Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update on the day/night motion light, from down under. LOL
It seems to be working pretty good. It stayed off during the day a around dusk when I walked up towards the steps it came or. Can't get any better than that..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update on my water pump silencing box...
I've added the lower rubber mat and filled the hollow center with foam pad to make sure there is no sound transferred from inside the box.
Ready to install some day soon.
ac023f4a04a8af7d706bb41ca1e8a3e7.jpg
082b88a5285659439f7d979d60e475fe.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Water pump silencing box update.
Although we are camping I decided to go ahead and install my new water pump and my homemade silencing vibration box. Also installed the soft hose on the pressure side of the pump so there is no more hard Connection of the water lines to the pump. Although I'm sure with more testing of different materials I could make it better but WOW what a difference.
You can bearly here when the pump is running from inside the coach. If you listen you can hear it but you have to listen for it. It does help that I'm half deaf.
I'm calling it a success anyway.
I still need to redue all of my lines and fittings but that's for another day when I'm home with all of my supply's
8e749931947a2f0516c56dcc4f12f1bd.jpg

a4002e53fd5f20a965586ec27490c3b1.jpg

5c7747b17726a92addd9151ebd5788ee.jpg

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Wonder if just having the Backflow preventer in there would be insurance for if the pump ever failed again.

jbeletti

Congrats on taming that water pump Jerrod.

After I reinstalled mine with modifications, I turned what sounded like a jack hammer into a barely perceptible purring kitten. Kevin Wolbeck listened to it today and could hardly believe it.

The largest single improvement anyone can make in this area is to use a vinyl/soft hose on the outlet of the water pump before it transitions to PEX.

Other tips:
- Don't overtighten the mounting screws that hold the pump to the floor
- insulate the PEX where the pump output connects to it, where that PEX touches other PEX lines. Any vibration/hammering from the pump into the PEX at the outlet will be transmitted into any other PEX lines it may be touching

SLO

I like your silence box. Anything to eliminate transfer of pump vibration is the key. I'm a plumbing contractor and though I don't have to deal with pump vibration,as a rule, in homes there are other noises. Water hammer, velocity noises etc. I too used flexible water supplies from per to pump, strapped per lines down and used cone washer as spacers between pump and floor. Cone washers minimized contacted of pump to floor. Did the same thing on our last trailer and the guys at dealer service dept wanted to know how I made the pump so quiet. I really like your design. Much more refined than mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

Congrats on taming that water pump Jerrod.

After I reinstalled mine with modifications, I turned what sounded like a jack hammer into a barely perceptible purring kitten. Kevin Wolbeck listened to it today and could hardly believe it.

The largest single improvement anyone can make in this area is to use a vinyl/soft hose on the outlet of the water pump before it transitions to PEX.

Other tips:
- Don't overtighten the mounting screws that hold the pump to the floor
- insulate the PEX where the pump output connects to it, where that PEX touches other PEX lines. Any vibration/hammering from the pump into the PEX at the outlet will be transmitted into any other PEX lines it may be touching

Jim, I hope this is a mod you encourage the landmark people to pay attention too. Sometimes it's the little things that defines luxury.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Shoot, we just added an old computer mousepad under ours and it helped.

I think anything that isolates the pump will help some.

We have a variable speed Flojet, at the highest demand you still hear it some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Wonder if just having the Backflow preventer in there would be insurance for if the pump ever failed again.

Yes it would definitely prevent the back flow problem that's for sure. I wanted to do some more testing of my system before I install my check valve into my suction line.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My big Mod of the day
I switched the wires on the back of this double swich. I was always turning on the wrong switch.
Now the one on the left is for the inside dinette and the one on the right is for the outside awning lights. Like it should be, inside switch for inside and outside switch for outside. My buddy's Big Horn was wired the same backwards way.
Simple fix
8f0c5d40a4edc2ee068f2aeb98154205.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Small Mod of the day
I found the caps I've been looking for at the RV store here in Pismo Beach CA. And all of the quick-coupler for the hoses from Ace Hardware. Now when I get to camp I can just pop off the cap and pop on may hose. Same with my black tank flush hose and fittings. Makes life so much easier.
8caca81e2582743dd69170012196e6d8.jpg

87c604bc588364ebbbc33e8bf90d8007.jpg

c4c9ff5eaf6f508d0b34e4979c8e56f4.jpg

c5c8789b129924a619534541adab21dc.jpg

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jerrod do you not also use a brass 90 out of your supply line in? I use one on both to reduce the strain on both fittings.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya I have the pressure regulator then the 90° then the quick-coupler only on the fresh hose. As for the black flush hose it's only hooked up when I'm dumping and the basement door is open. I run it straight in and not up from the bottom. It's actually alot easier to connect and disconnect the black flush line because it's straight in.