so I install all new brakes and new rotors... STILL DOES IT. Also set the trailer brakes at 10 Max and they really don't seem to do much.
I have the Titan disc brakes here to install but I wanted to try the same setup with the new ford before I installed the new brakes.
Well I cant feel much of a difference on the drum from the GMC to the Ford !!!!
Driving the GMC I always had to worry about if something happened in front of me would I be able to stop in time, and where I was going to be able bale out to one side or the other. I've had a few close calls that scared the you know what out of me. Truck set on 10 and peddle to the floor

Well the other night on our first trip with the new Ford we were going down a hill following a empty cattle truck when the stop light at the bottom of the hill turn yellow then red and the truck did a quick stop and so did we. The Ford stopped us with no effort at all and I could of stopped even sooner. My GMC I would of had to bale out to the left or to the right of the cattle truck I know it wouldn't have stopped in time. That's why I bought the disc brakes.

I will still be installing the disc brakes very soon and will have that much more piece of mind while traveling

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
You will enjoy having the disc brakes. Had them installed on my 2016 Big Horn and I have my brake controller on my F350 set a 7. I could go higher and have the trailer stop my truck also, but 7 is fine for now.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm not worried about now high they go I just want to make sure they don't go to low, and I can watch and make sure they are where they belong before I hit the road. I run them at 110psi.
Then with my TST system hidden under my seat or in my center console side compartment it will alarm me if I have a problem.