Project LM 365

Bones

I have one "DW" LOL
Good idea but I don't have the before readings

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Funny

- - - Updated - - -

I just ordered one!!!
we'll have to compare it to somebody else's rig. Or put mine back to factory and test it out thanks Dave
062efe5d5894339b27f69262a1dfe708.jpg

Yup. At least this way you can take some type of measurement to tell you if your going in the right direction. Just always measure before running the pump to get your background noise

jbeletti

Jerrod - you quieted it down some but still a fair amount of sewing-machine-like hammering. Is your pump the VSD version (variable speed)?

How many taps did you have open when you did the video?

How much water in your fresh water tank?

Reason I ask all this is that my pump is now REAL quiet. I replaced the Remco with the Aquajet 55-ARV by Aquatec. Remco makes their own version and Heartland uses the Remco/Aquatec unit. I really think they're the same thing - so I don't think that's your issue.

But if you don't have a variable speed pump - maybe it runs full-out, no matter the demand.

Today, I had a full tank of water when I got home and had to dump it. Takes hours to gravity drain it so I pumped it out in about 20 minutes by running the pump with 2 taps open. When it got to the end of the tank, the pump got noisy for about 30 seconds until there was no pumpable water left. Tomorrow I will put a bucket under the tank drain to get the rest out.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It sounds a lot worse on the video then it really is.
That was 1 tap open
It is the Remco variable speed pump.
92c5b6afaffe363c00f3eae735d149f1.jpg

Tanks about 1/2 full

You can still hear it from inside but nothing like it was

I wish I would of done the noise meter test like Dave said before and after each change I've made.

jbeletti

It sounds a lot worse on the video then it really is.
That was 1 tap open
It is the Remco variable speed pump.

Tanks about 1/2 full

You can still hear it from inside but nothing like it was

I wish I would of done the noise meter test like Dave said before and after each change I've made.

Look on the side panel of the box to see if it's the ARV or AES.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Completed another Mod today.
This one is a convenience Mod. I tried one of the battery operated motion lights under my bathroom sink, but it only works when it wanted to. I think that last pack of battery motion light are junk. They definitely don't work as good as the first 2 I bought.
I installed a LED light strip and motion sensor under my bathroom sink. It was really dark under there, which made it hard to find what I'm looking for.
I decided to use one of the free switch's in the control panel as a master switch so if I ever want to turn if off I could, just like I did on my pantry lights.

cc5a64f1c8e6266372efcec57a708909.jpg
43c8a2c77a26ba0277fea6fa280996c6.jpg
c2e8c31c48747295bfc01b71ff254599.jpg
4fcaf5f82c9fe22322a7c7f3d9b812a9.jpg
3baa9aaaab5debc6f655fb2d0a506180.jpg

richheck

Seasoned Member
Jerrod, when you installed your awning light dimmers, where do you locate the negative for the black wire?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Rich I installed it right behind the plastic slide cover inside the outer mounting channel.
It is directional positive coming in, red to red black to black then the same thing going to the LED light strip.
dc745a344274ffaa3a89f543b5a2adbd.jpg
f36a77ee50e585aa0b114a65ffea5af0.jpg
73679d3e9fd8ef9bdd8f766d16359b85.jpg

Bones

I could make him cry to hear my pump. It just sort of purrs :)

Ha ha. Post it.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Completed another Mod today.
This one is a convenience Mod. I tried one of the battery operated motion lights under my bathroom sink, but it only works when it wanted to. I think that last pack of battery motion light are junk. They definitely don't work as good as the first 2 I bought.
I installed a LED light strip and motion sensor under my bathroom sink. It was really dark under there, which made it hard to find what I'm looking for.
I decided to use one of the free switch's in the control panel as a master switch so if I ever want to turn if off I could, just like I did on my pantry lights.

