Project LM 365

CarterKraft

I was afraid of that, my experiences with RV wiring are not that great either. All wiring seams to defy logic, at least when looking for wires after the fact.

I wonder if you could use the + wire going to the light from the switch to fish another wire up to it to pick up the ground.

Miltp920

THANKS for sharing those weight tickets. That tells the true story about how much truck you need to pull one of these 365s.

TxCowboy

High on my Best of Mods list.
Got rid of the High Pointe microwave and installed the Samsung. Much better unit
d0b9e7412c80e6e38a1a34b88f2d84f2.jpg

Jerrod, which model Samsung is this? While I like the ease of the convection side of the Highpointe, the microwave is only 900W which is not recommended for use for most foods that I microwave.

Thanks!

EDIT: One additional thought as I looked at this picture. My wife and I rarely use the sink covers. We have one stored in the vertical storage under the cooktop. With the other, we put it under the coffee pot (ours is exactly where you placed your coffee pot) with the vinyl cutting board side down to protect the counter. It even has the hole in the sink cover/cutting board so you can pull it forward with one hand. It just makes working with the coffee pot very easy plus the sink covers are the same color as the countertop. :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod, which model Samsung is this? While I like the ease of the convection side of the Highpointe, the microwave is only 900W which is not recommended for use for most foods that I microwave.

Thanks!

EDIT: One additional thought as I looked at this picture. My wife and I rarely use the sink covers. We have one stored in the vertical storage under the cooktop. With the other, we put it under the coffee pot (ours is exactly where you placed your coffee pot) with the vinyl cutting board side down to protect the counter. It even has the hole in the sink cover/cutting board so you can pull it forward with one hand. It just makes working with the coffee pot very easy plus the sink covers are the same color as the countertop. :)
The Samsung MC17F808KDT
It has been working great until yesterday DW was doing a preheat and the fan for the oven started making noise so I need to call best buy and have then replace it.
I'm glad I got it from Best-buy ..
I had originally ordered it from Amazon then cancelled it because best buy had it on sale for less.

2dbfb6008a7487af6e86c4360b50a394.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Good idea on the coffee pot. Do you leave it up there when you travel ?
We leave ours on that nonslip mat and it doesn't budge. Hasn't moved at bit even on California roads.

Last edited:

ksucats

Jerrod: What are your thoughts on why the fan in the Samsung failed? I've often wondered if the ones factory installed were 'hardened' in any way to take the abuse of the roads. That said, the residential refrigerators are not, and I'm mildly concerned on how long ours will hold up given KS, OK, and CO roads that we travel.

TxCowboy

<snip>I got a recall letter a while back about the pins on the steps failing. Hadn't had anything done about it yet though.

What recall letter?

- - - Updated - - -

Good idea on the coffee pot. Do you leave it up there when you travel ?
We leave ours on that nonslip mat and it doesn't budge. Hasn't moved at bit even on California roads.

We have space in the lower cabinets when moving.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod: What are your thoughts on why the fan in the Samsung failed? I've often wondered if the ones factory installed were 'hardened' in any way to take the abuse of the roads. That said, the residential refrigerators are not, and I'm mildly concerned on how long ours will hold up given KS, OK, and CO roads that we travel.
I don't think that High ponte would hold up at all it felt cheaper, just opening the door on it and it took twice as long to heat things up. Not sure what my issue is yet just sounds like the fan is rubbing something in there

Bryced15

What recall letter?

Here is a picture of my letter. Yours may not fall into the 11/3/14 through 2/28/15 build period, but if not, you should still contact Heartland to let them know that steps outside of their time period are also failing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 173

TxCowboy

Here is a picture of my letter. Yours may not fall into the 11/3/14 through 2/28/15 build period, but if not, you should still contact Heartland to let them know that steps outside of their time period are also failing.

Thanks for posting this. My Key West does fall within this build window. When it was delivered to our park a couple of weeks ago, the upper right bolt (as you face the steps) had fallen out and had to be replaced. I also put some bracing under the bottom step because I thought that it flexed too much.

Now I see there was a recall. Looks like I'll be calling Heartland on Monday to see whether this recall action has been applied to this Key West.

Unless there is another way to check that status...

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine was good he upper left and I also have to support the bottom because it is so flimsy.

Last edited:

TxCowboy

Update to my post immediately above -- I just checked the steps and two more of the major nut/bolts are loose and the steps won't fold up.

Time to put on some work clothes and figure out what's going on with these steps.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just got home and opened up the new LED dimmer switch.

524930725fc4c7d074690f23f2d94f6b.jpg

The non LED dimmer definitely didn't work properly, it had a mind of it's own.
If the two wires are already ran through the switch opening it should be pretty easy to wire in. I would just use the ground for the light. This is probably allot more difficult trying to do this when its not in front of you.

View attachment 40056

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Found everything I needed right there in the wall
Power wire
light wire
Ground wire
Real simple and all works great now
ec5e61b5fc839a98c57a4871950efbd5.jpg
9df43117e47169da83b1cb527a51f2d7.jpg
fac87d300449e6ac2fc2fdb07ed3b51c.jpg
f5c6795f25598162fac511ad9d978add.jpg

jbeletti

At the Hershey show, I got a bit of LED lighting education from Gregg Wilson (RV LED Lites). Gregg told me that accurate dimming of LED lighting requires a PWM (pulse width modulation) dimming circuit design rather than a linear dimming circuit design. Dimming LEDs with linear design circuits result in minimal dimming and a cut-off at some voltage.

So - use a PWM based design dimmer for LEDs. That was my take away.

Gregg designed the Starlights product in 2005 and later sold his interest in it. He has now updated his designs and sells under the RV LED Lites name. Might have to have Gregg speak at a rally :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds like a good guy to know Jim.. Like yourself !!!!
Ya that's exactly what happened after my batteries started going down in voltage the light quit reacting to the dimmer.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update Version 2.0 Moved tubes to a better location
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=508857&viewfull=1#post508857

Another Mod finished
My storage tubes came from Heartland Friday. And of course one of them had damage to one end. Luckily I was cutting the caps and tabs off anyway to mount my cover. I moved them forward to match my Heartland owners plaque that covers that big white sticker on my frame. Also to make them a bit easier to get to near the docking station.
03e8eaa18bda55ff7efaba40324b3fd0.jpg
2e85f1734dd98febbedf2e3439e7be65.jpg
6a3f1dc285c4f189eb5e9af46e429f66.jpg
1d73ac7aec15a73ec342859acab8f656.jpg

1efbc9bf6affb0072528c30d7742ea54.jpg

428a55d161e38e9b92932a3e50f539d0.jpg

This was the first cover I had mad
1fce8cde11ef0628abdea428e64bce79.jpg

Last edited: