Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

kdubinwa

I thought about it but elected not to spray the bottoms... the jack feet are unpainted on the bottom so some rust might occur underneath, however, the snappads fit very tight at the lip and now the drain holes work well so nothing I'm going to worry about.

Very nice look. Did you spray the bottoms too ? That will look sharp with the Snap-Pads on there.
If it fades in a few years spray it again.

FYI: On the "Holy Snap-Pods" They have been draining right out and drying up, and seem to be staying cleaner now too. Glad to see a lot of you have done the mod and got them installed. Now it's time to push the "Auto Level" button, sit back, relax, drink a beer, and watch the guy coming in next to you in the campground going back and forth trying to get his trailer level without too big of a smile on your face.

kdubinwa

I used a 3/8 forstner bit and followed the advice posted earlier in this thread: Advance the bit slowly and let it cut a clean hole. The 3/8 bit fit perfectly within the lip of the snappad and I angled down about 20-30 degrees before starting... and then drilled straight through. Easy.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their ideas and results.

Have pics of the holes? Can't see the holes where they open up at the base. Looks very cleanly done.

Bones

Finished product

bde6ed1e35fc26febc7a48af8bdbcadd.jpg

That looks really good.

IronJ

Ha, as I am waiting for my pads to show, I was in the garage this weekend thinking about bed liner for my feet.... (well, the campers not my own ).....I've never used flex seal, but that seems like a good alternative!!..

Wonder if the guys in service (where my trailer is now) would wanna coat my feet while it's there!! Haha

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Bones

Ha, as I am waiting for my pads to show, I was in the garage this weekend thinking about bed liner for my feet.... (well, the campers not my own ).....I've never used flex seal, but that seems like a good alternative!!..

Wonder if the guys in service (where my trailer is now) would wanna coat my feet while it's there!! Haha

Every-time I see your last line I think Tin Foil. Ha ;)

You can get a can of rino liner or rubberized spray paint from PebBoys or AutoZone or where ever. The flex seal is just a version of the rubberized undercoating used on cars.

jbeletti

Given the rain and rust issues here in the Northwest I cleaned and coated my Lippert jack feet with FlexSeal rubber paint before drilling and reinstalling my snappads.

Used the same paint on my Lance truck camper jack feet years ago and it has held up perfectly.

Your jack feet look great!

Gary521

I see that you have a hole in every flat face but I do not see how they drain from the top where the water sits. What am I missing?

kdubinwa

The metal feet sit on the pad and significantly below the top of the snappad lip. This allows the water to drain directly out the holes drilled inside the lip. Nearly all of my 3/8" hole is directly available for draining.

I see that you have a hole in every flat face but I do not see how they drain from the top where the water sits. What am I missing?

- - - Updated - - -

My experience has been different. FlexSeal is ideally suited for stopping leaks in gutters and treating metal roof flashing. It dries flexible for expansion and clings to metal very well. Spray can undercoating is messy, sprays on unevenly, and does not adhere as well. While it contains some rubber, it is also full of petroleum (oil) products.

I have used both and I prefer FlexSeal by a wide margin.

Every-time I see your last line I think Tin Foil. Ha ;)

You can get a can of rino liner or rubberized spray paint from PebBoys or AutoZone or where ever. The flex seal is just a version of the rubberized undercoating used on cars.

IronJ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But seriously. ...imma try that flex seal first. ..what's to lose...if it falls off it will be easy to replace with bedliner spray!

Last edited by a moderator:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
About a month ago after traveling some 280 miles we arrived home to find we lost one Snap Pad from the rear door side jack. Don't know how it came off. Called Snap Pads and they shipped us a replacement at no charge. Great Customer Service. Now the only problem is UPS delivered the replacement and we were not home. He left the package outside our gate and we never received the package. UPS is investigating the missing package but have not heard back from them yet. Thanks UPS you guys are the worst. My instructions said to porch the package. GGRRRRR

RV_SnapPad_Support

About a month ago after traveling some 280 miles we arrived home to find we lost one Snap Pad from the rear door side jack. Don't know how it came off. Called Snap Pads and they shipped us a replacement at no charge. Great Customer Service. Now the only problem is UPS delivered the replacement and we were not home. He left the package outside our gate and we never received the package. UPS is investigating the missing package but have not heard back from them yet. Thanks UPS you guys are the worst. My instructions said to porch the package. GGRRRRR
We're sorry to hear that Jim (and/or Sheila). Unfortunately like all things UPS is not perfect as we have had some difficulties with them in the past. That said, they have always found a way to right their wrongs. Let us know how and when your issue is solved and if we can help in anyway.
Happy Camping :)

RVFun4Us

The Snap Pads are designed so they will not come off if installed correctly. Mine snapped on and if I was to try to remove them, it would be a chore with screwdrivers etc. So I am wondering if you did not get that particular pad on completely on install. Also, I would check your other pads to make sure they are completely on the foot pads so you don't lose any more.

TikiDawg

We joined the Snap Pads family today. Used the Flex Seal technique on the landing pads earlier in the week, then installed the Snap Pads today. One more project scratched off the list.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The Snap Pads are designed so they will not come off if installed correctly. Mine snapped on and if I was to try to remove them, it would be a chore with screwdrivers etc. So I am wondering if you did not get that particular pad on completely on install. Also, I would check your other pads to make sure they are completely on the foot pads so you don't lose any more.

I know they were all on securely as they have been on without issues for months. The only thing i can figure out is when entering Buc-EEs in Bastrop TX they steep driveway caused the skid wheels to drag on the rear of the Coach (DW was following me and saw them drag) and that might of knocked the snap pad off but she did not see it come off. Steep driveways are hard on the low Landmarks. BTW - Snap Pads are sending me a replacement pad that UPS lost. Great company. It is scheduled for delivery this coming Thursday. We will be watching for it and even are in the process of installing security cameras. Pistol in had waiting for the thief. LOL:)

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Love it! Flex seal should send me a commission check :)

[I think I am missing something regarding why you need flex seal....If the jack is painted and the snap pads have the holes drilled to allow water run off, is moisture still getting between the jack feet and the snap pad?? Is this why you need to coat with flex steel????]

kdubinwa

Love it! Flex seal should send me a commission check :)

[I think I am missing something regarding why you need flex seal....If the jack is painted and the snap pads have the holes drilled to allow water run off, is moisture still getting between the jack feet and the snap pad?? Is this why you need to coat with flex steel????]

No. The Lippert paint job on my jack feet was flaking and rusting two weeks after I took possession of my 2016 Bighorn (same as my Lippert frame). Flex seal stops the problem and also prevents any trapped water from creating more problems.