Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We think the holes are a great idea should you be concerned about drainage.The four holes look good and since they are below the lip there's no worry about compromising the strength. The current pads are over engineered to stay put.

For us there's manufacturing considerations which force us to design the pad slightly differently. HOC feedback has been invaluable to us and we are busy working on a solution for drainage and more...

Glad we can all help in that we all like to improve our coaches.

rjr6150

Placed my order for six pads on 3/27/16 does thus qualify for the 10% discount. I have my order number of #1279

From the response I haven't received to date on my above question and two left messages. Not sure they are truly vested in customer service.

Last edited:

GregP

Just ordered six pads yesterday to take advantage of the discounted pricing. Our trailer is still buried in the snow, and more coming...so no rush at the moment to get the pads. Hope to have on hand so that we can have them installed as soon as we can get back on the road.

Last edited:

Pirana

been that the pad holds water by itself....wouldnt it be better to do a vertical hole in both the pad and the snapad?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
been that the pad holds water by itself....wouldnt it be better to do a vertical hole in both the pad and the snapad?

Thought about that, but if the pads are down on concrete the drainage might be minimal at best.

Peace
Dave​

IronJ

Ok, I'll play ..is there still a discount for hoc members? .

Jeremy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

ndmac

Just my two cents worth.
I recently read this thread and purchased set of RV Snap Pads. When I received them I drilled drain holes as discussed. It rained all week and weekend in all around 2+ inches with wind and storms. Every morning when I woke up these were wet but no standing water.

I did fill them up with water right after install and they drained fairly quickly. By the time I ran into camper grabbed refreshment and came back out there was no standing water (5 min. max.). All I can think is my drain holes through the rubber were quite clean and no debris in the 3/32 to 1/8" holes.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

Got mine yesterday, I will take them with me to Lancaster, maybe someone can tell ( show ) me how to install them.

kdubinwa

Given the rain and rust issues here in the Northwest I cleaned and coated my Lippert jack feet with FlexSeal rubber paint before drilling and reinstalling my snappads.

Used the same paint on my Lance truck camper jack feet years ago and it has held up perfectly.

e7b2b20bb533ba9a5ac897dbfabf029e.jpg

dd8b4d332dbf1f5a8a0ef545fa38f7a5.jpg

195d3b23a3258c20666cf589fb27e858.jpg

d266257ae18f3dd0cf406c8a26cb671d.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Very nice look. Did you spray the bottoms too ? That will look sharp with the Snap-Pads on there.
If it fades in a few years spray it again.

FYI: On the "Holy Snap-Pods" They have been draining right out and drying up, and seem to be staying cleaner now too. Glad to see a lot of you have done the mod and got them installed. Now it's time to push the "Auto Level" button, sit back, relax, drink a beer, and watch the guy coming in next to you in the campground going back and forth trying to get his trailer level without too big of a smile on your face.

Aandaar

Given the rain and rust issues here in the Northwest I cleaned and coated my Lippert jack feet with FlexSeal rubber paint before drilling and reinstalling my snappads.

Used the same paint on my Lance truck camper jack feet years ago and it has held up perfectly.

e7b2b20bb533ba9a5ac897dbfabf029e.jpg

dd8b4d332dbf1f5a8a0ef545fa38f7a5.jpg

195d3b23a3258c20666cf589fb27e858.jpg

d266257ae18f3dd0cf406c8a26cb671d.jpg

I like this. Mine are still in the box. Wait on the trailer to come out of the shop. Will be doing this before I install mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie