Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Up date I just called Joshua from Heartland and he made a mistake and shipped me the wrong switch. He is now sending me the right switch. Now I need to reinstall this old switch again. Live and learn, as they say. But I never learn ....
I wish I would of went with my gut and made him send me the right one in the first place.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CarterKraft

That would work on the truck with a compressor and air tank. But would not work on at Trail-air pin box

Not being argumentative but I think a Haldex valve could easily be adapted to maintain the correct ride height of the pin box I think.
A bracket would be made to hold the auto valve attached to the two bolts on the top of the pin box. A linkage rod could could be connected to the lower shock mount and adjusted to correctly position the pin box at the "arrows" on the shock.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes you could definitely make it work. Anything is possible.
you would need a constant air supply from an onboard air system.
And if I were to do it it would have to all be done inside the pin box so you couldn't see it from the out side.
I use those values on the trucks and all of my air ride trailers.
I have just an on off air compressor on my TV with no reservoir tank.
That type of valve requires a good air system to supply air to it constantly to operate properly.
Definitely would be a cool setup though.

jbeletti

Up date I just called Joshua from Heartland and he made a mistake and shipped me the wrong switch. He is now sending me the right switch. Now I need to reinstall this old switch again. Live and learn, as they say. But I never learn ....
I wish I would of went with my gut and made him send me the right one in the first place.

Thanks for the update - now we know they have not stopped using the TRC with Surge Protection.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Coulper more project Mods done today.
Very small one to share with you
This is to keep my extension cord and my BBQ hose at easy access without digging into totes in the basement.
I found these Velcro straps with the clip on them at Home depot.
Drilled a 17/64" hole in the brace in front of the curb side propane tank compartment. And installed a eye bolt.
Just clip them on and they are out of sight and out of the way, but right there when you need them.
119b94342a1e83fb2d70ee296f32dcd2.jpg

1f9de023b976d54fab4d76d7758ffd28.jpg
ec61f60f498db96e1a073cd27fc5da36.jpg
34fdfee11892498cfed10caac278c04f.jpg
f18607fcc9dfb7a86bd6ba19829fb78a.jpg

TxCowboy

Up date I just called Joshua from Heartland...

Just a short side-road in this thread....

I've worked with Joshua from Heartland on a couple of issues and he is truly AWESOME! If every Customer Service guy/gal that works in the RV industry was as thoughtful and thorough as Joshua, this industry would be much, much better.

Thanks, HL and particularly to Joshua!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread comments.... :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Next project Mod
I've been wanting to make my basement wall a little easier to remove when needed. So I made a bracket to slip one side of the wall into. I had the supply's and the idea in my head so while the basement was still empty from working on the transfer switch I figured I would knock it out.
I took a 6' x 1.5" flat aluminum stock and cut 2- 32" pieces, drill 3 - 1/4" holes in one piece.
Then welded the two pieces together at just the right angle. I had only used my welder with the aluminum wire and Aragon 1 time many years ago.
So needless to say I had to learn all over again. A wire feed welder (not the best setup for Aluminum) trying to push aluminum wire through a 8' tube was giving me all kinds of fits.
Well after about 15" or 20" inches of bubble gum welds I finally had it dieled in for a decent 3" or 4" weld...
Luckily I'm pretty good with the angel grinder to make all of my mess disappear.
In reality this was more work then it will save me when I need to remove the wall. Basically eliminated 3 screws. Now instead of removing 6 screws I only have to remove 3. LOL
bf900ced11ce72e97c2df144886f2f33.jpg
5832e30df5d350b29cbda9cc1bb2ccef.jpg
dc359f3865bf4fbdc401e6eb3b3437f9.jpg
bb8147e74b701f6ade88b12018b5ff9f.jpg
3c6dccc6f0971cebde05ef258cb8499b.jpg
cd0684b1fa06f88a81d26c3faf27adf3.jpg
8db6d5be0a491b77c1b52972b83b533f.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I found this rubber try at Lowes today.
I have a ton of room on top of my Generator fire box and wanted something to put on top of it that would fit through the door. (Found it) now I can store my parts try and a few other things up there without them falling off the other side or falling into the battery and electrical side and casing any problems.
3e4e4acbd628e55065d0d5e95306fc77.jpg

c359f8c20670888013cb6c8c710521cc.jpg

5af422f8aeb8b783368217c8011ef3c3.jpg

Bones

You did a nice mod on the basement wall. I like your idea of hanging some of your stuff in the propane area too.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks Dave
I'm working on a quik latching system now for the basement wall.
Give it a few days or sometimes weeks, and it will come to me. It usually happens at night while I'm sleeping and I will wake up with the solution in my head. It happens all the time. Even when I was a mechanic if I couldn't figure out what was wrong with something, I would wake up the next morning and have the answer.
Kinda weird

Bones

Thanks Dave
Give it a few days or sometimes weeks, and it will come to me. It usually happens at night while I'm sleeping and I will wake up with the solution in my head. It happens all the time. Even when I was a mechanic if I couldn't figure out what was wrong with something, I would wake up the next morning and have the answer.
Kinda weird

A good kind. I may borrow your idea for the propane area to keep some stuff. I plan on bringing the trailer back in another week of so to work on it. I wish I could keep it on the side of the house and I could just work on it when I can.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya that's a good and bad thing all at the same time. It's convenient but it never ends and gets expensive. $$$$ LOL.

I have a 15" 50amp extension cord I'm going to try to fit in the other side. I never use it but I did need one once. So I picked one up and now it's just in my way in the basement.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I hang a few cords/cables/hoses in my propane compartments also. I also hang a number of items in my basement for easy access instead of digging in tubs or crates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Thanks Dave
Kinda weird

I do the same thing. DW thinks I'm weird too. LOL :)