Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well so much for the plan Dan.. Is that check valve in the Anderson valve. I have the new one in the box I'll bench test it tonight

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

danemayer

I wonder if you took the overflow fitting and ran pex to the rear cap and up the ladder a bit, or perhaps had a travel extension that raised the overflow a few feet.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I thought I had updated the water pump thread already but I guess not..
This is the 3rd version of my water pump silencing Mod, and I think the best one so far. I was able to compare it to the Key West last night and you could really tell the difference. Mine definitely has a nice quiet purr to it, from inside the coach. This version has 3 vibrations dampeners that I had bought to mount my air compressor in my garage. They were to small for that task so I had them sitting in my junk drawer.

The Goldilocks of water pump Mods
The 1st version worked fairly well. But this one was to hard.
The 2nd version was mounted to softly and the pump vibrated more. This one was to soft.
I think this one is pretty darn good but if I come up with something better I'll try it. For now this one is just right.

I believe I found these Isolators on Amazon. Kinda spendy though you maybe able to find them cheaper somewhere else.
http://www.amazon.com/Mason-4C876-I..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=12PEPTRWHWQ8QVPVHEC3

af6655a7f59510113cb59658e302d5d7.jpg
f2065bb971c872b38afd5fb970682ac6.jpg

9d1eb760018e5c3b984956ab4e9540e3.jpg

d5395d5d616b8eb1a99a5e46eff868b0.jpg

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I'll bid 13 cents for the Holy Cap. And don't have any idea whether you or Beletti will win the quietest water pump contest, but all I can say is that I haven't heard mine in years.

Rollin_Free

I'll bid 13 cents for the Holy Cap. And don't have any idea whether you or Beletti will win the quietest water pump contest, but all I can say is that I haven't heard mine in years.

Gotta be free shipping before I can bid.:) As far as not hearing it I don't have an answer. Well I do but...

Rollin_Free

I like your pump dampener. So other than that's how many you had was there a reason for only 3 isolators. I'm assuming of course you planned to only use 3 on the air compressor originally.:confused: The flexible hose on both sides really look good and probably also help decrease stress on the other piping when the pump is running. The only issue now is you have made me aware of it so now I'm probably gonna have to do similar mod to mine as well. Great post though, keep up the good follow through to get the real solution.

Bones

All I have to say is that My pump is quieter than all of yours. I never hear it running. :angel: he he he.

jbeletti

I wonder if you took the overflow fitting and ran pex to the rear cap and up the ladder a bit, or perhaps had a travel extension that raised the overflow a few feet.

I too have been thinking about relocating where my freshwater tank vent lines terminate. Right now, they penetrate the frame behind the rear tires. Trouble for me is that I now consume tank water for 100% of my needs and I don't want dirt, bugs, road grime etc. getting up into those vents. Thinking of some sort of enclosure to the vent weeps into, then water weeps out of the enclosure. This removes the direct contact between the vent opening and airborne road dirt, dust, grime etc. For bugs - thinking about wrapping a piece of fiberglass screen material over the end.

/hijack

Bones

I too have been thinking about relocating where my freshwater tank vent lines terminate. Right now, they penetrate the frame behind the rear tires. Trouble for me is that I now consume tank water for 100% of my needs and I don't want dirt, bugs, road grime etc. getting up into those vents. Thinking of some sort of enclosure to the vent weeps into, then water weeps out of the enclosure. This removes the direct contact between the vent opening and airborne road dirt, dust, grime etc. For bugs - thinking about wrapping a piece of fiberglass screen material over the end.

/hijack

You go Jim B He hijacked your thread. Ha

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

/hijack
Jim I was thinking the very same thing last night. I was thinking of some sort of a very dense foam so it would keep most of the water from escaping and would still let air in and out. Or maybe a floating ball check valve that when water is present the ball closes but drops back down when there in no water slushing to let the air in and out. This is for traveling only you would need another side vent for filling your tank so you would know when it's full.

porthole

Retired
My freshwater tank vents terminate in the UDC, at the top, with zero dips, all downhill to the tanks.

2nd picture in this post

My tanks had two vents on each tank.
The two chrome parts at the top center are marine fuel tank vents with screens (5/8" fitting)
The PVC elbow below the cable line is a common vent between the two tanks to help with self leveling. The elbow is also screened. The original; tank fill is tied into this vent also.
Vents here stay clean, and allow me the hear when the tank is getting close to full. And when the water starts coming out of the elbow the tanks are full :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Cyclone_water_02.jpg
    Cyclone_water_02.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

jbeletti

Jim I was thinking the very same thing last night. I was thinking of some sort of a very dense foam so it would keep most of the water from escaping and would still let air in and out. Or maybe a floating ball check valve that when water is present the ball closes but drops back down when there in no water slushing to let the air in and out. This is for traveling only you would need another side vent for filling your tank so you would know when it's full.

Jerrod - initially, I bought some duckbill valves that open up to allow water to weep out. After I got them, I realized (like an idiot) that like a check valve - they're really only one-way valves. As such, they will not work for us when we try to suction water from the tank as we have no other atmospheric vent. Now, if we ran a 1.5" vent line up through the roof - then we'd be able to use check valves on the vent lines.

No worky > l01-0220_duckbill_drain_c.jpg

Bones

Can you guys use a check valve in reverse like a flapper valve or a ball valve when it gets a rush of water it should close but still let air in and should let air out with a ball valve.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Exactly Dave something like my horrible drawing
The Floating ball will close the valve if water is present but let air flow freely
1aa6772b7080b55e129c6aa1bbd79661.jpg

Bones

yes I think you should try that

- - - Updated - - -

Woo hoo I hit the 1000 mark and the 1001 mark

- - - Updated - - -

You would need to have the valve oriented in the up position to keep that ball in pace and when water rushes out it will force the ball closed. That is my theory.

- - - Updated - - -

I got jipped from the 1001 and 1002 and 1003 post