3baa9aaaab5debc6f655fb2d0a506180.jpg

Jerrod,
Does the little red light come on when your water heater comes on for gas. I'm talking about the red light above the 12 volt switch

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Jerrod, or Jesstalking as we refer to you now, I have been thoroughly entertained by your thread and have told many other Heartland folks to go read the lm365 project thread for great ideas. The way you illustrate your mods and fixes with pictures and showing your sources is very helpful. You are going to be the star attraction at the Vegas Rally. We will be in Vegas during the Rally although not participating in the Rally. If possible I would like to meet you and personally thank you for your helpful suggestions. Thank you for the tip yesterday on what the heck that flex gizmo was for. Now I'll quit trying to figure out how it fits the refrigerator hold downs. Oh, by the way this thread is going to hit a thousand responses soon, so here's helpin out.
Hogan Cooper

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Steve, Amazon is letting me down. The sound meter wont be here tell the 10th. See you Saturday

Jerrod, I found a decibel meter app for IPhone for 99 cents. Can't say how accurate it is yet but you could have it in 2 minutes.
Hogan
- - - Updated - - -

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod, or Jesstalking as we refer to you now, I have been thoroughly entertained by your thread and have told many other Heartland folks to go read the lm365 project thread for great ideas. The way you illustrate your mods and fixes with pictures and showing your sources is very helpful. You are going to be the star attraction at the Vegas Rally. We will be in Vegas during the Rally although not participating in the Rally. If possible I would like to meet you and personally thank you for your helpful suggestions. Thank you for the tip yesterday on what the heck that flex gizmo was for. Now I'll quit trying to figure out how it fits the refrigerator hold downs. Oh, by the way this thread is going to hit a thousand responses soon, so here's helpin out.
Hogan Cooper
Hogan thanks so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it. People like you and those who reply and comment make all of this worthwhile for me.
We will be in Vegas Monday night and doing an open house on Tuesday at 12:00 for all to come by and check out the rig inside and out. Then Wednesday most of the gang is going golfing and other activities. But we should be around. If the door is open im there to share with any of you.
Hogen I've heard that you're not able to get into the event but we'll have to check and see if your able to come in and check out our rig. Maybe you can check with Jim or Julie and see.
Thanks again and see you soon

PS to 95% of you...
I am horrible with names not just bad "horrible" if it wasn't for DW I'd forget my name. There are a few of your user names that I've seen enough times that I will remember you "hogen" is now one of them.
Please please please don't be offended if I have that I don't remember you look on my face.
Happy travels
Jerrod

Bones

Jerrod,
I have a thought on your pump. This is something we did for our filtration systems. You would need to build a box larger than the pump and be able to slide the box down over the pump. On the inside of the box you should install some egg foam or sound damping insulation. To help the pump pulsations you would need some type of accumulation tank installed after the pump to help the pump keep pressure and possibly keep the pulsation down. I don't know if the accumulation tank will help but that could be a try for you. There are several ways you could build the box so this way is just a suggestion. You could build it so that the water hoses can pass through holes or they go into a sealed slot the diameter of the hose after the hose has been insullated from vibrations.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
10-4 thanks
I just had DW run the pump with me under there and found all of he lines really moving from the pulsation of the pump so I made a little mount to stop them from moving.

It sounded way worse then it really is from underneath the basement however you can barely hear it from inside .

Our pump isn't "silent" but much quieter than the day we brought the BH home. It's barely noticeable in the coach but audible while in the bathroom. I added more rubber under the feet (I like your foam platform) and I really reduced the jack hammer sounds by wrapping any/all of my pex with 1/2" foam pipe insulation from Lowes eliminating any place the pex touches another pex line or anything else I could see.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just whipped up a custom 7-way kit for TikiDawg's rig !!!!
We'll slap on Saturday if we have time
$50 - 7-way cord
$10 - 7-way box
$7 - RV plug
Well worth it once you start using it, you'll love it.
Pros...
1) Cord easily stores out of the way when not in use and when pulling away or backing in.
2) Cord stays off of the TV bed and eliminates the chance of it getting tangled in something
3) It replaces the factory electrical box with all of the loose wire nuts inside.
4) looks real nice under there.
5) Easy access to check wires if ever needed
6) Mostly weather proof

Cons.
1) Just price I guess

5ba8a2f57b9971a039c09a65b5b140d6.jpg
c9d82d0626bf042fa667d26fe84e834d.jpg
ca2140cff9cd2a3423526540ce2cd1b5.jpg
8f060848187c2105d35cdcd98ddfea7d.jpg
49d522ac16dc83eb00e18e4723a2d665.jpg