Check your Carbon Monoxide detectors

Birchwood

Our province may follow Ontario with a new law that requires all residences to install Carbon Monoxide detectors.

This happened in Ontario

~The impetus was the deaths of a Woodstock couple, former OPP officer Laurie Hawkins, her husband Richard and their two children, 14-year-old daughter Cassandra and 12-year-old son Jordan. The four died because of a CO build-up due to a blocked chimney associated with a gas fireplace.
Carbon monoxide is an odourless, colourless, tasteless gas that is a byproduct of the combustion of natural gas, propane, home heating oil or wood.

Please check the detector in your RV as its usefulness expires in SEVEN years and if its a new RV make sure the batteries have been removed
from their plastic wrapper.Also replace the batteries each year!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Cheap life insurance. From now until spring, we'll probably run on a multitude of CO calls, the majority of them due to old batteries. But I've been to a few where my air monitor ramped up as soon as I entered the home. That's why I wear full PPE, including my SCBA, when I'm the one going in to check it out. If it burns, it can produce carbon monoxide.