Project LM 365

kdubinwa

Nice huh!?

Here's a few things I noticed about Heartland's production methods:

When I was installing my surge protector I needed to temporarily remove one vent hose. Noticed it was heavy and sagging in the middle. It was full of big chunks of wood...It contained the round plugs from the rough out through the floor of my bathroom plumbing! I ended up disconnecting every run I could to either snake the shop vac hose inside or just remove the entire vent hose to clean it. That's inexcusable IMO.

When I was mouse proofing I discovered many rough cut wiring access holes through metal where no wire loom was used. The coating on some had already started to chafe.

My brand new folding dinette chairs were not strapped down well in the front compartment and the plastic bag did not cover their legs. Consequently on my 2200 mile trip to pick up the 5ver the finish got rubbed off the legs and the flooring underneath the bed. I covered the flooring with felt to avoid a repeat and I'm waiting to see if customer service can identify the type of finish. Customer service doesn't ship stain or varnish I was told. Of course not... that would be too easy.

Even worse, my electric brake wires underneath the coach were connected with wire nuts and not sealed or covered. I arrived home from my delivery trip with no nut and only the memory twist of the bare wire keeping my driver side brakes connected.

First world problems for sure, but easily avoided if a few improvements were implemented at the factory.

I now return your thread to regular programming...

You might not be surprised about this one.
Looks like the Heartland factory was using my bedroom heater vent as a dust pan during construction.
99d810f1ba0118a46c3631cff3909679.jpg
38424f460b358978558e12b33e6a70dc.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Nice huh!?

Here's a few things I noticed about Heartland's production methods:

When I was installing my surge protector I needed to temporarily remove one vent hose. Noticed it was heavy and sagging in the middle. It was full of big chunks of wood...It contained the round plugs from the rough out through the floor of my bathroom plumbing! I ended up disconnecting every run I could to either snake the shop vac hose inside or just remove the entire vent hose to clean it. That's inexcusable IMO.

When I was mouse proofing I discovered many rough cut wiring access holes through metal where no wire loom was used. The coating on some had already started to chafe.

My brand new folding dinette chairs were not strapped down well in the front compartment and the plastic bag did not cover their legs. Consequently on my 2200 mile trip to pick up the 5ver the finish got rubbed off the legs and the flooring underneath the bed. I covered the flooring with felt to avoid a repeat and I'm waiting to see if customer service can identify the type of finish. Customer service doesn't ship stain or varnish I was told. Of course not... that would be too easy.

Even worse, my electric brake wires underneath the coach were connected with wire nuts and not sealed or covered. I arrived home from my delivery trip with no nut and only the memory twist of the bare wire keeping my driver side brakes connected.

First world problems for sure, but easily avoided if a few improvements were implemented at the factory.

I now return your thread to regular programming...
Apparently most all RV manufacturers are way.
It's kinda sad :(

kdubinwa

Bones

What if I don't like the regularly scheduled programming. I want something exciting!!!!!!!! :)

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Jerrod,

Let us know what they say! I am looking into purchasing something like you installed, however this looks much easier and less hassle, so if it works, that will be what I get. Just need to make sure before I pull the trigger that it actually works.

Rod

I'll call them one day soon and talk to them

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes report back. I have a Wilson Sleek, it's a bit of a pain to set up, and heats up any device set in the cradle. Would like something I don't have to run more wires for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well the GE Advantium is in :) only had to drill 4 MORE holes in the top cabinet. WOW it looks like Swiss cheese up there, but I'm making the trailer lighter right ?
This thing is nice :) Hopefully this is the last one for a while.

f1682dc5ee511bb1bdf5b9ac26e61fab.jpg
0a4d7d5b3586f0763dc31dd272c3aa62.jpg

LTZ

California-N Chapter Leaders-retired
Well the GE Advantium is in :) only had to drill 4 MORE holes in the top cabinet. WOW it looks like Swiss cheese up there, but I'm making the trailer lighter right ?
This thing is nice :) Hopefully this is the last one for a while.

f1682dc5ee511bb1bdf5b9ac26e61fab.jpg
0a4d7d5b3586f0763dc31dd272c3aa62.jpg

Jerrod, looks really nice! Where's an inside pic, does it have 2 racks?
Big question...will Rhonda still be able to cook pizookies?? Cuz that's important!! LOL

Donna

Bones

Jerrod,
On your rear power cord? Is it enclosed in its own box back there? What does the door look like that passes through to the outside? I'm thinking down the road about a future improvement later in time. Thanks

Dave

jbeletti

Jerrod - the GE looks nice. We have a 30-amp GE Profile Advantium Speedcook oven in our home and love it. It's too bit and too power hungry for an RV. Curious as to how your 15 amp version works out. I think you said you have the same on in your home.

With regard to the holes in your upper cabinet from all the microwave installs - sort of late now, but you might have wanted to replace the thin layer of luan with a new piece of paneling during this last install. Hopefully you'll have no reason to pull this one out and change that panel. Maybe just skin a new piece on - over the top of the current panel.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That looks like a nice microwave. Did it fit the vent in the side wall easily?

Thanks Dave. No it wasn't really, the vent hole that heartland put in the side of my slide is not in the center. It is about 3/4" to far to the right. I really wanted to use the metal vent extension piece (that it's technical name BTW) LOL to force the air outside instead of into the slide wall. So I decided to mount it into the vent with to rubber grommets which holds it out from the wall in the best place it can be. Then when in install the Microwave into place it will push up against it. Hope you got that ? It was easier for me to do the Job then it is for me to put it in writing. LOL

Jerrod,
On your rear power cord? Is it enclosed in its own box back there? What does the door look like that passes through to the outside? I'm thinking down the road about a future improvement later in time. Thanks
Dave
Dave are you talking about my 50amp power cord reel ?

Jerrod - the GE looks nice. We have a 30-amp GE Profile Advantium Speedcook oven in our home and love it. It's too bit and too power hungry for an RV. Curious as to how your 15 amp version works out. I think you said you have the same on in your home.

With regard to the holes in your upper cabinet from all the microwave installs - sort of late now, but you might have wanted to replace the thin layer of luan with a new piece of paneling during this last install. Hopefully you'll have no reason to pull this one out and change that panel. Maybe just skin a new piece on - over the top of the current panel.

Ya Jim I seen that 240 version that is a nice one. This 120 version is 925W and seems to be doing fine so far. Rhonda has a bunch of baking to do tomorrow for Sunday so it's going to get test out for sure.
We have the last one in our home the Frigidaire Professional series. Love in our home. It was a little to big looking in the RV.
As for my swiss cheese I put 4" duct tape over everything top and bottom to keep the saw dust inside the shelf from vibrating into the top of the holes in the Microwave. Heartland did use a nice 2 X 6 up there to mount it to. :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Talked to a guy at Wilson antanna.
The new unit is not out yet and he doesn't know a whole lot about it. He said it is a wireless unit with the window antenna and a base booster. I don't think it's the right setup for use yet.
He gave me a number to talk to the higher ups on Monday to see if they can make a wireless unit for the RVers like us.
I'll give you an update on Monday or Tuesday when I get ahold of them.