Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

All good to know I'm usually not that technical. Turn it on and go for it !!! If it doesn't work try something different.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I finished modifying the box and then sent it out to be powder coated instead of sprayed it with bed liner.
Now all I have left to do is extend the wire harness to reach the plug.

b3d3f922d527abee60296e1223484295.jpg

14ec19d482023311a397443ca19770df.jpg

566e8f22b667fd76e6d39e0cf7788512.jpg

7c8fbba373efa52ac0a3ca078d0cd970.jpg

981d2d0bd963d56bde3db6afff8f4746.jpg
2057715bd1810e1580d3d541ff745fff.jpg
f121baf6329256371f2de05c1e9935f7.jpg

I'll have to do a little touch up spray on the bed behind the box.
I went with a wrinkle paint on the box. Should look good.

8amps

Trying to figure out what your asking ?

I don't understand anything at all about what you're talking about. (And always amazed and in awe of all the mods you do Jess). But when I read this, I thought of Mr. Mom and that scene with Michael Keaton where his wife's boss comes over and he's putting on a front and he says something along the lines of converting power to 220. And he says 220, 221 whatever it takes. (That'd be me, no clue on this stuff).

Thanks for sharing all your ideas.

bdb2047

On your wire harness extension.Ford has extensions for trailer harness.Could one those be made to work?When talking to a Ford rep he said getting plug into
bed was something they were looking at.Be interested to see how you make out with extension I will soon be in same position. Have you run camera cable in trailer yet?I am thinking of using A/C duct to get from back to front of trailer.

CarterKraft

I don't understand anything at all about what you're talking about. (And always amazed and in awe of all the mods you do Jess). But when I read this, I thought of Mr. Mom and that scene with Michael Keaton where his wife's boss comes over and he's putting on a front and he says something along the lines of converting power to 220. And he says 220, 221 whatever it takes. (That'd be me, no clue on this stuff).

Thanks for sharing all your ideas.
That's pretty funny, I know that scene well. We use that regularly when we are over our heads.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

On your wire harness extension.Ford has extensions for trailer harness.Could one those be made to work?When talking to a Ford rep he said getting plug into
bed was something they were looking at.Be interested to see how you make out with extension I will soon be in same position. Have you run camera cable in trailer yet?I am thinking of using A/C duct to get from back to front of trailer.
I've been trying to find a email of someone high up in the design of the Super Duty truck line to hopefully get them to make a harness extension for there future trucks.
If any of you know anyone pass it on to me please.
Right now I've been surfing the web trying to find the 12pin plugs. Went to ford yesterday and they were no help.
As for running the cord I haven't started that task yet. Never thought of the ducting.
That would be tuff to get it up there in the front.
I'll run mine underneath along with a few other wires fore the backup lights and who knows what else.

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
Have you found a path for the wiring from the pin box to the underbelly yet? I too have installed backup lights and have ran the wire to the front Generator cabinet, but from there, I'm kind of lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

...I'll run mine underneath along with a few other wires fore the backup lights and who knows what else.

Like you, I find running wires within the underbelly to be a pretty easy affair, especially with the drop frame design. I use cheap fiberglass wire-pulling rods (Harbor Freight) and have pushed them the from the storage bay, all the way to the fresh water tank.

porthole

Retired

Hopefullyforyou,Job2

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully for you, Job 2

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Have you found a path for the wiring from the pin box to the underbelly yet? I too have installed backup lights and have ran the wire to the front Generator cabinet, but from there, I'm kind of lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, use a fish tape and shove it through below the framing and above the sheeting going from the Gen/battery compartment towards the pinbox.
I'll have to cut or disassemble the Ford harness to get it through there. At the same time I'll run my wire harness for my Titan brake controller and my backup lights.
That's a lot of wire's to push through there. Hope it works !!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Playing with the new band saw today.
I hate to have things rattling around making noises in the cab of the truck.
I have some foam block I saved from the packaging of my Jeep shocks.
I cut out the inside to fit the tape measure with my multi-tool and then cut it down to size with the band saw to fit in the door pouch.
Nothing fancy but it work good.

2aae7c3bdc3444ecbfbcc44818b333b5.jpg

33a6349bc709bc9fdbdcccbb1e597bfb.jpg

eebfed12396f086318e1de0d490c593d.jpg

1324c6480fbb2c1f9e8a79ce546764b2.jpg

f82f1f17dfdcfc4d2a5a1ca15125ec8e.jpg

CarterKraft

I've been trying to find a email of someone high up in the design of the Super Duty truck line to hopefully get them to make a harness extension for there future trucks.
If any of you know anyone pass it on to me please.
Right now I've been surfing the web trying to find the 12pin plugs. Went to ford yesterday and they were no help.
As for running the cord I haven't started that task yet. Never thought of the ducting.
That would be tuff to get it up there in the front.
I'll run mine underneath along with a few other wires fore the backup lights and who knows what else.

Can you get some close up pix of the 12 pin plug\receptacle?I have a decent nack for finding obscure connectors.

I would imagine Hopkins would be on top of an extension harness but you'll be at the mercy of production.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here's the double plug I'll take a picture of the harness tomorrow.
63cae24709b791bd723de15c4640752b.jpg

1068867ee2c731107e7b8e35f61b34d7.jpg

I see the tailgate camera system uses the same plug so I might try to get one of those tomorrow.

CarterKraft

Here's the double plug I'll take a picture of the harness tomorrow.

I see the tailgate camera system uses the same plug so I might try to get one of those tomorrow.

I was going to suggest this Deutsch connector to make a extension but I understand the not wanting to cut the factory harness.

But looking a the plug, I believe that (the rectangle 12 pin) is a standard ish fomoco plug.
I'll do some looking.

Hopkins should have the other 7 pin extension.

Last edited: