Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

jbeletti

Thanks Jesstalkn. I went back and read post #131 plus a few following it. I have a much better idea of what to do now. Still not sure I should attempt this, but I feel a lot more comfortable. I think I'll try one of the back pads and see if it is something my un-mechanical ability can do. At least, thanks to you, I've got pictures and examples to look at.

Keith - if you were at a rally, you'd have elves to do this for you :)

Bones

Thanks Jesstalkn. I went back and read post #131 plus a few following it. I have a much better idea of what to do now. Still not sure I should attempt this, but I feel a lot more comfortable. I think I'll try one of the back pads and see if it is something my un-mechanical ability can do. At least, thanks to you, I've got pictures and examples to look at.
If you are at the upcoming rally in PA I will help you out.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If you have any questions at all or need more pictures just let me know. If you PM me I'll give you my number and walk ya through it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Keith - if you were at a rally, you'd have elves to do this for you :)

Thanks Jim. I'll remember this when we are in Vegas!:D:D

- - - Updated - - -

If you are at the upcoming rally in PA I will help you out.

Thanks Bones, but I will be on my way West during the PA Rally.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have any questions at all or need more pictures just let me know. If you PM me I'll give you my number and walk ya through it

Thanks Jesstalkn. I'll take you up on that offer if I am unable to do it on my own. What you have shown me, looks pretty straight forward so I'm going to give it a try this weekend. If I run into trouble, you'll be hearing from me.:)

BigGuy82

SnapPads

Quick question. For those of you who have attached SnapPads to your LevelUp system. Good, bad, indifferent?

Thanks!

IronJ

Re: SnapPads

I drilled my drain holes...

And I was thankful they left a hole in the bottom to access the nut....

Had my rig in for warranty work which included a new front landing gear hydraulic leg...

The tech replaced the leg and just bolted my old foot with the pad to the leg...easy peasy...

And every tech who I came across asked about em...they thought it was a great idea...

So far, I have really liked them and while they are not a do or die item like a surge protector, they sure are nice and maintenance/work free!! I give em 2 thumbs up!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Bones

Love mine! I have a set of the new ones with the drain channels. Just need time to get them on!
Next time you set up camp slap em on. We are seriously considering level up but I like the new evolution system

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

We love ours. And the company is great too. We lost one, not sure where but believe it was at a steep Buckies entrance, and they sent me another one without charge. Great product, great company.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I had an old electric leg up in the shed so I cut a couple of pieces of that and welded to the foot pad.
They do make a bolt on bracket.
Door_Side_Rear_Jack_3.JPG

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I seen my first set of the new updated version of the SnapPads today. They look great.
Is anyone still on the fence about ordering them ? Or has everybody pulled the trigger and are now enjoying them ?

One more question is there anyone out there that is disappointed in your perches if so why ? Just curios I can't imagine anyone disappointed in them.

jbeletti

I have the Xtra Pads with the slot and they do the job. Bear in mind that an amount of water will remain on top of the metal foot until it evaporates. This has nothing to do with the Snap Pads. It's the way the foot is designed with a slight upturn around the circumference.

jbeletti

What happened Jim did you wear out your last set ? LOL

I was actually using one of the first sets ever made, before they were sold at retail. I installed them 2 years ago last April. It was time to sport the latest version :)

chasdvorak

I installed the SnapPads on my 2009 BH 3580RL a few weeks ago and am pleased with the results. I haven't transported the coach yet, but I'm concerned about the middle jack pad on the Door Side. I have one of the early Level-Up installations and the jack is mounted on the left side of the stairs very near to the tire. I haven't had any problems in the past, but the addition of the SnapPad leaves a few inches of spacing between itself and the tire.

I contacted SnapPad Customer Support and they could not offer any advice regarding tire clearance since the product is a third party add on and there are many different installation methods foand the various rigs I've attached a photo for review and would appreciate any input or suggestions regarding if there is sufficient clearance between the SnapPad and tire. Anyone have a similar situation? Will the tire move and make contact with the pad if it hits a pothole or curb?

thanks in advance,

Chuck Dvorak​
<fieldset class="blockrow" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 5px 10px; border: 0px;"><legend style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails</legend> </fieldset>